Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jan 28th 2022, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

1.Has anyone managed to negotiate a relocation allowance as part of their package. I have been following the same lady on Instagram for sometime( some fab content for us potential joiners).

Everyone gets 75000 relocation package as far as I am aware.

4. If I was working in a corporate desk job, where would the office be located. Is I near NC1 or NC2. I am guaging how far from work Nc1 is va NC2.

I think its around 45 mins between NC1 and NC2

5. How are people tending to get to work, do they get picked up and dropped off.

There is buses going all day long between the 2 camps i think

6. I am not afraid of hard work but what type of hours are people putting in both through the week. What about weekends?

Havent heard of anyone working weekends, but you probably do get people doing it because they want to. Certainly for the recruiters and onboarders I never got a response over the weekend.

8. what type of % increase did folk get on their previous bases from their previous jobs. I know this is a very wide question but has anyone double their salary or is it mainly 30-60% increases.

I got 30% increase I believe

Old Jan 28th 2022, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Alex23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some topics are really coming to my surprise, such as the commute time. Inline my perspective below.

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
1.Has anyone managed to negotiate a relocation allowance as part of their package. I have been following the same lady on Instagram for sometime( some fab content for us potential joiners).

Everyone gets 75000 relocation package as far as I am aware.
Same as I heard

4. If I was working in a corporate desk job, where would the office be located. Is I near NC1 or NC2. I am guaging how far from work Nc1 is va NC2.

I think its around 45 mins between NC1 and NC2
The onboarder told me 25 minutes, I addressed this question since the Google Maps distance estimation was 45 as well. This really comes to my surprise, 1.5 hours extra per day just for the sake of commuting with a bus in the mountainous desert . . .

5. How are people tending to get to work, do they get picked up and dropped off.

There is buses going all day long between the 2 camps i think

6. I am not afraid of hard work but what type of hours are people putting in both through the week. What about weekends?

Havent heard of anyone working weekends, but you probably do get people doing it because they want to. Certainly for the recruiters and onboarders I never got a response over the weekend.
Not yet there to know.

8. what type of % increase did folk get on their previous bases from their previous jobs. I know this is a very wide question but has anyone double their salary or is it mainly 30-60% increases.

I got 30% increase I believe
I got 26%, the standard is 25% from your previous salary. Tried to negotiate, no flexibility.

Additionally, I have been told 1BR in NC2. are there any 1BRs there or they will justify that their understanding is One Bed in a room ?

Thanks !
Old Jan 28th 2022, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alex23
Some topics are really coming to my surprise, such as the commute time. Inline my perspective below.

I got 26%, the standard is 25% from your previous salary. Tried to negotiate, no flexibility.

Additionally, I have been told 1BR in NC2. are there any 1BRs there or they will justify that their understanding is One Bed in a room ?

Thanks !
Yeah I was very lucky to get 30% and it wasnt HR team who secured it.

As far as i know its 1 bed in a room. Thats it.

If you go to NEOM community 2 on google maps, and click on photos there is a few pictures of the camps and inside the rooms!
Old Jan 28th 2022, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mm23
Saff_Parker and others, how do you find the flights out of Neom Bay? Is it easy to get seats, given that there are 1000+ people and just one flight?

Also what’s your experience been going away on weekends? Do you guys go to Tabuk or just take the Neom flight?

Are there plans to increase number of flights out of Neom? I heard somewhere that they are planning a weekly Dubai service….
Sorry cannot answer the question about Neom Bay flights. Haven't taken a flight from there myself yet.
Weekend going away - I haven't really left the camp much on weekends. Only once to go to Aqaba. I haven't gone to Tabuk except for the airport.
There is meant to be a direct Dubai flight sometime now. Can't remember if from Tabuk airport or from Neom Bay.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Any idea what furniture is actually in the units?
Is anyone planning on bringing anything (other than clothes) with them?

I am also just going through the onboarding process now, and looking at an approximate start date at NEOM of early March.
Do not bring furniture. Everything is fully furnished already.
We brought clothes only and toiletries/other supplies that we knew we'd be hard-pressed to find out here.
If you have a particular brand of whatever that you absolutely need, then stock up on that.
EG - we brought many many bottles of children's sunscreen for our kids.
You can get internet deliveries for most things but you do have to pay $$$,.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Do not bring furniture. Everything is fully furnished already.
We brought clothes only and toiletries/other supplies that we knew we'd be hard-pressed to find out here.
If you have a particular brand of whatever that you absolutely need, then stock up on that.
EG - we brought many many bottles of children's sunscreen for our kids.
You can get internet deliveries for most things but you do have to pay $$$,.
​​​​​
So no need to bring any electrical things ie computer monitor or speakers or the like for a home office set up? Is the TV connected to any cable service? Or this something we need to organise ourselves when we arrive?

Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scott78
hi! I have kids age 7 and 4, and I’m a bit concerned about the school, are they following a European school system? Is it American? What do you guys do with the kids after school? Is there any activities for them?

Cheers,
They follow the IB system which, I'll be honest, I have no familiarity with as I was educated in British schools/unis.
For a 4 year old, I am not aware of any after school activities but if both parents are working, the latest you can pick up your 4 year old is 5.45pm. Earliest is 2.30pm.
As for the 7 year old, I'm sorry I'm not completely sure what's available for after school hours.
I am a stay at home spouse and collect my children at 2.30pm. They play outside with the other children mainly.
There are tennis courts and a pool here. Some other parents take their kids for football, tennis or swimming lessons.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laguna_1

2. I have seen both one and two beds at NC1 but only seen the studio in NC2 (wonder what the 1 bed is like)

3. What is the gents gym like in NC1 and NC2. I hear there are separate gyms for guys and girls, I’ve only seen the ladies gym on Instagram which looks impressive.

7. remote working - are people considering basing themselves out of dubai and or jeddah/riyadh. With the accommodation fiasco, for families it may make sense to Do this. Lots of schooling options in dubai but with no flights to neom yet, could make that difficult.

9. anyone regret moving out there.

I have just joined and in the process of securing a job with neom. Hoping for the best.
We were given a relocation allowance. You pay out of your pocket first and then they reimburse you. That was our situation anyway.

At NC1 there is a mixed gym and a ladies gym. I use both. Both are good but the mixed one is better because it's larger, more spaced out, more equipment. It's a very good gym with a spinning studio. Good weight area. Lots of machines. Cardio machines.

NC1 has most of the offices. NC2 has some offices, I think mainly for procurement but could also house other departments. If you live in NC1 and also work in NC1, your commute from home to office could be anything from 10 minutes to 30 seconds. If you live at NC1 and work at NC2, or the other way around, the drive between the two camps is approx. 35-45 mins.

Have been here 4 months now. We do not regret moving and so far, are happy with our choice.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
We were given a relocation allowance. You pay out of your pocket first and then they reimburse you. That was our situation anyway.

At NC1 there is a mixed gym and a ladies gym. I use both. Both are good but the mixed one is better because it's larger, more spaced out, more equipment. It's a very good gym with a spinning studio. Good weight area. Lots of machines. Cardio machines.

NC1 has most of the offices. NC2 has some offices, I think mainly for procurement but could also house other departments. If you live in NC1 and also work in NC1, your commute from home to office could be anything from 10 minutes to 30 seconds.

Have been here 4 months now. We do not regret moving and so far, are happy with our choice.

Thanks for all this info. It's greatly appreciated!
Regarding the relocation allowance, are yiu onky reimbursed what you've spent in the moving process or do you get the whole 75k?
Again, it's not entirely clear so far.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Thanks for all this info. It's greatly appreciated!
Regarding the relocation allowance, are yiu onky reimbursed what you've spent in the moving process or do you get the whole 75k?
Again, it's not entirely clear so far.
You get the entire 75k as a lump sum when you arrive at NEOM.

NEOM also pay for the visa, the medical, the flight out so there isnt much out of pocket up front.
Old Jan 30th 2022, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mm23
What do you guys think about the security situation in KSA following the Houthi bombing of UAE? Does this affect Neom in anyway?
I live close to the Yemeni border. The nearby town is occasionally hit, last time was around Christmas with three casualties. Sometimes we spot things in the sky, and night time flights sometimes get grounded. There's a pretty comprehensive defensive system set up as far as I know. Colleagues who have been here for years have not reported much, but met a guy who lives in Dammam who had heard a blast. Can't imagine NEOM will experience much of it, it's very far away.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was approached by an agency last month. Sent my CV and within 24hrs got an interview offer for a Procurement position.
In their email they said "£3,500 travel allowance and full relocation costs paid by the client."

1 - Would I get that £3,500 + SAR 75,000 mentioned above no matter what?
2 - Location wise: (Tabuk area) and living onsite at the NEOM complex (nearest city, Tabuk, is approx. 3 hours’ drive away) - is this the closest Airport still?
3 -
By the way, how are the interviews? Are they stiff like Swiss/Germans or open to some small talk/laidback?

Last edited by Taurus85; Feb 3rd 2022 at 7:19 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Was approached by an agency last month. Sent my CV and within 24hrs got an interview offer for a Procurement position.
In their email they said "£3,500 travel allowance and full relocation costs paid by the client."

1 - Would I get that £3,500 + SAR 75,000 mentioned above no matter what?
2 - Location wise: (Tabuk area) and living onsite at the NEOM complex (nearest city, Tabuk, is approx. 3 hours’ drive away) - is this the closest Airport still?
3 -
By the way, how are the interviews? Are they stiff like Swiss/Germans or open to some small talk/laidback?

The travel allowance is separate to the relocation costs, so yes.

There is an airport at NEOM Bay, with flights to jeddah and riyadh, and future flights direct to the UK and other European citiesatwe this year I believe.

Interviews are tough, but plenty of time for small talk as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Ewings999 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the general working hours/patterns like?
Considering a move but would leave the family in the uk as settled have heard of companies doing 6 days and week working but with an 8 week on 2 weeks off pattern? Which would work really well.

is there much to do at the weekends?
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Once one enters on a work visa (single entry - 90 days), how long does it take them to issue an IQAMA? Are you stuck there and unable to leave until you get it?

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Feb 4th 2022 at 12:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.