Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 29th 2022, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Fudge88
We were also told that we would get NC1 1bedroom accommodation, as the kids are registered with the school. Are you saying they will stick us a family of 4 in a nc2 studio on arrival after all the promises??
I know very few newly hires with families that got 1br upon arrival. Again, there were only a handful lucky one.

If you can, I suggest that you come here alone few months before your children are due to start school. In this way, you can follow-up accommodations yourself and make sure that you get 1br upon their arrival. 2br are almost impossible upon arrival as some families who are already here have been waiting for almost a year now.

Good luck! As everyone has said. Patience and flexibility are the key. Things are moving, albeit slowly.
Old Sep 29th 2022, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

For Neom, has anyone been reach out to from a manager at Neom. I resume was passed around and was told they needed one urgent and to be able to join before the end of the 2022.

I was told the next step is to hear back from HR. What I’m I supposed to get from HR?

has anyone had anything similar ?
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 6:25 am
Just Joined

CanadianAtNEOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
I know very few newly hires with families that got 1br upon arrival. Again, there were only a handful lucky one.

If you can, I suggest that you come here alone few months before your children are due to start school. In this way, you can follow-up accommodations yourself and make sure that you get 1br upon their arrival. 2br are almost impossible upon arrival as some families who are already here have been waiting for almost a year now.

Good luck! As everyone has said. Patience and flexibility are the key. Things are moving, albeit slowly.
To those who are moving, what does your KISSFLOW say in terns of accommodation?
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Fudge88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
From experience, there is no such thing as a ‘promise’. Accommodation timing is a function of how quickly they can build the units and the science behind how they work their way through the already exhaustive waiting list.
There are people who have been on the waiting list for both 1 and 2 bedroom units at NC1 for over 6 months.

You were told by who that you would get NC1 accommodation? Invariably this statement is true, as eventually you will. But in that same conversation, was a date advised, or some sort of timeframe?
Thanks for your reply.
On kissflow it shows we have be allocated a 1 bedroom. Was this the case for you as well, and then things were changed about when you got there?
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.
On kissflow it shows we have be allocated a 1 bedroom. Was this the case for you as well, and then things were changed about when you got there?
My KissFlow said 2 Bed Unit as that is what I requested and filled out on my form - I am currently in a room in NC2. Have also been advised that I will be very lucky to get a 2 bed and if I do it will be a long time (Thinking more 2024 than X months away)

People here seem to be moving into 1 bed units in NC1 in between 8 and 12 weeks but it depends on who is coming/leaving etc...
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 11:11 am
Just Joined

CanadianAtNEOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
My KissFlow said 2 Bed Unit as that is what I requested and filled out on my form - I am currently in a room in NC2. Have also been advised that I will be very lucky to get a 2 bed and if I do it will be a long time (Thinking more 2024 than X months away)

People here seem to be moving into 1 bed units in NC1 in between 8 and 12 weeks but it depends on who is coming/leaving etc...

Are you with family?
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 11:31 am
Just Joined

What a complete nightmare! So they have time to build a school, then realise oops too small, and build a whole new school within the year, but still struggling to accommodate families. Puts a bitter taste to the whole process.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CanadianAtNEOM
Are you with family?
I will be as soon as I get a family unit. It is a bit of a Catch 22 - I keep getting told I will get a family unit (Although only a 1 bedroom so not sure what is family about it!) once my daughter starts school, I point out that she is registered with the school but can't start until there is somewhere for her to live.

Few days later I chase up and have the same conversation. but there are many here in the same situation. Annoyingly the school keep chasing me to confirm when my daughter will start at the school to which I have to tell them I have no idea.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

What a complete nightmare! So they have time to build a school, then realise oops too small, and build a whole new school within the year, but still struggling to accommodate families. Puts a bitter taste to the whole process.
Everything here is in a state of flux at all times, More units are built which means more people can come so then they need bigger facilities, but the site keeps getting bigger. There is a new dining hall which is many times bigger than the old one - but even that is pretty busy so at some point they will need to build more to meet demand (Either another even bigger hall or additional smaller ones.) I think they could easily double the size of NC1 and still wouldn't soak up all the demand but they would flood all of the other facilities. The camp is growing in the same way as many small hamlets become villages, then towns, then cities - but instead of growing over hundreds of years it is growing over hundreds of days. They say that a month here is the same as 3 months elsewhere and that is even more true for the building.

I am pretty downhearted about the issue with my accommodation (being promised a 2 bed and then having it taken away after I was committed) but I am not under any illusion that I could manage better, obviously with hindsight I can point out what has gone wrong - but can't we all.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Once I start how long will it take to bring my family? We are okay with staying in a one bedroom unit since they are all young.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have both a Bachelors and Masters in the same subject. Anyone know if I need to get both degrees attested or just the one?
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JCH2695
Hi all,

I have both a Bachelors and Masters in the same subject. Anyone know if I need to get both degrees attested or just the one?

did they have HR reach out to you? They would need both I believe
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
did they have HR reach out to you? They would need both I believe
not yet…requirement for my role is Bachelors only. So wondering if it’s easier just to have my Bachelors attested to speed things up.

what was your experience?
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Everything here is in a state of flux at all times, More units are built which means more people can come so then they need bigger facilities, but the site keeps getting bigger. There is a new dining hall which is many times bigger than the old one - but even that is pretty busy so at some point they will need to build more to meet demand (Either another even bigger hall or additional smaller ones.) I think they could easily double the size of NC1 and still wouldn't soak up all the demand but they would flood all of the other facilities. The camp is growing in the same way as many small hamlets become villages, then towns, then cities - but instead of growing over hundreds of years it is growing over hundreds of days. They say that a month here is the same as 3 months elsewhere and that is even more true for the building.

I am pretty downhearted about the issue with my accommodation (being promised a 2 bed and then having it taken away after I was committed) but I am not under any illusion that I could manage better, obviously with hindsight I can point out what has gone wrong - but can't we all.
Hoping things are sorted for you all asap. Can definitely imagine how disheartening it is without the family, 🤞they atleast move with you to a 1 bed atleast soon!
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCH2695
Hi all,

You only need one done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.