NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old May 26th 2024, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

NomadBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by zj215
I agree, I don't mind waiting if the comms is clear and expectations are understood. It does then reflect on the operation overall if the comms and process are as it is. Its a start up and 'we' can sort start ups, but if you can't get it you can't help them, anyway, I am just putting it in the back back burner, pursing something else. Too long to wait with too little reasonable information. I don't feel I'm a newbie to this game either.
I feel exactly the same and it is where I am at now. Communication had been ok but now I am being ghosted and I'm not ok with that. Quite simply in any other operation you can't ignore an email and when you can't even receive a status update for a position that they headhunted you for it's time to put it to the back of your mind (but how many other potential amazing employees are they going to lose by this kind of behaviour!)

I think most of us on this forum understand that the process is long (and that is ok) but keep the communication lines flowing. If it's a 'No' tell people, disappointment will resonate but people can then move on. Ignoring or keeping people in the dark creates animosity and when/if the time comes that they are ready to recruit, you are going to find that those potential employees will say 'no thanks' and you are back to square one and wasted even more time. If there isn't any information at the time send out blanket emails to those waiting (it really isn't difficult to do).

Whilst all of the active jobs appear to have been readvertised on LinkedIn, has anyone heard anything about the positions they were offered recently?
Old May 26th 2024, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NomadBrit
I feel exactly the same and it is where I am at now. Communication had been ok but now I am being ghosted and I'm not ok with that. Quite simply in any other operation you can't ignore an email and when you can't even receive a status update for a position that they headhunted you for it's time to put it to the back of your mind (but how many other potential amazing employees are they going to lose by this kind of behaviour!)

I think most of us on this forum understand that the process is long (and that is ok) but keep the communication lines flowing. If it's a 'No' tell people, disappointment will resonate but people can then move on. Ignoring or keeping people in the dark creates animosity and when/if the time comes that they are ready to recruit, you are going to find that those potential employees will say 'no thanks' and you are back to square one and wasted even more time. If there isn't any information at the time send out blanket emails to those waiting (it really isn't difficult to do).

Whilst all of the active jobs appear to have been readvertised on LinkedIn, has anyone heard anything about the positions they were offered recently?
To understand Saudi Arabia is to understand the process here; nobody is interested in you personally. As an expat you are an expensive and easily replaced resource. There is no time wasted on courtesy or making you feel better. Basic communication and timely decision making, as understood in the western world, are mostly absent in KSA. That is the rule rather than the exception. Now we are in an environment where cost is the main driver. Whatever skill or experience you have, someone out there can do it cheaper. That's all that matters. There is no interest in the best candidate for the job, nor for quality. It is a bums on seat numbers game, with the seats now being given to the cheapest bums.

Personally I would not waste my time applying for anything on any project here unless I have a point of contact on the inside that can push things forward for me. If you are on your own applying cold, then you have a snowballs chance in the desert. Good luck to those sticking it out and commiserations to those being ghosted. It's crap but that's how it is in KSA.
Old May 26th 2024, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point

I do feel like I am about 2yrs too late on the Neom band wagon. But I stay quietly optmistic, and if it lands it lands. But find myself looking at other options.
Old May 26th 2024, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clownshow
To understand Saudi Arabia is to understand the process here; nobody is interested in you personally. As an expat you are an expensive and easily replaced resource. There is no time wasted on courtesy or making you feel better. Basic communication and timely decision making, as understood in the western world, are mostly absent in KSA. That is the rule rather than the exception. Now we are in an environment where cost is the main driver. Whatever skill or experience you have, someone out there can do it cheaper. That's all that matters. There is no interest in the best candidate for the job, nor for quality. It is a bums on seat numbers game, with the seats now being given to the cheapest bums.

Personally I would not waste my time applying for anything on any project here unless I have a point of contact on the inside that can push things forward for me. If you are on your own applying cold, then you have a snowballs chance in the desert. Good luck to those sticking it out and commiserations to those being ghosted. It's crap but that's how it is in KSA.

Thanks for this. Fully aware of Saudia Arabia as worked there previously and the Middle East for over 10 years.

I guess maybe my expectations were/are too high. I thought that by being headhunted for an executive role, interviewed and position offered that it would have been a slightly improved process but here we are. HR managers have come and gone and the new one assigned hasn't replied to anything at all.

Also agree in good luck to those sticking this out and I am sure by the many above posts it'll be worth it 'if' you get there.

Old May 26th 2024, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
I do feel like I am about 2yrs too late on the Neom band wagon. But I stay quietly optmistic, and if it lands it lands. But find myself looking at other options.
Spot on. 2 years ago things were still on the up, slowing sure, but still on an upward trajectory and hiring was slow but moving. Now it's all but ground to a halt. Jobs are still advertised but are pulled as soon as they are advertised with nothing to advise candidates that the role has been defunded, put on hold etc. If you look at the recent news stories you can see the trend here in KSA (not just NEOM) that budgets are being squeezed on all the projects and it's a race to the bottom vis-a-vis cost. I'd keep looking and applying but would also be looking and applying elsewhere as Saudi is a low to no probability option for securing employment unless you have someone on the inside.
Old May 26th 2024, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
Obviously the budget has been tweaked and this is now the subject of lots of reviews happening internally. I think it was inevitable when they are offering ++++ to potential employee packages that changes would be made but I still believe they are recruiting and want the projects to happen and open and for that to work you need qualified staff. Hopefully this means that things will move along and people might start to hear things. I just think they might be shocked at how many are walking away before even setting foot in the door.
Old May 26th 2024, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NomadBrit
I thought that by being headhunted for an executive role, interviewed and position offered that it would have been a slightly improved process but here we are.
That was last week! This week we have a whole new set of priorities and they don't include whatever was said/discussed/agreed last week!

Fingers crossed you get some news soon.
Old May 26th 2024, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spot on. 2 years ago things were still on the up, slowing sure, but still on an upward trajectory and hiring was slow but moving. Now it's all but ground to a halt. Jobs are still advertised but are pulled as soon as they are advertised with nothing to advise candidates that the role has been defunded, put on hold etc. If you look at the recent news stories you can see the trend here in KSA (not just NEOM) that budgets are being squeezed on all the projects and it's a race to the bottom vis-a-vis cost. I'd keep looking and applying but would also be looking and applying elsewhere as Saudi is a low to no probability option for securing employment unless you have someone on the inside.
So do you believe the whole job advertising is cloak and daggers and not a true reflection of what is happening on the ground?

I have a few friends that have received 'rejection' emails for positions that they applied for directly with Neom so I do think they have something in process for this. They hadn't received any interviews or moved in the process (some of the jobs had been removed from the website whilst others are still advertised). It seems to me that those that are 'stuck' are those that were given offers and in the process chain ... this seems to have stalled.

Old May 26th 2024, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

That was last week! This week we have a whole new set of priorities and they don't include whatever was said/discussed/agreed last week!

Fingers crossed you get some news soon.
I'll erase it all from my memory and start the whole process again , great advice for managing expectations
Old May 26th 2024, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nen9889
So do you believe the whole job advertising is cloak and daggers and not a true reflection of what is happening on the ground?
There are still vacancies. Whether there is any budget now for the vacancies as advertised is another story entirely.

What I do know is that the optics on this are paramount and NEOM cannot publicly fail. Instead projects will be scaled down, put on hold, quietly mothballed, over a protracted period and that is what appears to now be happening (that's not me saying this but Reuters, Bloomberg, BBC etc) with budgets for staffing hit, hiring freezes, roles cancelled/withdrawn and a change in labour priority (western expats no longer favoured over local hire).

Old May 26th 2024, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

An update guys, i received my NEOM offer after 90 days, the status on the portal changed from " under offer" to "in offer".

So yes things are moving but at a relatively slower pace then expected. Keep holding the rails of patience !

Dont know about the next steps but i have to confirm them within 7 working days.
Old May 26th 2024, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

JasonMah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by kaygee78
Thanks, Dannja016,
I am also happy to see someone else has done the test and is now waiting like me (basically, clueless as to what is going to happen next). I have been waiting without knowing much about it. I even posted a separate question about this thing which no one answered (there are 260 odd 'views' to that question though!). But I think that is how it is with this organization/HR as they have to deal with tons of applications for each of the advertised position. Thanks for the wishes. I wish you all the best for the next processes and hiring. Please do update if they get back to you first. All the best.
kaygee78
Hi Kaygee,

any news with regards to your application? Did they more ahead or are you still waiting upon your assessment?

best,
JasonMah
Old May 26th 2024, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
An update guys, i received my NEOM offer after 90 days, the status on the portal changed from " under offer" to "in offer".

So yes things are moving but at a relatively slower pace then expected. Keep holding the rails of patience !

Dont know about the next steps but i have to confirm them within 7 working days.
That is great news Congratulations, thanks for updating the forum. Could you please let us know which sector or region is this (Tonomus, Line, Sindalah, Oxagon, ENOWA, Tourism)? That will help us understand that their budget has been released and started giving offers.
Old May 26th 2024, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05

Great news and congratulations! Very pleased to hear this for you.

This gives some reassurance that slowly but surely things are happening. Fingers crossed!
Old May 27th 2024, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtanytime
That is great news Congratulations, thanks for updating the forum. Could you please let us know which sector or region is this (Tonomus, Line, Sindalah, Oxagon, ENOWA, Tourism)? That will help us understand that their budget has been released and started giving offers.
Given the nature of the roles, its potentially generic across all projects hence i do not have any specifics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.