NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old Feb 22nd 2024, 12:18 am
  #361  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by ManKZ
Hi everyone! In the October I was approached for a position in Trojena project at Bechtel company. I have passed interview, medical check-up, police clearness, university degree certification and finally got KSA working visa in the end of December. The job offer signed in December too. Since then I'm not call to mobilize to the project from recruiter side. As they informed my file is pending for customer approval. Do you know how long it takes to get this approval?
That's weird. because you need to come to KSA within 3 months since visa issue date. So there may be chance that you need to go through all paper works again should they make decision that you can only join 3 months after.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 1:41 am
  #362  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 89
HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iyadov
This is really helpful. Thank you. I understand then there could be a potential career growth. Do you know when the fiscal year start at NEOM? Is there a recommended date that I need to start by in order to get the full package and avoid proration?
The fiscal year starts on 1st January. Historically the eligibility criteria has been the joining date is prior to 1st October. Eligible bonus will be pro rata from your joining date.
HelpfulExpat is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 7:15 pm
  #363  
Just Joined
 
OneBrightStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 25
OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by ManKZ
Hi everyone! In the October I was approached for a position in Trojena project at Bechtel company. I have passed interview, medical check-up, police clearness, university degree certification and finally got KSA working visa in the end of December. The job offer signed in December too. Since then I'm not call to mobilize to the project from recruiter side. As they informed my file is pending for customer approval. Do you know how long it takes to get this approval?
Is it possible to get the degree certified without the actual Contract? I was told that the Contract will only be released once approval comes from the client. Thanks
OneBrightStar is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 2:03 am
  #364  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 2
ManKZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by OneBrightStar
Is it possible to get the degree certified without the actual Contract? I was told that the Contract will only be released once approval comes from the client. Thanks
Yes, you can certified the degree without the actual contract however the contract required for visa. That was strange to me as well, why contract issued w/o approval.
ManKZ is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 3:47 pm
  #365  
Just Joined
 
OneBrightStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 25
OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by ManKZ
Yes, you can certified the degree without the actual contract however the contract required for visa. That was strange to me as well, why contract issued w/o approval.
How do you do that? It states to get a letter from the Employer attested by the Chamber of Commerce.

OneBrightStar is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2024, 8:05 am
  #366  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Naybr1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Total salary package is made up of:

Basic salary
Housing allowance
Transportation allowance
Mobile allowance
Does anyone know if Neom Client is still paying Housing, Transport and Mobile. HR did not answer the question for some reason.
Naybr1981 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2024, 2:36 am
  #367  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 282
DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Neom provides housing transport and mobile as part of your monthly payment. They also actually provide you with actual accommodation and transport to and from your work as well.
The only bill you actually have to take out of the bank is your monthly mobile phone bill
So in theory - - if you only ever left the country 1 time a year and cut your own hair, the mobile bill would be your only expense
DeepSix is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2024, 5:16 am
  #368  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Naybr1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Thanks DeepSix, are the allowances part of the basic salary uplift or on top of it. I.E. is it Existing Salary +25% + allowances?
Naybr1981 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2024, 12:40 am
  #369  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 282
DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

No - your uplift final package includes transport and accommodation and mobile allowance
DeepSix is offline  
Old May 8th 2024, 5:03 am
  #370  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 10
kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Hello there,
does anyone know at what stage does the NEOM hrm asks you to attempt the psychometric assessment? Does the 'score' in the assessment become a determining factor in the candidate's inclusion or exclusion from further recruitment process? What is the procedure and next stages after you do your assessment?
Thank you in advance.
kaygee78 is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 3:41 am
  #371  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 59
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Seems like the entire Offer approval machinery has come to a grinding halt . Just on the top of my head there are atleast 15-20 of us expecting a formal offer from Neom. And some of us waiting over 8 weeks now.
fs05 is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 10:25 am
  #372  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 22
AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by kaygee78
Not really gold, I must say. But I have lately been feeling that the cv needs proper revision (most of my career has been in development sector) as I have been using the same, boring kind of phrases without paying much attention (I restructured it like a decade ago and apart from updates in the experience section, did not bother to do anything else). So, recently decided to restructure it. Put a Professional Summary, Core Competencies and other segments. Then also divided the cv into other segments indicating skills (IT, Publications, other achievements etc.). Worked on language as well (basically, changed from mere job descriptions to achievements etc.). Also, tried to highlight the aspects (by tweaking the language a bit) according to the keywords found in the job description of the position I applied for.
I must also admit that it could be pure luck that i got a response immediately after that. But I would like to think that the 'effort' I put in to revise the cv has also paid off. The reason, I have applied for similar positions before the revision but did not get any response. So, it is logical of me to think this effort also had a part in it.
By the way, I have not received any response after the assessment that I have referred to in the last comment. But I kinda hope I will hear from them (it has only been 3 days so far) since the 'assessment' didn't go that bad at all.
Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm considering sitting down at reformatting my CV because it's obvious that they are using algorithmic reviews of CVs to cut through the numbers, and whenever I upload my CV and it tries to auto-populate my career section it's all over the place (which is a challenge for me as a project consultant who has held four jobs in the last 20yrs, but worked for a dozen different clients and projects).

Also I'm not a huge fan of coporate speak, but I think I need to add those key words, as you say "achievement" is some how different to "job description".

While the HR teams are on a slow down, I'll use this time to make hay.
AusEngineer is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 10:33 am
  #373  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,162
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm considering sitting down at reformatting my CV because it's obvious that they are using algorithmic reviews of CVs to cut through the numbers, and whenever I upload my CV and it tries to auto-populate my career section it's all over the place (which is a challenge for me as a project consultant who has held four jobs in the last 20yrs, but worked for a dozen different clients and projects).

Also I'm not a huge fan of coporate speak, but I think I need to add those key words, as you say "achievement" is some how different to "job description".

While the HR teams are on a slow down, I'll use this time to make hay.
Just checking, but I assume you're on Linked In? So do make sure you do the same to your profile (and have it open to work in the ME) - my husband works for one of the big consultancies with teams working on NEOM, and they headhunt on LinkedIn.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 11:29 am
  #374  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2024
Posts: 22
AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, but I assume you're on Linked In? So do make sure you do the same to your profile (and have it open to work in the ME) - my husband works for one of the big consultancies with teams working on NEOM, and they headhunt on LinkedIn.
I hate LinkedIn with a passion... but I may bregudginly update it. I've resisted until now because my current boss is also on there, and I don't want to alert him at this stage. I'll have to look into how do I make sure the changes don't get published.
AusEngineer is offline  
Old May 14th 2024, 1:36 pm
  #375  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,162
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
I hate LinkedIn with a passion... but I may bregudginly update it. I've resisted until now because my current boss is also on there, and I don't want to alert him at this stage. I'll have to look into how do I make sure the changes don't get published.
That’s how the vast majority on here have been recruited though, so I think it’s best option if you do want a job there. You can set your profile as job hunting but have that status so that only recruiters can see it, and you can set your job hunting locations too so make sure yours is set to the ME.

Good luck.
christmasoompa is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.