NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old May 14th 2024, 1:58 pm
  #376  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 22
AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

^^^
Thanks!
AusEngineer is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 5:57 pm
  #377  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm considering sitting down at reformatting my CV because it's obvious that they are using algorithmic reviews of CVs to cut through the numbers, and whenever I upload my CV and it tries to auto-populate my career section it's all over the place (which is a challenge for me as a project consultant who has held four jobs in the last 20yrs, but worked for a dozen different clients and projects).

Also I'm not a huge fan of coporate speak, but I think I need to add those key words, as you say "achievement" is some how different to "job description".

While the HR teams are on a slow down, I'll use this time to make hay.
Hi.
While reformatting is always good and may help populate the form, content is still king. The algorithm will search CVs that have experience most closely aligned to the JD. It will then sort those based on the personal characteristics the hiring manager says they're looking for in a candidate (multitasker, single focus, ability to work in a team, ability to work across disciplines, etc). How the algo does that, I'm not certain...


Hope that helps.
BMH77 is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 6:12 pm
  #378  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 22
AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

It's definitely a unique challenge because in Australia/NZ the industry is so small that either everyone already knows you, or everyone knows the jobs that you have worked on. Having to pitch myself to a green audience is something I haven't done in 20 years!
AusEngineer is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 7:31 pm
  #379  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
It's definitely a unique challenge because in Australia/NZ the industry is so small that either everyone already knows you, or everyone knows the jobs that you have worked on. Having to pitch myself to a green audience is something I haven't done in 20 years!

Good luck!
BMH77 is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 8:12 pm
  #380  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 11
jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by fs05
Seems like the entire Offer approval machinery has come to a grinding halt . Just on the top of my head there are atleast 15-20 of us expecting a formal offer from Neom. And some of us waiting over 8 weeks now.
Is this official information that you received from Neom HR? Because I got to know that the budget has been approved and the offers should be kicked off again in the coming days, mine is one week old information.
jtanytime is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 9:56 pm
  #381  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 10
kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm considering sitting down at reformatting my CV because it's obvious that they are using algorithmic reviews of CVs to cut through the numbers, and whenever I upload my CV and it tries to auto-populate my career section it's all over the place (which is a challenge for me as a project consultant who has held four jobs in the last 20yrs, but worked for a dozen different clients and projects).

Also I'm not a huge fan of coporate speak, but I think I need to add those key words, as you say "achievement" is some how different to "job description".

While the HR teams are on a slow down, I'll use this time to make hay.

You are welcome. And, good luck with the CV update.
kaygee78 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 1:54 am
  #382  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 59
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by jtanytime
Is this official information that you received from Neom HR? Because I got to know that the budget has been approved and the offers should be kicked off again in the coming days, mine is one week old information.
Not official, but just making a conclusion based on what others have shared on this forum and some info from my recruiter, everyone is awaiting for the freeze to be lifted (now has it been lifted or not officially , i am not sure if anyone really knows). But if you have heard then thats good so hopefully the offers should be popping into our mailboxes soon !! fingers crossed.
fs05 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 4:25 am
  #383  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 7
hannibulk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by fs05
Not official, but just making a conclusion based on what others have shared on this forum and some info from my recruiter, everyone is awaiting for the freeze to be lifted (now has it been lifted or not officially , i am not sure if anyone really knows). But if you have heard then thats good so hopefully the offers should be popping into our mailboxes soon !! fingers crossed.
I had been waiting for my written offer since receiving a verbal offer in January 2024, and finally received it on April 28. The onboarding process is now underway and I will be joining NEOM in July. Therefore, I think other poster's suggestion that they have restarted onboarding (likely in order) but at a slow pace is probably a good bet. Good luck!
hannibulk is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 4:26 am
  #384  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 59
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by hannibulk
I had been waiting for my written offer since receiving a verbal offer in January 2024, and finally received it on April 28. The onboarding process is now underway and I will be joining NEOM in July. Therefore, I think other poster's suggestion that they have restarted onboarding (likely in order) but at a slow pace is probably a good bet. Good luck!
Thanks ! thats positive news..... .
fs05 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 5:15 pm
  #385  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 11
jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by hannibulk
I had been waiting for my written offer since receiving a verbal offer in January 2024, and finally received it on April 28. The onboarding process is now underway and I will be joining NEOM in July. Therefore, I think other poster's suggestion that they have restarted onboarding (likely in order) but at a slow pace is probably a good bet. Good luck!
This is good news, thank you for sharing, and good luck with everything, I hope all the people who received verbal offers will receive the offer letter in the next coming weeks.

Last edited by jtanytime; May 15th 2024 at 5:17 pm.
jtanytime is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 6:00 pm
  #386  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 3
Ashiq9786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

I had two round of interviews, they went really well but i didn't hear anything from them after that its been 10 days now. How long did it take in your case to get any response of selection after interviews?
Ashiq9786 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 7:20 pm
  #387  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 10
kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Ashiq9786
I had two round of interviews, they went really well but i didn't hear anything from them after that its been 10 days now. How long did it take in your case to get any response of selection after interviews?
Hi, Ashiq9786,
Can you comment on whether or not the NEOM HR asked you to complete a psychometric test prior to the interview? If yes, how did it go on average (they say there is no pass or fail in the test as it is just a personality assessment of some sort). How long did you have to wait until they got back to you post-test (if you were asked to complete that in the first place)? Just curious as I did it like 10 days ago and after that there has been a complete silence on their part (my test did not go that bad either--at least thats what I'd like to think!). Please do respond to help me understand the process. Also, all the best re your interview and further processes and I hope you will get an offer.
Best,
kaygee78
kaygee78 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 7:52 pm
  #388  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Dannja016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by kaygee78
Hi, Ashiq9786,
Can you comment on whether or not the NEOM HR asked you to complete a psychometric test prior to the interview? If yes, how did it go on average (they say there is no pass or fail in the test as it is just a personality assessment of some sort). How long did you have to wait until they got back to you post-test (if you were asked to complete that in the first place)? Just curious as I did it like 10 days ago and after that there has been a complete silence on their part (my test did not go that bad either--at least thats what I'd like to think!). Please do respond to help me understand the process. Also, all the best re your interview and further processes and I hope you will get an offer.
Best,
kaygee78
I sat mine just over 2 weeks ago and nothing so far. Good to know someone else is in similar boat. Best of luck.
Dannja016 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 8:21 pm
  #389  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 3
Ashiq9786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by kaygee78
Hi, Ashiq9786,
Can you comment on whether or not the NEOM HR asked you to complete a psychometric test prior to the interview? If yes, how did it go on average (they say there is no pass or fail in the test as it is just a personality assessment of some sort). How long did you have to wait until they got back to you post-test (if you were asked to complete that in the first place)? Just curious as I did it like 10 days ago and after that there has been a complete silence on their part (my test did not go that bad either--at least thats what I'd like to think!). Please do respond to help me understand the process. Also, all the best re your interview and further processes and I hope you will get an offer.
Best,
kaygee78
No they did not asked me for psychometric assessment, rather it was 2 rounds of interview with a gap of 1 week, both were of 30 mins. First one was general and second one was more technical and specific to the role. after that i didnt hear any thing its been 10 days. I think not for all positions they do psych assessments
Ashiq9786 is offline  
Old May 15th 2024, 8:44 pm
  #390  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 10
kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Dannja016
I sat mine just over 2 weeks ago and nothing so far. Good to know someone else is in similar boat. Best of luck.
Thanks, Dannja016,
I am also happy to see someone else has done the test and is now waiting like me (basically, clueless as to what is going to happen next). I have been waiting without knowing much about it. I even posted a separate question about this thing which no one answered (there are 260 odd 'views' to that question though!). But I think that is how it is with this organization/HR as they have to deal with tons of applications for each of the advertised position. Thanks for the wishes. I wish you all the best for the next processes and hiring. Please do update if they get back to you first. All the best.
kaygee78
kaygee78 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.