Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Oct 5th 2022, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Hi, The only nursery I know of is in NC1, It is part of the main school. I am not 100% sure so please don't take this as official - but from my conversations as your child would be in the school then you would go straight into NC1 (There may be some delay due to lack of units but having kids in the school jumps you up the list.)
There are families with young children in NC2 but not many, I assume they stay there for a little while until an NC1 unit is free (but this happens all the time so I wouldn't expect you would have to stay there long.) also there are some offices in NC2 so some people with kids who are not in school may choose to stay there instead.
What is the admission age for a nursery? Any other admission requirements?
Old Oct 5th 2022, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

NewToNeom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Can you share what exchange rate they used to convert your salary from sterling pounds?
they used the exchange rate as of the day of the first call I had with HR. I currently earn in euros and she gave me the rate as of that day (3.75). So, I’m sorry I don’t have a GBP rate to share with you 😞
Old Oct 6th 2022, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Miksikiun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
Hello everyone.

I am wondering how the process is coming from the USA. I had a phone call, and from the phone call it sounded promising and that they will offer me the job.

I was told that HR will send me an email to go through the next steps.

How long will that take?

how long is the process for a visa? The manager said they will try to rush the process since it is an urgent hire.

How is it working there? It sounded like not a lot of people don’t want to move there because they were excited and happy when I told them I want to move there.

thanks for any feedback and if there is any WhatsApp group for Neom please let me know.

Hello,

Im also in the USA heading to NEOM soon, Inshallah.

Here is my timeline if that helps:May 14 - Applied On LinkedIn directly to NEOM job posting

May 22 - received email from NEOM Recruiter asking to schedule a call to discuss job

May 23 - Interview with Director. Received Verbal Offer during Interview.

May 24 - Received Formal Congratulations Email from NEOM.

May 24 - received Link to NEOM Portal requesting I submit documents (Passport, Paystubs, etc.).

July 6 - NEOM employment offer Received

July 6 - received link to commence background check, establish a KissFlow Account and Employee Journey App account.

July 27 - background completed.

July 31 - NEOM requests I provide a start date and submit my resignation.

Aug 6 - Call with onboarding. Per their instructions Degree Attestation needs to start asap. No Contract provided. Cannot start Degree Attestation … TBC.

Sep 11 - Employment Contract Received.

Sep 25 - Degree Attestation received from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (USA).
Oct 5 - Pending Power of Attorney and Invitation Letter in order to get the visa.

Seems NEOM onboarding and HR are pretty swamped… will keep waiting. I have some Aramco colleagues working there already and they mentioned 6-9 months from start to finish with onboarding so I was already mentally prepared. PATIENCE
Old Oct 6th 2022, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

wanderingexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Has anyone done their attestation themselves directly via UKSACB? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

Old Oct 6th 2022, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miksikiun
Hello,

Im also in the USA heading to NEOM soon, Inshallah.

Here is my timeline if that helps:May 14 - Applied On LinkedIn directly to NEOM job posting

May 22 - received email from NEOM Recruiter asking to schedule a call to discuss job

May 23 - Interview with Director. Received Verbal Offer during Interview.

May 24 - Received Formal Congratulations Email from NEOM.

May 24 - received Link to NEOM Portal requesting I submit documents (Passport, Paystubs, etc.).

July 6 - NEOM employment offer Received

July 6 - received link to commence background check, establish a KissFlow Account and Employee Journey App account.

July 27 - background completed.

July 31 - NEOM requests I provide a start date and submit my resignation.

Aug 6 - Call with onboarding. Per their instructions Degree Attestation needs to start asap. No Contract provided. Cannot start Degree Attestation … TBC.

Sep 11 - Employment Contract Received.

Sep 25 - Degree Attestation received from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (USA).
Oct 5 - Pending Power of Attorney and Invitation Letter in order to get the visa.

Seems NEOM onboarding and HR are pretty swamped… will keep waiting. I have some Aramco colleagues working there already and they mentioned 6-9 months from start to finish with onboarding so I was already mentally prepared. PATIENCE
Thank you so much for your response.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

wanderingexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE Bonus

Been offered a role in Neom. I have been told bonus is between 20-30%. Has anyone working in Neom actually received a bonus and if so was it below the 20/30% bracket? Also what month of the year us the bonus paid.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

KSAlopez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
I am not sure someone asked the question, so I am throwing it now and hope it can help in the decision-making.
It makes sense to question a move to sandland with an average salary in EU +20-30% increase, even if it is tax free with food/accommodation covered.
But apart from annual bonus, does anyone know how pay increase works there? After how many months or years in Neom can we get an increase?
And what could be the % raise?
I guess conditions to get it another topic but would be nice to know how favorable an increase is down there. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSAlopez
Hey guys,
I am not sure someone asked the question, so I am throwing it now and hope it can help in the decision-making.
It makes sense to question a move to sandland with an average salary in EU +20-30% increase, even if it is tax free with food/accommodation covered.
But apart from annual bonus, does anyone know how pay increase works there? After how many months or years in Neom can we get an increase?
And what could be the % raise?
I guess conditions to get it another topic but would be nice to know how favorable an increase is down there. Thanks in advance.
All I can answer is what they said in my induction training as I haven't been here that long yet. But what they said is there is an Annual Pay Rise which you can get, it isn't a set percentage and will be decided each year and given to staff who score 3 or higher in their performance reviews. On top of that there are two promotion evaluations each year (March and September) and you are eligible to be considered for a pay increase after you have been here a year (So I will hopefully know more about how that works next September.)
Old Oct 7th 2022, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Is it normal to have NEOM directly reach out to me and have our interview and accept a verbal offer from the manager and then assign a 3rd party recruiter to handle the rest of the process? Does that mean NEOM doesn't have internal recruiters or is it that it is faster if a 3rd party does it?
Old Oct 7th 2022, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone share some details about the bonus schema for neom? Is that a percentage of the annual salary? When is it paid?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Can anyone share some details about the bonus schema for neom? Is that a percentage of the annual salary? When is it paid?
HI. I haven't started yet, but my Neom recruiter shared this info with me:
The bonus amounts can change year to year. In 2021 you had to be a full time employee and received a performance rating of 2, 3, 4, or 5.
In 2021, the payouts were as follows:
2- Up to 10%
3- 30%
4- 40%
5- 50%

Again, these percentages can change year to year based on company/sector performance, etc.

Hope that helps.

Old Oct 9th 2022, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE Bonus

Originally Posted by wanderingexpat
Been offered a role in Neom. I have been told bonus is between 20-30%. Has anyone working in Neom actually received a bonus and if so was it below the 20/30% bracket? Also what month of the year us the bonus paid.
Hi. Just answered the same question in post #1047.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BMH77
HI. I haven't started yet, but my Neom recruiter shared this info with me:
The bonus amounts can change year to year. In 2021 you had to be a full time employee and received a performance rating of 2, 3, 4, or 5.
In 2021, the payouts were as follows:
2- Up to 10%
3- 30%
4- 40%
5- 50%

Again, these percentages can change year to year based on company/sector performance, etc.

Hope that helps.
These percentage meaning of your total salary. For example if someone got a 3 they get 30% of their salary as a bonus?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
These percentage meaning of your total salary. For example if someone got a 3 they get 30% of their salary as a bonus?
My understanding is that it is a percentage of basic salary. However, as I said, I haven't been there yet and am basing this off of the explanation from my recruiter.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much BMH77
This helps much. Just for additional clarification if you already know the answer.
- Is that a % of your annual salary? I hope it is not just your monthly one.
- Are they paid annually or quarterly (like advances based on your quarterly performance)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.