NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old Feb 2nd 2024, 6:56 am
  #346  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
Bvbv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by OilTrader
I take it you are progressing to the visa stage now? How long were you under offer before they provided you an offer or how long from your interview? Which sector are you going to be working in? A few people here seem to have been waiting for the next stage for quite a few months, just wondering if the headcount issues are starting to be sorted.
Not yet - written offer to come through . Reckon there might be an option to negotiate post the review of the offer letter ? Thank you
Bvbv is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2024, 6:57 am
  #347  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
Bvbv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by VikingGringo
If you have a written offer, you should see your job grade in the offer.
OFfer letter is yet to come so thanks will look into it
Bvbv is offline  
Old Feb 3rd 2024, 9:44 pm
  #348  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

What is your job title? lead/manager/etc.? then you will know your grade before seeing the offer letter.

I am not sure if it is the right decision to move there not for a great difference. I think should think about the career aspect. Whether it is a great job opportunity (suppose that the pays are the same) and where do we see ourselves in 2-3 years. What do we really want in life? Those are the questions that have burned me out during the couple of months and it is really a tough choice for me.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 3rd 2024, 10:07 pm
  #349  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
Bvbv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
What is your job title? lead/manager/etc.? then you will know your grade before seeing the offer letter.

I am not sure if it is the right decision to move there not for a great difference. I think should think about the career aspect. Whether it is a great job opportunity (suppose that the pays are the same) and where do we see ourselves in 2-3 years. What do we really want in life? Those are the questions that have burned me out during the couple of months and it is really a tough choice for me.
Manager is what they are offering....

I am thinking the same ... As the difference is not much.

However the tipping point is the savings ....as almost every thing is free - so it's 30 percent to the bottom-line. And maybe allows for an earlier retirement corpus...

But I don't think there are too many career opportunities after a neom stint.
Bvbv is offline  
Old Feb 4th 2024, 2:32 am
  #350  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 22
Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Bvbv
Manager is what they are offering....

I am thinking the same ... As the difference is not much.

However the tipping point is the savings ....as almost every thing is free - so it's 30 percent to the bottom-line. And maybe allows for an earlier retirement corpus...

But I don't think there are too many career opportunities after a neom stint.
From the information you've provided this doesn't look like a good offer for a manager role - you should be getting a significant increase on your current salary. It's a particularly unattractive offer if you feel a stint at NEOM will damage your career prospects.
Ossie_82 is offline  
Old Feb 4th 2024, 9:08 pm
  #351  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 87
HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Bvbv
Hello ?

Did you finally join and I am in a similar situation where I have received an offer of 40 k per month marginally lower than what i am at now. Now sure which band or grade I fall into though ? Can you help what might be the best thing to do ... I am also with a big 4 so on the lower side of market rates I suppose.
It seems abnormal to receive an offer lower tnan current salary. There's a 'war for talent' and it seems odd that a lower offer is made. Did you raise it with the recruiter?
HelpfulExpat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2024, 2:02 am
  #352  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
Bvbv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
It seems abnormal to receive an offer lower tnan current salary. There's a 'war for talent' and it seems odd that a lower offer is made. Did you raise it with the recruiter?
I did - they said that since I hadn't been at my new firm too long they considered my previous and have me a 18 percent hike on that... However it's marginally lower than my current.... They said they would send me a written offer ... Can we negotiate after that ?
Bvbv is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:20 am
  #353  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 3
Iyadov is an unknown quantity at this point
Question re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Hello,
I am considering an offer that I received last week, Grade 6, and I will be expected to move from US to NEOM with my family in the coming few months. The engagement will be for 3 years. Does anyone know about the potential career growth at NEOM, and whether the proposed full compensation in my offer letter will be locked in for the full engagement period (3 years)? Has anyone been promoted from Grade 6 to 7, and what would be the expected annual increase, if any? they keep telling me that the performance will be reviewed on annual basis to make sure that all are fairly compensated. However, I have been told by friends who worked with Saudi companies that once I accept the offer and sign the contract, then my compensation will be locked in for the full term, which would be in my case 3 years, and that the annual review is just a normal practice that does not usually lead to an increase.
Iyadov is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:39 am
  #354  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 13
Iamexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iyadov
Hello,
I am considering an offer that I received last week, Grade 6, and I will be expected to move from US to NEOM with my family in the coming few months. The engagement will be for 3 years. Does anyone know about the potential career growth at NEOM, and whether the proposed full compensation in my offer letter will be locked in for the full engagement period (3 years)? Has anyone been promoted from Grade 6 to 7, and what would be the expected annual increase, if any? they keep telling me that the performance will be reviewed on annual basis to make sure that all are fairly compensated. However, I have been told by friends who worked with Saudi companies that once I accept the offer and sign the contract, then my compensation will be locked in for the full term, which would be in my case 3 years, and that the annual review is just a normal practice that does not usually lead to an increase.
Will your compensation be locked for the full term? No.
How much it will increase by is not fixed either. There are annual pay increases not tied to grade promotions, assume 1-5%. Maybe others can chime in on this point.

Grades 6 and 7 are the "Manager" level. Each grade has its own compensation range. For example only and not accurate numbers: grade 6 range is 40k-55k SAR, and grade 7 is 55k-70k SAR. Going from 6 to 7 will not come from a promotion but from annual salary increments.

Performance and performance grading (1-5) are dependent on your individual contribution, and will impact your annual bonus. For example only and not accurate numbers, you're graded a 3/5 (meets expectations), you'll receive a payment of 20% x Annual Base Salary.

I hope this helps.
Iamexpat is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:54 am
  #355  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 13
Iamexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iyadov
Hello,
I am considering an offer that I received last week, Grade 6, and I will be expected to move from US to NEOM with my family in the coming few months. The engagement will be for 3 years. Does anyone know about the potential career growth at NEOM, and whether the proposed full compensation in my offer letter will be locked in for the full engagement period (3 years)? Has anyone been promoted from Grade 6 to 7, and what would be the expected annual increase, if any? they keep telling me that the performance will be reviewed on annual basis to make sure that all are fairly compensated. However, I have been told by friends who worked with Saudi companies that once I accept the offer and sign the contract, then my compensation will be locked in for the full term, which would be in my case 3 years, and that the annual review is just a normal practice that does not usually lead to an increase.
You mentioned you're moving with your family. I hope the recruiter explained that you'll be staying in a studio cabin initially or was able to guarantee you a 1 bedroom cabin on landing. You might want to check that point. Many are advised not to bring their families immediately.

All new joiners (not assigned to Oxagon or Trojena) are housed in NC2 studio cabins. Even Vice Presidents (position higher than Director). Directors and above are assigned one bedrooms in NC2 after they have landed, some wait a few days, some a few weeks.
Iamexpat is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 3:27 am
  #356  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 3
Iyadov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iamexpat
Will your compensation be locked for the full term? No.
How much it will increase by is not fixed either. There are annual pay increases not tied to grade promotions, assume 1-5%. Maybe others can chime in on this point.

Grades 6 and 7 are the "Manager" level. Each grade has its own compensation range. For example only and not accurate numbers: grade 6 range is 40k-55k SAR, and grade 7 is 55k-70k SAR. Going from 6 to 7 will not come from a promotion but from annual salary increments.

Performance and performance grading (1-5) are dependent on your individual contribution, and will impact your annual bonus. For example only and not accurate numbers, you're graded a 3/5 (meets expectations), you'll receive a payment of 20% x Annual Base Salary.

I hope this helps.
This is really helpful. Thank you. I understand then there could be a potential career growth. Do you know when the fiscal year start at NEOM? Is there a recommended date that I need to start by in order to get the full package and avoid proration?
Iyadov is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 5:30 am
  #357  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 3
Iyadov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iamexpat
You mentioned you're moving with your family. I hope the recruiter explained that you'll be staying in a studio cabin initially or was able to guarantee you a 1 bedroom cabin on landing. You might want to check that point. Many are advised not to bring their families immediately.

All new joiners (not assigned to Oxagon or Trojena) are housed in NC2 studio cabins. Even Vice Presidents (position higher than Director). Directors and above are assigned one bedrooms in NC2 after they have landed, some wait a few days, some a few weeks.
The plan is to keep my family in Jaddah and see them during the weekends until I am assigned the family cabin in NC1. Hope it won't take long.
Iyadov is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 6:07 am
  #358  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 7
Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Bvbv
OFfer letter is yet to come so thanks will look into it
Hi Bvbv,

Can you let me know if you were able to negotiate further? Or it was your final offer from their side?

Thanks.
Dobleww is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 6:14 am
  #359  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Iyadov
This is really helpful. Thank you. I understand then there could be a potential career growth. Do you know when the fiscal year start at NEOM? Is there a recommended date that I need to start by in order to get the full package and avoid proration?
Any day that you are off during your probation will have to be compensated by another day I heard. Meaning that if leaves, holidays happen during your first 3 month probation, they will extend the probation to make sure that the probation time is 3 full working months.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 5:52 pm
  #360  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 2
ManKZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Hi everyone! In the October I was approached for a position in Trojena project at Bechtel company. I have passed interview, medical check-up, police clearness, university degree certification and finally got KSA working visa in the end of December. The job offer signed in December too. Since then I'm not call to mobilize to the project from recruiter side. As they informed my file is pending for customer approval. Do you know how long it takes to get this approval?
ManKZ is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.