Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Job Offer Details

NEOM Job Offer Details

Old Jun 1st 2023, 2:18 am
  #181  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 13
Iamexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by DeepSix
got the onboarding and benefits pack sent through. It's not a rotation. It's 30 days +12 public holidays plus 24 days of remote working / working from home.

so , not ideal but not actually the worst although these 24 remote days might be critical to make it a sweet deal.
Hi DeepSix,

If you read through the threads youll find that people are saying the 24 days are 2 days per month, and that your 2 days can't be carried over into next months. I asked my recruiter and was told it depends on your manager. Not sure if it depends on the team or the recruiter has outdated information.

Do you know what job grade the role you're applying for is in?
Iamexpat is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2023, 5:04 am
  #182  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Iamexpat
Hi DeepSix,

If you read through the threads youll find that people are saying the 24 days are 2 days per month, and that your 2 days can't be carried over into next months. I asked my recruiter and was told it depends on your manager. Not sure if it depends on the team or the recruiter has outdated information.

Do you know what job grade the role you're applying for is in?
Nothing to do with your manager. It's NEOM policy.
Pkingston is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2023, 7:04 am
  #183  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 281
DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Iamexpat
Hi DeepSix,

If you read through the threads youll find that people are saying the 24 days are 2 days per month, and that your 2 days can't be carried over into next months. I asked my recruiter and was told it depends on your manager. Not sure if it depends on the team or the recruiter has outdated information.

Do you know what job grade the role you're applying for is in?
it's a senior managers role.
2 days a month would be sub optimal. It would mean 2 days working from camp as no point even traveling to say Dubai as your going to miss a work day getting back.
I guess you could do something like add it to a week home so that 2 days home you're working but again that's a faff.

if this is policy and cant be negotiated then it's not as sweet a deal as hoped-for.
DeepSix is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2023, 7:48 am
  #184  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 10
usaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by DeepSix
it's a senior managers role.
2 days a month would be sub optimal. It would mean 2 days working from camp as no point even traveling to say Dubai as your going to miss a work day getting back.
I guess you could do something like add it to a week home so that 2 days home you're working but again that's a faff.if this is policy and cant be negotiated then it's not as sweet a deal as hoped-for.
The new policy goes into effect on July 1. The days can’t be carried over and the system does not let you book more than 2 per month.
usaexpat is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2023, 9:31 am
  #185  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 281
DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by usaexpat
The new policy goes into effect on July 1. The days can’t be carried over and the system does not let you book more than 2 per month.
Sounds like a talk with the manager but basically 2 days a month is going to be - 2 days of "cant be arsed to get out of my PJ's" - sit in the compound digs and work from the kitchen table - - a bit like now post COVID

I suspect this is all because people have been taking the piss and booking "work from home" but really do very little and get some more holidays.

Oh well - - back to the old days and be on site 12 hrs a day - - its why we get the "big" money
DeepSix is offline  
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 3:34 pm
  #186  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Without discussing company policy, I can confirm that what pkingston says is absolute. It’s 2 days a month, use them or lose them. There’s no ‘chat with your manager’, the system will only accept hare within the rules. How you use them is up to you. Personally, I haven’t found any issue with the new way the remote working days are applied - it still gives a lot more flexibility than you’d get otherwise. I can travel at the weekend to see my family, use a day of remote working at the start and end of a week to at at least be able to be with them, then add some annual leave in the middle.

If you were looking for them to be ‘free leave’ where you do no work, then yes, you’re probably going to be disappointed.

Last edited by Diplo; Jun 2nd 2023 at 3:36 pm.
Diplo is offline  
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 6:58 pm
  #187  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 3
Akoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Aschia
Hi Everyone, I am currently in a visa process and looking forward to relocating to Neom. As I am quite stressed about new environment and possible cultural differences, I was searching for some cross-cultural trainings. I have found some, however, I believe they would require an organized group for those companies to organize it. I thought I could ask here if anyone would be interested in participation with me? It's an online one, so quite independent of your location.
hi, hope you’re well! I would be, can you provide more details?x
Akoa is offline  
Old Jun 4th 2023, 10:04 am
  #188  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 3
bigspudds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Seems to me that the offer that NEOM make, with salary plus leave schedule, plus "medical" plus housing allowance etc etc is rather mislesding.
the benefits such as 24 days pa work from home, a free internal flight per month, free food and accomodation are what puts the cherry on the cake
Oh and of course married / family status
it now seems:
No family accommodation for 1 year plus due to shortage and no news on availability if 1 bed units
No school places for at least a year
2 bed units when available now will cost 4000 SAR per month with a possibility of charging for the dogboxes masquerading as studios
because family must stay outside KSA due to no accoms for family, the medical insurance is not valid, and must join BUPA which NEOM will only fund 50%
the benefits are not specifically borne out in contract document and when this point was raised, the answer was : this is the way NEOM does things
seems to me then that some teenager in a shiny suit, somewhere in HR / accounts is fiddling with benefits to look smart
soon we will be paying for food, and accomodation....with the extra cost of maintaining a family outside KSA this then starts to become less attracative, biting heavily into the " 30% " uplift in salary.....
oh and 4000 SAR for a 2 bed prefab unit of maybe 80m2 on a vcamp in the middle of the desert ? i pay less for a 250m2 unit in the UAE.....
If they are serious about attracting talented individuals, to complete mega projects on challenging timelines, Keeping the staff motivated and happy should be the prime objective, not penny pinching on already very average social conditions
bigspudds is offline  
Old Jun 4th 2023, 10:34 am
  #189  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by bigspudds
Seems to me that the offer that NEOM make, with salary plus leave schedule, plus "medical" plus housing allowance etc etc is rather mislesding.
the benefits such as 24 days pa work from home, a free internal flight per month, free food and accomodation are what puts the cherry on the cake
Oh and of course married / family status
it now seems:
No family accommodation for 1 year plus due to shortage and no news on availability if 1 bed units
No school places for at least a year
2 bed units when available now will cost 4000 SAR per month with a possibility of charging for the dogboxes masquerading as studios
because family must stay outside KSA due to no accoms for family, the medical insurance is not valid, and must join BUPA which NEOM will only fund 50%
the benefits are not specifically borne out in contract document and when this point was raised, the answer was : this is the way NEOM does things
seems to me then that some teenager in a shiny suit, somewhere in HR / accounts is fiddling with benefits to look smart
soon we will be paying for food, and accomodation....with the extra cost of maintaining a family outside KSA this then starts to become less attracative, biting heavily into the " 30% " uplift in salary.....
oh and 4000 SAR for a 2 bed prefab unit of maybe 80m2 on a vcamp in the middle of the desert ? i pay less for a 250m2 unit in the UAE.....
If they are serious about attracting talented individuals, to complete mega projects on challenging timelines, Keeping the staff motivated and happy should be the prime objective, not penny pinching on already very average social conditions

???
The 4000sar for the family accommodation has been in place for nearly 2 years mate. Nothing has changed. The family cabins are more than 100m2 and if paying for extra space isnt up your alley, then suggest you stay where you are in your flashy 250m2 palace in the UAE.

Other than the work remote change, every other 'benefit' that you are whinging about is exactly as it was.

There are 3000 people on the ground here, so clearly they didnt have any issues being attracted to the project.

Perhaps this one isnt for you...................
Pkingston is offline  
Old Jun 4th 2023, 2:03 pm
  #190  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 28
aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Pkingston
???
The 4000sar for the family accommodation has been in place for nearly 2 years mate. Nothing has changed. The family cabins are more than 100m2 and if paying for extra space isnt up your alley, then suggest you stay where you are in your flashy 250m2 palace in the UAE.

Other than the work remote change, every other 'benefit' that you are whinging about is exactly as it was.

There are 3000 people on the ground here, so clearly they didnt have any issues being attracted to the project.

Perhaps this one isnt for you...................
Is it exactly as it ever was though? Because there are dozens of pages on this very thread that shows that the benefits are indeed not the same as it ever was. People obviously have their families at NEOM now, but now that option is indefinitely on hold; the whole "uplift and reclass" was a given, until it wasn't; having a place in the school for kids was part of the journey, now it's also indefinitely on hold; a cost for family accommodation was also not an original factor but was brought in later on--the posts on this thread by others confirm that, complete with the "wait, what" reactions to it. Just because someone has managed to have their family on site with their kid(s) in the school doesn't mean that it's available for everyone because the conditions have in fact changed. Those people who have those priceless (and they are privileges) should maybe spend more time realising that they were fortunate enough to come on board early enough to when those things are available rather than dismissing later-comers' clear disappointment that they really are not getting as good a deal as those before them. That is a fact. And I'd suspect that some of the 3,000 on-site did indeed have a problem but the potential of NEOM outweighed that so that chose it anyway.

I suspect an equaliser can start with NEOM giving people who join later than a certain date more flights home (maybe 2 or 3 rather than one) and maybe make those flights a higher class than economy. Or maybe they allow people who join after July 1 to keep the old remote work policy. Those who are there already with their families (or at least have their families in the queue that has since closed--again, another change) shouldn't have issue with this since there is at least a process underway to have everyone together.

There could be other measures but we know that won't happen because they understand that the real attractor to NEOM moving forward will not be to get wealthy and be "set for life", but instead to spend a finite amount of time for a chance to deliver things that most people think are undeliverable and have it on their CV. And as long as people keep joining they will see that as enough and they're probably right. On the other hand if the numbers dry up, they might consider other sweeteners.
aussieaggie is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2023, 7:21 am
  #191  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 4
amalikn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Is it exactly as it ever was though? Because there are dozens of pages on this very thread that shows that the benefits are indeed not the same as it ever was. People obviously have their families at NEOM now, but now that option is indefinitely on hold; the whole "uplift and reclass" was a given, until it wasn't; having a place in the school for kids was part of the journey, now it's also indefinitely on hold; a cost for family accommodation was also not an original factor but was brought in later on--the posts on this thread by others confirm that, complete with the "wait, what" reactions to it. Just because someone has managed to have their family on site with their kid(s) in the school doesn't mean that it's available for everyone because the conditions have in fact changed. Those people who have those priceless (and they are privileges) should maybe spend more time realising that they were fortunate enough to come on board early enough to when those things are available rather than dismissing later-comers' clear disappointment that they really are not getting as good a deal as those before them. That is a fact. And I'd suspect that some of the 3,000 on-site did indeed have a problem but the potential of NEOM outweighed that so that chose it anyway.

I suspect an equaliser can start with NEOM giving people who join later than a certain date more flights home (maybe 2 or 3 rather than one) and maybe make those flights a higher class than economy. Or maybe they allow people who join after July 1 to keep the old remote work policy. Those who are there already with their families (or at least have their families in the queue that has since closed--again, another change) shouldn't have issue with this since there is at least a process underway to have everyone together.

There could be other measures but we know that won't happen because they understand that the real attractor to NEOM moving forward will not be to get wealthy and be "set for life", but instead to spend a finite amount of time for a chance to deliver things that most people think are undeliverable and have it on their CV. And as long as people keep joining they will see that as enough and they're probably right. On the other hand if the numbers dry up, they might consider other sweeteners.
well explained
amalikn is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2023, 7:41 am
  #192  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Is it exactly as it ever was though? Because there are dozens of pages on this very thread that shows that the benefits are indeed not the same as it ever was. People obviously have their families at NEOM now, but now that option is indefinitely on hold; the whole "uplift and reclass" was a given, until it wasn't; having a place in the school for kids was part of the journey, now it's also indefinitely on hold; a cost for family accommodation was also not an original factor but was brought in later on--the posts on this thread by others confirm that, complete with the "wait, what" reactions to it. Just because someone has managed to have their family on site with their kid(s) in the school doesn't mean that it's available for everyone because the conditions have in fact changed. Those people who have those priceless (and they are privileges) should maybe spend more time realising that they were fortunate enough to come on board early enough to when those things are available rather than dismissing later-comers' clear disappointment that they really are not getting as good a deal as those before them. That is a fact. And I'd suspect that some of the 3,000 on-site did indeed have a problem but the potential of NEOM outweighed that so that chose it anyway.

I suspect an equaliser can start with NEOM giving people who join later than a certain date more flights home (maybe 2 or 3 rather than one) and maybe make those flights a higher class than economy. Or maybe they allow people who join after July 1 to keep the old remote work policy. Those who are there already with their families (or at least have their families in the queue that has since closed--again, another change) shouldn't have issue with this since there is at least a process underway to have everyone together.

There could be other measures but we know that won't happen because they understand that the real attractor to NEOM moving forward will not be to get wealthy and be "set for life", but instead to spend a finite amount of time for a chance to deliver things that most people think are undeliverable and have it on their CV. And as long as people keep joining they will see that as enough and they're probably right. On the other hand if the numbers dry up, they might consider other sweeteners.

Yes, the benefits are exactly what is stated in the contract. Both the employment contract, and the housing contract (which was sent to me 6 months before i arrived, 2 years ago - stating the need to pay for family units at 4000sr per month). Whether they charged it or not is not the point. There are families that have been here for 3 years now, that knew there was a cost to the family units - NEOM only in the last 12 months began to enforce this. IT IS NOT NEW.

Accommodation has always been an issue here, and there are/were NEVER guarantees that family units and/or places in the school would be available to new starters. Never. 12 months ago, there was still a waiting list for both the family units and the school, longer than a football field. The notion of employing only singles for now, it is alleviate this list getting longer.

To your point on 'uplift and reclass' - never was it stipulated or guarantied that this was a fact. So, no - "it wasnt a given, until it wasnt..."
Pkingston is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2023, 4:26 pm
  #193  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 28
Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Hi All

thanks for the great information provided here.
i allow myself to ask for some info that I didn’t find anywhere.

what is proposed to someone that have a family relocated from KSA to UAE because there is no space for family nor school?

is the relocation allowance given to someone that is not moving to KSA but moving his family out of KSA?

is Neom still providing a 65KSAR schooling allowance per kid per year worldwide? For instance if you send your family live in UAE while you move alone to Neom will Neom cover the schooling fees for your kids? I used to read that on their website but now the info is nowhere to be found.. I wonder if this benefit was removed.

do they give you 65k for schooling or reimburse based on receipt?

regarding the flight tickets back to Riyadh Jeddah I understand that’s it’s 2 per month but no ticket given to go to UAE for instance ?

I read above that the medical insurance is not covering families outside of KSA? Is that correct? How much shall we consider to have a medical coverage under bupa for spouse and 2 kids? I’ve read 50% covered by Neom. How much is the 50% left?

is Neom covering the exit re entry visa needed to exit the country at each trip? If yes Is it a single exit re entry each time or multiple exit re entry given each year?

thanks in advance
Totototo is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2023, 6:41 pm
  #194  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 170
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Totototo
Hi All

thanks for the great information provided here.
i allow myself to ask for some info that I didn’t find anywhere.

what is proposed to someone that have a family relocated from KSA to UAE because there is no space for family nor school?
Currently, there is no special offering as a result of no space.
is the relocation allowance given to someone that is not moving to KSA but moving his family out of KSA?
Typically, no.
is Neom still providing a 65KSAR schooling allowance per kid per year worldwide? For instance if you send your family live in UAE while you move alone to Neom will Neom cover the schooling fees for your kids? I used to read that on their website but now the info is nowhere to be found.. I wonder if this benefit was removed.

do they give you 65k for schooling or reimburse based on receipt?

regarding the flight tickets back to Riyadh Jeddah I understand that’s it’s 2 per month but no ticket given to go to UAE for instance ?
Correct. Only domestic flights/
I read above that the medical insurance is not covering families outside of KSA? Is that correct? How much shall we consider to have a medical coverage under bupa for spouse and 2 kids? I’ve read 50% covered by Neom. How much is the 50% left?

is Neom covering the exit re entry visa needed to exit the country at each trip? If yes Is it a single exit re entry each time or multiple exit re entry given each year?
Yes. Multiple exit/entry. Renewed as often as you ask. No charge unless you don't use it.
thanks in advance
Hi, Totototo. I've answered these as best I can. I'm not certain about school and insurance benefits, so I left those blank. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer them for you.
Some of the sign-on benefits may change based on the market, so your hiring manager or recruiter will be the final word; but, this is what I was told last month.
Good luck!
BMH

BMH77 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2023, 6:55 pm
  #195  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Just to add to the above,

Yes, you will get schooling paid up to (I think 60K SAR a year) per child in formal paid for education, on a pro-rated reimbursement basis.

I can't go into the company arranged Bupa cost in detail as I don't think this information is public, but if it helps, lots of people use it (you basically pay for half of the policy cost out of your salary each month). It's not cheap though, in fact it may be the most expensive health insurance I've ever seen (but I may have a skewed view as I don't know how county A compares with county B more generally for example) - you may find it cheaper to insure your family in the country they are resident in, then claim 50% of that back by reimbursement instead. That said, the cover is excellent.
Diplo is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.