Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Job Offer Details

NEOM Job Offer Details

Old Feb 6th 2022, 12:49 am
Just Joined

peterpipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

It would be super helpful if someone can breakdown the full package/ offer they received from NEOM.

- Salary: is it only your current salary + 30% no matter what? ( There is no budget?)

- relocation allowance (75k SAR?)

- How many vacation days?

- what is the flight allowance?

- Is there a retention bonus?

- How many interviews before you were offered the position?

I've been following along for awhile and i appreciate everyone who contributes!
Old Feb 6th 2022, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by peterpipper12
It would be super helpful if someone can breakdown the full package/ offer they received from NEOM.

- Salary: is it only your current salary + 30% no matter what? ( There is no budget?) correct, apparently there are certain cases where exceptions are made but I believe these are fairly uncommon.

- relocation allowance (75k SAR?) Correct

- How many vacation days? 30 + 2 x Eids + Saudi National Day, so maybe around 38-41?

- what is the flight allowance? Its 1 flight for you and family once per year. Rates are determined by fare average. Apart from the initial flight out and the final exit flight, which are booked and paid for by NEOM, the rest are reimbursed by expenses. I think you also get an allowance for 1 return domesfic flight per month

- Is there a retention bonus? 2-3% annually

- How many interviews before you were offered the position? 2 - one formal, one informal

I've been following along for awhile and i appreciate everyone who contributes!
See responses in green above, I hope this helps!
Old Feb 6th 2022, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
See responses in green above, I hope this helps!

Thank you very much! extremely helpful.

I imagine both the formal & informal interview are via zoom or teams?
Old Feb 6th 2022, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much! extremely helpful.

I imagine both the formal & informal interview are via zoom or teams?
Yeah both on teams
Old Feb 6th 2022, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Is there really no budget for roles within NEOM? just 30% more than your current role?

I've never heard of anyone having to provide paystubs to a prospective employer.

I am extremely under paid in my current role but i work from home and get to spend time with my family. i don't think a 30% increase from my current salary is worth the move the middle of the desert : /
Old Feb 7th 2022, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there really no budget for roles within NEOM? just 30% more than your current role?

I've never heard of anyone having to provide paystubs to a prospective employer.

I am extremely under paid in my current role but i work from home and get to spend time with my family. i don't think a 30% increase from my current salary is worth the move the middle of the desert : /

Yes, you need to provide (at the very least) 3 months of payslips. If this is not possible, then they will ask for your current employment contract which should state your current salary. They will then do the calculations based on this.
From my recent experience, there is little to no room for negotiation. Its a pretty closed process to be honest.

Old Feb 8th 2022, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone highlight some interview questions they were asked?

My understanding is that there is one formal & one informal? Can anyone explain the difference?
Old Feb 8th 2022, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

My understanding is that there is one formal & one informal? Can anyone explain the difference?

There was no specific formal and/or informal interview. Both were pretty relaxed and both combined technical/experience type questions and some personal light hearted chat.

I met with the Exec Director of my team first for about an hour, then the second interview 2 days later was with my direct senior manager for close to 45 mins.

Old Feb 8th 2022, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

What is your occupation/industry that you are looking to get into a NEOM?
Old Feb 9th 2022, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pkingston

PM'd you!
Old Feb 9th 2022, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

a pickled pepper picker
Old May 9th 2022, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

CT F is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you need to provide (at the very least) 3 months of payslips. If this is not possible, then they will ask for your current employment contract which should state your current salary. They will then do the calculations based on this.
From my recent experience, there is little to no room for negotiation. Its a pretty closed process to be honest.
The 30% increase is an interesting one, I too have been considering the move. I left ft employment a few years ago, to see if I could get my own SME property /construction related off the ground in the UK, I paid very little salary to myself in that time, trying to get it moving. Anyway long story short would they look at payslip from 5 yrs ago? How can you overcome a situation like this?
Old May 9th 2022, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CT F
The 30% increase is an interesting one, I too have been considering the move. I left ft employment a few years ago, to see if I could get my own SME property /construction related off the ground in the UK, I paid very little salary to myself in that time, trying to get it moving. Anyway long story short would they look at payslip from 5 yrs ago? How can you overcome a situation like this?
Have you been contacted for a Design role?

Last edited by Scott78; May 9th 2022 at 8:43 pm.
Old May 10th 2022, 7:06 pm
Q&A

SJM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all, please can you advise, when you say 30% increase of salary is that of your total take home including allowances (existing total package plus 30%) or 30% just on your current basic salary plus existing allowances if your looking to join from the UAE?
Old May 11th 2022, 6:58 am
Just Joined

frenzeee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SJM2022
Hi to all, please can you advise, when you say 30% increase of salary is that of your total take home including allowances (existing total package plus 30%) or 30% just on your current basic salary plus existing allowances if your looking to join from the UAE?
1) having read through most posts here, it is based on *most* of your total package
2) uplift is 20%-25% (rare exceptions of 30% have been mentioned but not the norm, so look for 25%)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.