Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jan 20th 2022, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by mahesh123
What do you guys think about the security situation in KSA following the Houthi bombing of UAE? Does this affect Neom in anyway?
Nah. I saw two drones intercepted and blown up above our compound when we were in Riyadh last year, it's calmed down since then.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you guys think about the security situation in KSA following the Houthi bombing of UAE? Does this affect Neom in anyway?
NEOM is about as far away from the Yemeni border as you can get in KSA!
Old Jan 23rd 2022, 11:48 am
Just Joined

mm23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I just received an email from the school advising that they cannot confirm seats for my daughters for Y22/23 yet, in response to my email following up on status. We have been told that we will be contacted in February regarding enrolment.

Can anyone please tell me if you have had similar experience? With visa processes underway and an expected start in April, I am nervous if there may not be a spot in the school...I remember a while ago in November, someone told me that the school is at capacity.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, any updates on this? Sorry, I'm not helpful here...
Old Jan 24th 2022, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott78
Hey, any updates on this? Sorry, I'm not helpful here...
Update on what?
Old Jan 24th 2022, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I just received an email from the school advising that they cannot confirm seats for my daughters for Y22/23 yet, in response to my email following up on status. We have been told that we will be contacted in February regarding enrolment.

Can anyone please tell me if you have had similar experience? With visa processes underway and an expected start in April, I am nervous if there may not be a spot in the school...I remember a while ago in November, someone told me that the school is at capacity.

Updates regarding this topic
Old Jan 24th 2022, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott78
Updates regarding this topic
Yes, this is all correct.

Enrolments open in February, and yes the school is currently at capacity, but expanding for the next school year commencing end of august.

You need to get in touch with the school to let them know you're wanting to be a part of the enrolment.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I have been told that the school will get in touch with us around 15th February to discuss enrollement. Not entirely sure what that means though.

Old Jan 24th 2022, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I have been told that the school will get in touch with us around 15th February to discuss enrollement. Not entirely sure what that means though.
Yep - I've heard the same.

"School expansion is under approvals process right now, decision will be ready by enrollment time in February"
Old Jan 26th 2022, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Explore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I’ve been reading up all the posts relating to NEOM in this forum since I’ve been contacted for a job opportunity with NEOM. Firstly, like to say thanks to all posters for the discussion and information, it is grateful helpful.
The information provided by the recruiter appears to align with what I have read here too which is somewhat assuring.
My situation however may be slightly different to the majority of people here. This is the first time I’m considering a job overseas, in a remote location and my child is currently in grade 10. Suitable school option is my first factor in this consideration process. I’ve gathered that the Neom school is unlikely to suit her due to newly established classes and senior years are currently unavailable atm. She will be in grade 11 by the time relocation happens (hopefully around Oct) if we go ahead. I understands some expats base their family either in Jeddah/Riyadh or even Dubai for better school option and lifestyle. If we go ahead with this route, my hubby will be base their with our daughter.

Would love to hear anyone with teenage kids and what school options you have taken for your kid/s? I’d be looking for a school that offers the IB program.

Also, I’d love to follow your Instagram account to see the regular updates, if permitted please kindly let me know your IG name.

E
Old Jan 26th 2022, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Wollongong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, many thanks to all who provided valued information. I have the following queries which I hope if anyone could provide some insights:
1. Understand the cabins are categorised as A, B, C, etc - where I understand A is for senior executives, B for sector heads. and the most common ones are "C".... How do they assigned C ? Do a "Senior Manager" or "Manager" qualify for C cabins ? Is there any available cabins currently in NC1 ? Are they allocated via first come first serve, or do they prioritize allocation according the seniority of role.
2. Besides A, B, C, are there other types - D , E cabins ? Are C, and others sized according to seniority ?
3. How big is C cabin ? Appreciate if one could share the layout for cabins, dimensions ?
4. Is the employment contract typically given for an initial period of 1 year, or they also give longer contract tenure say 2 -3 years ?

Thanks in advance !
Old Jan 26th 2022, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Grounded7 is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s insightful. I wasn’t even aware of accommodation being allocated based on hierarchy. I thought there was a direct Neom employee category and contractor category.

For direct Neom staff, based on my understanding, there’s:
-single room (temp for singles in NC2)
-1 bed units (for families with non-school going kids in NC2/temp for families before being relocated to NC1)
-2 bed units (for families with more than 2 kids enrolled in the school)

How do these A-C cats align with these? Sometimes I feel like streamlining the HR process for Neom free of cost. How difficult could it possibly be to share standard information proactively on their website/onboarding page! Think of the hours they/we could all save, and do something more productive with our lives…frustrating!!

Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Yep, we all share that pain. Unfortunately it all seems like a "make up as you go" system, with minimal coordination. In saying that my onboarding guy seems to be slightly better than what others have experienced here...
Old Jan 26th 2022, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Grounded7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mm23
Yep, we all share that pain. Unfortunately it all seems like a "make up as you go" system, with minimal coordination. In saying that my onboarding guy seems to be slightly better than what others have experienced here...
Haha, I think I might’ve hit rock bottom with mine or maybe it’s a trailer for what’s to follow…!
Old Jan 28th 2022, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

1.Has anyone managed to negotiate a relocation allowance as part of their package. I have been following the same lady on Instagram for sometime( some fab content for us potential joiners).

2. I have seen both one and two beds at NC1 but only seen the studio in NC2 (wonder what the 1 bed is like)

3. What is the gents gym like in NC1 and NC2. I hear there are separate gyms for guys and girls, I’ve only seen the ladies gym on Instagram which looks impressive.

4. If I was working in a corporate desk job, where would the office be located. Is I near NC1 or NC2. I am guaging how far from work Nc1 is va NC2.

5. How are people tending to get to work, do they get picked up and dropped off.

6. I am not afraid of hard work but what type of hours are people putting in both through the week. What about weekends?

7. remote working - are people considering basing themselves out of dubai and or jeddah/riyadh. With the accommodation fiasco, for families it may make sense to Do this. Lots of schooling options in dubai but with no flights to neom yet, could make that difficult.

8. what type of % increase did folk get on their previous bases from their previous jobs. I know this is a very wide question but has anyone double their salary or is it mainly 30-60% increases.

9. anyone regret moving out there.

I have just joined and in the process of securing a job with neom. Hoping for the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.