NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old May 21st 2024, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by JasonMah
Hi Neom Community,

I found this Forum to be very supporting and interesting. I have two quick questions. I have recently done my first interview with HR and then the second one with the Hiring Manager. I also did my Psychometric Assessment afterwards and then never heart from them despite following up with the HR. Anyone knows anything about the timeliness and have they improved ?

Why did i do the Psychometric Assessment after two consecutive interviews ? I heard it is done before you even get an interview.
My experience was similar – I completed the psychometric assessment after the interviews and discussions with the hiring manager and others. In fact, I did it after they expressed interest in offering me the role. This led me to believe that the psychometric assessment is simply one step in the overall process. If the hiring manager and team think you can do the advertised job, then the assessment might seem like a formality.

However, I've also heard of candidates who took the psychometric assessment even before their initial call. So, there are multiple scenarios – don't overthink it! My advice is to be patient. Many applicants are waiting for months to hear back, and they are in different stages of the process. Good luck!
Old May 21st 2024, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

JasonMah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtanytime
My experience was similar – I completed the psychometric assessment after the interviews and discussions with the hiring manager and others. In fact, I did it after they expressed interest in offering me the role. This led me to believe that the psychometric assessment is simply one step in the overall process. If the hiring manager and team think you can do the advertised job, then the assessment might seem like a formality.

However, I've also heard of candidates who took the psychometric assessment even before their initial call. So, there are multiple scenarios – don't overthink it! My advice is to be patient. Many applicants are waiting for months to hear back, and they are in different stages of the process. Good luck!
Thank you for letting me know! Appreciate your prompt response. How long did it take you after the assessment? And have you received a call or an email afterwards?

fingers crossed 🤞
Old May 21st 2024, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for letting me know! Appreciate your prompt response. How long did it take you after the assessment? And have you received a call or an email afterwards?

fingers crossed 🤞
It took about a month from my initial contact, and multiple interviews/discussions to receive an email offer. Since then, I've been waiting a couple of months for the official offer letter. This is just my experience, and the hiring process can vary significantly depending on the role, urgency, sector, and from situation to situation. This is not a benchmark, this is just my case.
Old May 22nd 2024, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm being optmistic, but there appears to be an uptick in advertising for roles by Neom. So that's encouraging.
Can anyone on the ground give any feedback if there are positive signs of optimism?
Old May 23rd 2024, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flyinghigh00
I heard back from NEOM and because of budget constraints, the role I was offered has been cut. Leadership will have to prioritise which roles they need filled and decide which will be cut. This is very much sector and role dependent so I hope the rest of you get more positive feedback.
One question: did you have your background check done ?
Old May 23rd 2024, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dannja016
Hi there, just so I understand. When people talk about "the portal", this is site that shows what you have applied for/profile etc (i was directed to it after Psychometric test) - or is there another one, i saw a mention of Kissflow somewhere? I have seen very little change over the past month (like many on here i'm guessing!). The job says "In Progress" will that change as the application moves forward and what are the stages should I expect to see here? I can see a very historic one on there that says "applied" (although I never heard anything back on that). Is this also the same place where you upload all your documents as well?...if i get that far..Thanks
In progress >> then it changes to "under offer"

Guess after that :
Then i believe once you receive a formal offer letter it changes to "in offer"

Yes this is the same portal where you will upload all your documents.
Old May 23rd 2024, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Dannja016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
In progress >> then it changes to "under offer"

Guess after that :
Then i believe once you receive a formal offer letter it changes to "in offer"

Yes this is the same portal where you will upload all your documents.
that's great info - thank you!

Any idea if there any changes between "in progress" and "under offer" ie "invited to interview" or something to that effect. And also any idea if there is an update if not being taken forward as well, or does it just sit as "in progress". My old one is very old, so difficult to tell. many thanks.
Old May 23rd 2024, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dannja016
that's great info - thank you!

Any idea if there any changes between "in progress" and "under offer" ie "invited to interview" or something to that effect. And also any idea if there is an update if not being taken forward as well, or does it just sit as "in progress". My old one is very old, so difficult to tell. many thanks.
Once all the interviews are cleared and they have decided to provide you with an offer then the status changes to "under offer". This status implies you have completed all interview / back ground checks / psychometric assessments etc. and now your offer is churning through the approval machinery within Neom for them to provide you with a formal (on paper / in writing) offer.
Old May 24th 2024, 12:13 am
Just Joined

zj215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you asked me at the start of the week I thought I had a break through, asked by onboarding agency to provide details, since then told no its not clear yet, still waiting on the confirmation. It's not just the delays its the total disrespect and inept processes. I'm not keeping my life on hold for neom any more there is no guarantee. Can you trust an email or verbal offer (I have both)? I don't know tbh, I wouldn't count on it. I never understood how a recruiter can make an offer without getting their budget in place in the first place.
Old May 24th 2024, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zj215
Well if you asked me at the start of the week I thought I had a break through, asked by onboarding agency to provide details, since then told no its not clear yet, still waiting on the confirmation. It's not just the delays its the total disrespect and inept processes. I'm not keeping my life on hold for neom any more there is no guarantee. Can you trust an email or verbal offer (I have both)? I don't know tbh, I wouldn't count on it. I never understood how a recruiter can make an offer without getting their budget in place in the first place.
Did you have a background check done ?

The offer process is simple i.e your current salary + x % = so what you get from the recruiter / onboarder is a number (at this pt. its got nothing to do with budget etc as its subject to an approval), this then goes in for approval and once that approval is in place. is when the formal offer gets generated.
Old May 24th 2024, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Did you have a background check done ?

The offer process is simple i.e your current salary + x % = so what you get from the recruiter / onboarder is a number (at this pt. its got nothing to do with budget etc as its subject to an approval), this then goes in for approval and once that approval is in place. is when the formal offer gets generated.
yea I agree the process should be simple but that's not what's happening, and this doesn't take away from the delays, miscommunication and changes, I do not wish to give too many details out here tbh, don't wish to declare myself! I never applied through the portal. The salary has been offered, I accepted. Then they went into this delay process, then they change the suppliers they are using. Now I am not sure what could possibly be the delay. They hire then say its going in for approval, my point is I'd never hire if I hadn't got approval first otherwise it takes too long and I'd lose the person I'm hiring. Well I think they've lost me, not wishing to sound arrogant, I can only ignore so many offers. I know this is the ME but, this is the most advanced country in the ME I've worked in but the worst for this basic.
Old May 24th 2024, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zj215
yea I agree the process should be simple but that's not what's happening, and this doesn't take away from the delays, miscommunication and changes, I do not wish to give too many details out here tbh, don't wish to declare myself! I never applied through the portal. The salary has been offered, I accepted. Then they went into this delay process, then they change the suppliers they are using. Now I am not sure what could possibly be the delay. They hire then say its going in for approval, my point is I'd never hire if I hadn't got approval first otherwise it takes too long and I'd lose the person I'm hiring. Well I think they've lost me, not wishing to sound arrogant, I can only ignore so many offers. I know this is the ME but, this is the most advanced country in the ME I've worked in but the worst for this basic.
I have to say, they have a thing about making applicants wait in the dark. I feel the word patience doesn’t really apply here. The process is simply unreliable. However, such a job you apply for an just let it ride. If you got a breakthrough then you are “blessed” then you are blessed.

Old May 24th 2024, 1:39 am
Just Joined

I have to say, they have a thing about making applicants wait in the dark. I feel the word patience doesn’t really apply here. The process is simply unreliable. However, such a job you apply for an just let it ride. If you got a breakthrough then you are “blessed” then you are blessed.
I agree, I don't mind waiting if the comms is clear and expectations are understood. It does then reflect on the operation overall if the comms and process are as it is. Its a start up and 'we' can sort start ups, but if you can't get it you can't help them, anyway, I am just putting it in the back back burner, pursing something else. Too long to wait with too little reasonable information. I don't feel I'm a newbie to this game either.
Old May 24th 2024, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

All i can say is that "The chaos is inherent all across" , imagine if hiring is so chaotic and void of information - theres a whole lot of operational processes that are even more chaotic.
One has to have the stamina to live thru this chaos.. hiring is the foot in the door but doing the day job is to live thru the chaos day in and day out....
Old May 26th 2024, 2:50 am
Just Joined

All i can say is that "The chaos is inherent all across" , imagine if hiring is so chaotic and void of information - theres a whole lot of operational processes that are even more chaotic.
One has to have the stamina to live thru this chaos.. hiring is the foot in the door but doing the day job is to live thru the chaos day in and day out....
Quick question, if you don’t get picked for the position, do they ever come back and let you know that you have not been chosen? Or would they leave you hanging in there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.