Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 27th 2022, 5:53 am
Just Joined

n_aAUH2neom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by RS1429
Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with relocating to Neom with small kids in the past few weeks.
My son has been offered a confirmed place at the Neom community school starting in January 2023. We have been told that as long as he has a place in school we will get accomodation in NC1 (1 bed initially whilst we await a 2 bed). Can anyone confirm this?
Same here. But I don't think there has been any official "confirmation" that a 1bed would even be available. A 2-bed is not even mentioned in writing when we have tried to get any sort of commitment or even an estimate of availability timeline.
I have DM'd you.
Old Sep 27th 2022, 8:23 am
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Newbie to the forum here and in the onboarding process. Would any have any experience wrt driving/importing own vehicle over to Neom from the UAE? I am well aware of the general requirements regarding age of vehicle, red tape etc, however cannot find any info on rules wrt driving oneself (rather than transporting the car), as we then can hopefully fill it up with our personal items!
Old Sep 27th 2022, 9:08 am
Just Joined

gg4u is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone working with quarter or 6 months roles that can point me to right direction and hr offers ?
Im looking for options, I have been working in digital innovation but also had worked in field operations (including night-shifts) for e-mobility company in Dubai.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:04 am
Just Joined

CanadianAtNEOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by n_aAUH2neom
Same here. But I don't think there has been any official "confirmation" that a 1bed would even be available. A 2-bed is not even mentioned in writing when we have tried to get any sort of commitment or even an estimate of availability timeline.
I have DM'd you.
im also in the same boat
family moving with me. kids are registered
will i get a 1br in NC1 or 2br

does anyone know the people in accommodation? can our sector head do anything?
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadianAtNEOM
im also in the same boat
family moving with me. kids are registered
will i get a 1br in NC1 or 2br

does anyone know the people in accommodation? can our sector head do anything?
You will be be based somewhere other than NC1 on arrival. As all new hires do.

Family is moving with you on 'day 1'? Kids registered for what? NEOM Com School? Commencing when?

There are no guarantees of when the 1 bed units will be available, and there is a long (LONG) wait list for the 2 beds.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Fudge88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
You will be be based somewhere other than NC1 on arrival. As all new hires do.

Family is moving with you on 'day 1'? Kids registered for what? NEOM Com School? Commencing when?

There are no guarantees of when the 1 bed units will be available, and there is a long (LONG) wait list for the 2 beds.
We were also told that we would get NC1 1bedroom accommodation, as the kids are registered with the school. Are you saying they will stick us a family of 4 in a nc2 studio on arrival after all the promises??
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudge88
We were also told that we would get NC1 1bedroom accommodation, as the kids are registered with the school. Are you saying they will stick us a family of 4 in a nc2 studio on arrival after all the promises??
From experience, there is no such thing as a ‘promise’. Accommodation timing is a function of how quickly they can build the units and the science behind how they work their way through the already exhaustive waiting list.
There are people who have been on the waiting list for both 1 and 2 bedroom units at NC1 for over 6 months.

You were told by who that you would get NC1 accommodation? Invariably this statement is true, as eventually you will. But in that same conversation, was a date advised, or some sort of timeframe?

Last edited by Pkingston; Sep 28th 2022 at 8:56 am.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 9:33 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desertsands
Hi all,
Newbie to the forum here and in the onboarding process. Would any have any experience wrt driving/importing own vehicle over to Neom from the UAE? I am well aware of the general requirements regarding age of vehicle, red tape etc, however cannot find any info on rules wrt driving oneself (rather than transporting the car), as we then can hopefully fill it up with our personal items!
Very bad idea. Vehicle is liable to be stuck at the border for a long time. It's not like just visiting.

I've known it to take weeks, so definitely do not think you can just pack up and drive through.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Very bad idea. Vehicle is liable to be stuck at the border for a long time. It's not like just visiting.

I've known it to take weeks, so definitely do not think you can just pack up and drive through.
Hmm, thanks. I did think it might be too optimistic an idea! Better to send as freight I suspect.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I recently received a verbal offer from NEOM. I have a few questions if people don’t mind helping out with a few responses (P.S. appreciate some q’s have been covered below, but it’s good to have the latest and most up to date info):

1. I have been asked to complete an application for the role via a link. Anyone know how long it takes for this link to be issued and if any certain docs are required for the application?

2. current timeframes for offer letters to be released?

3. when have people handed in their notice? What is the most ‘sensible’ point within the process to hand in your notice ?!

thanks !!!
Old Sep 28th 2022, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JCH2695
Hi all,

I recently received a verbal offer from NEOM. I have a few questions if people don’t mind helping out with a few responses (P.S. appreciate some q’s have been covered below, but it’s good to have the latest and most up to date info):

1. I have been asked to complete an application for the role via a link. Anyone know how long it takes for this link to be issued and if any certain docs are required for the application?

2. current timeframes for offer letters to be released?

3. when have people handed in their notice? What is the most ‘sensible’ point within the process to hand in your notice ?!

thanks !!!
My experience:
1. Received the application link 10 weeks after final interview and verbal confirmation that they would proceed to offer. This was with hard pushing by my agent. They will ask for a copy of your degree and passport etc.
2. The offer letter came 4 weeks after the link, again that with constant chasing by the agent. It is now almost 4 months since the last interview and they have just asked me to resign and confirm start date. So a 6 month saga in all (10 months since my CV was first submitted to them).
3. I resigned as soon as I received the offer letter, thinking that it would good to have a break between jobs but then started worrying it might have been premature after reading some of the posts on this forum. They actually advise not to resign until the background check has been completed.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

My experience:
1. Received the application link 10 weeks after final interview and verbal confirmation that they would proceed to offer. This was with hard pushing by my agent. They will ask for a copy of your degree and passport etc.
2. The offer letter came 4 weeks after the link, again that with constant chasing by the agent. It is now almost 4 months since the last interview and they have just asked me to resign and confirm start date. So a 6 month saga in all (10 months since my CV was first submitted to them).
3. I resigned as soon as I received the offer letter, thinking that it would good to have a break between jobs but then started worrying it might have been premature after reading some of the posts on this forum. They actually advise not to resign until the background check has been completed.
ok wow that’s crazy. Good luck! Guess I’m in for a long ride …
Old Sep 28th 2022, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

My experience:
btw, what department were you recruited for ?
Old Sep 28th 2022, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.

I am wondering how the process is coming from the USA. I had a phone call, and from the phone call it sounded promising and that they will offer me the job.

I was told that HR will send me an email to go through the next steps.

How long will that take?

how long is the process for a visa? The manager said they will try to rush the process since it is an urgent hire.

How is it working there? It sounded like not a lot of people don’t want to move there because they were excited and happy when I told them I want to move there.

thanks for any feedback and if there is any WhatsApp group for Neom please let me know.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

CrazyJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience:
I have now read about a lot of stories involving delays, but does anybody know of situations where prospective employees were shafted after a verbal offer was made but the formal offer then never actually came through?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.