NEOM JOB DETAILS

Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:05 pm
  #271  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 51
expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by wethenorth
Hi,
I am based in Canada and I am currently interviewing for a financial analyst position at Neom ( i think it is grade 6). I am currently underpaid (Canadian salaries aren't that great anyway) and 30% increase will not be enough for us to relocate. However, I am also in the final stage of interview with a company in US (let us call it "company X", for which I expect the salary to be much better, Can I use the offer letter from "company X" to negotiate 30% increase at Neom?

Also any finance people, if they could help me with interview questions.

thanks
Unfortunately their salary offer is pretty much non negotiable. They require your last 3 pay checks. Highly unlikely that they'll accept a counter offer by means of a basis to apply the uplift to. Sorry mate.
expatalex is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:15 pm
  #272  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 5
wethenorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by expatalex
Unfortunately their salary offer is pretty much non negotiable. They require your last 3 pay checks. Highly unlikely that they'll accept a counter offer by means of a basis to apply the uplift to. Sorry mate.
What if amount after 30% uplift is well below industry standards? I am sure they must have a minimum salary bracket for a specific grade? No?
wethenorth is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:17 pm
  #273  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by wethenorth
What if amount after 30% uplift is well below industry standards? I am sure they must have a minimum salary bracket for a specific grade? No?
If after the uplift, the figure is below the job grade, they'll likely either downgrade the job grade (but still expect you do the work of the original), or simply pull the offer. It's pretty black and white out here with little to no room for negotiation, I'm afraid.
Diplo is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:31 pm
  #274  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 5
wethenorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Thank you for the prompt replies. Highly appreciate it. Last question; 30% uplift is applied to gross salary or net salary (salary after tax)?
wethenorth is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:32 pm
  #275  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Gross
Diplo is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:12 pm
  #276  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 51
expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by Diplo
If after the uplift, the figure is below the job grade, they'll likely either downgrade the job grade (but still expect you do the work of the original), or simply pull the offer. It's pretty black and white out here with little to no room for negotiation, I'm afraid.
Agreed, but I think I saw on previous posts over the years they try and normalise the salaries within teams therefore annual review raises may be a bit disportional to allow for salaries to catch-up.
expatalex is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:31 pm
  #277  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Don’t do that. It’s fraud.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 22nd 2023 at 11:12 pm. Reason: Post quoted deleted
Diplo is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:55 pm
  #278  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 5
wethenorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Absolutely. They will revoke the offer and may even prosecute you. your current employer also may come to know of it, leaving you jobless at both the places.
wethenorth is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:58 pm
  #279  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 89
HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by wethenorth
Hi,
I am based in Canada and I am currently interviewing for a financial analyst position at Neom ( i think it is grade 6). I am currently underpaid (Canadian salaries aren't that great anyway) and 30% increase will not be enough for us to relocate. However, I am also in the final stage of interview with a company in US (let us call it "company X", for which I expect the salary to be much better, Can I use the offer letter from "company X" to negotiate 30% increase at Neom?

Also any finance people, if they could help me with interview questions.

thanks
I think best to be honest with the recruiter and explain your situation. The general process is based on fixed uplift but there are always exceptions (C-level, US candidates etc).

Don't proceed if the company can't match your expectations for exchanged value. Apply again in a couple of years time once you have higher salary.
HelpfulExpat is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 10:41 am
  #280  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 6
basb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
I think best to be honest with the recruiter and explain your situation. The general process is based on fixed uplift but there are always exceptions (C-level, US candidates etc).

Don't proceed if the company can't match your expectations for exchanged value. Apply again in a couple of years time once you have higher salary.
Hi, what are the exemptions for US candidates?
basb is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 11:48 am
  #281  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 2
Jinx21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Helle everyone,

I am having an interview soon.
I am researching on the company, just want to make sure I understand their projects properly.
Interview will be with the director of "Gulf of Aqaba" (GOA).
From what I understand the only project declared to public so far is "Trojena" that is near GOA". Do we have other projects in GOA area? I saw something like "The Cube" or some hotels being built in that area,
Also, what are typical questions by HR?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks
Jinx21 is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2023, 10:00 am
  #282  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Posts: 5
wethenorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Hello Neom-ies,

quick question: about the pay uplift. I am told by my recruiter that I should expect 25% uplift (30% is unlikely).
My package is Annual salary + 10% bonus + phone reimbursement

will Neom just consider my annual salary? not the bonus as part of my remuneration?

thanks
wethenorth is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2023, 8:02 pm
  #283  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 51
expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Originally Posted by wethenorth
Hello Neom-ies,

quick question: about the pay uplift. I am told by my recruiter that I should expect 25% uplift (30% is unlikely).
My package is Annual salary + 10% bonus + phone reimbursement

will Neom just consider my annual salary? not the bonus as part of my remuneration?

thanks
just the salary as they look at your contractual renumeration to determine the uplift. Bonuses are discretionary and do not tie into the offer.
expatalex is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2023, 12:25 am
  #284  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 5
Haninuo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

Hi guys,
I'm new here and I would like to thank you for all information , this is really helpful.
I have read about the hiring process and I know that it takes long time sometimes to get a feedback , sorry for repeating this question.
I did Two interviews with Neom , the first one was with the direct manager (45 min) and I think it went very well , then one week later I did the second interview with the section director (short around 15-20 min). and since then (11th of Sep) I did not get any feedback.
How long does it take in average to get a feedback ? do you recommend to send them a follow up Email ? I'm connected in LinkedIn with the director/HR , do you think is a good idea o contact them there ? or should I wait for few days ?

Haninuo is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2023, 4:28 am
  #285  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 282
DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default re: NEOM JOB DETAILS

I got my feedback via email the next day saying i had been successful - - it just took months to make an offer
Maybe you're going to get the feedback and offer in one go 🤷‍♂️ (although they will want pay slips from you so that can work out how much to give you as an uplift )
DeepSix is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.