Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jan 15th 2022, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

mm23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Saff_Parker and others, how do you find the flights out of Neom Bay? Is it easy to get seats, given that there are 1000+ people and just one flight?

Also what’s your experience been going away on weekends? Do you guys go to Tabuk or just take the Neom flight?

Are there plans to increase number of flights out of Neom? I heard somewhere that they are planning a weekly Dubai service….
Old Jan 15th 2022, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mahesh123
Saff_Parker and others, how do you find the flights out of Neom Bay? Is it easy to get seats, given that there are 1000+ people and just one flight?

Also what’s your experience been going away on weekends? Do you guys go to Tabuk or just take the Neom flight?

Are there plans to increase number of flights out of Neom? I heard somewhere that they are planning a weekly Dubai service….
My hiring manager told me they are planning a flight to London from Neom too
Old Jan 16th 2022, 3:28 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
My hiring manager told me they are planning a flight to London from Neom too
They're also planning flying robots
Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Alex23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all,

I accepted the offer, resigned and only 3 more weeks at the current job. Degree attestation still ongoing with no clear result. The communication with the onboarding agent is slow taking days for a feedback.
Since my family will not be joining initially, how can I reach Aqaba to meet them once in a while(they’ll fly to Aq. from Europe). I do not have a driving licence this might be a hassle, what are the options?
Is Neom airport running international flights? Is so, where?
Any ferry running to Sharm el Sheikh ?
Old Jan 17th 2022, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Lumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex23
Good morning all,

I accepted the offer, resigned and only 3 more weeks at the current job. Degree attestation still ongoing with no clear result. The communication with the onboarding agent is slow taking days for a feedback.
Since my family will not be joining initially, how can I reach Aqaba to meet them once in a while(they’ll fly to Aq. from Europe). I do not have a driving licence this might be a hassle, what are the options?
Is Neom airport running international flights? Is so, where?
Any ferry running to Sharm el Sheikh ?
I have been following this thread as a potential Job opportunity maybe coming up, but I cant believe you have resigned from your job without having the onboarding sorted and uncertainty on the logistics of living away.. You must be brave and have a forgiving wife.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

You can get a car from camp that will take you straight through the border point to Aqaba. Plenty of people going each weekend. At the moment, though, the closest border point is closed until February, so you have to take a longer route. Loads of people have been flying in and out over Christmas on the easyJet flights and it’s been fine.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea what furniture is actually in the units?
Is anyone planning on bringing anything (other than clothes) with them?

I am also just going through the onboarding process now, and looking at an approximate start date at NEOM of early March.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Where is EasyJet flying to out of interest? Was this just a seasonal arrangement to get people out of NEOM for the holidays in December, or is this ongoing?

Good to hear about the potential for flights out of NUM direct to London!
Old Jan 18th 2022, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Geneva, Manchester and Gatwick at least. Don't think it's a NEOM thing, but it's a decent option.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Geneva, Manchester and Gatwick at least. Don't think it's a NEOM thing, but it's a decent option.

Yes for sure - That's great to have that option to get out of there every so often!
Old Jan 18th 2022, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Question: how do they verify your salary? I’m still considering and I don’t want them calling my current employer in case I decide not to accept it, but they told me they have to run background checks and salary check before the final offer.

Thanks,
Old Jan 18th 2022, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott78
Hi guys,

Question: how do they verify your salary? I’m still considering and I don’t want them calling my current employer in case I decide not to accept it, but they told me they have to run background checks and salary check before the final offer.

Thanks,
You need to send them your payment slips for at least the last 3 months. Also, might help sending them your current employment agreement/contract that states annual salary so it makes life easier for them....

They really struggled to figure mine out (my payslips were fortnightly, and this nearly caused HR an aneurysm trying to figure out the annual amount!?). It really wasn't that difficult to do though haha...

They will never call your current employer to verify anything. Dont worry about that! It states it clearly on the background check forms that no communication will be made to current employers.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
I could be mistaken but I think you've added me on Instagram because you saw my username on another Neom account. Happy to answer your school questions on there.
In summary, the school opened in Sept 2021 so of course has teething problems like any start up. Some work needs to be done to improve the schooling for older kids over the age of 8 or so, from what I've heard, but as I've said it is a work in progress and the beginnings are promising. The premises is lovely and is undergoing expansion.
I personally like the staff a lot. They are all professionals who have moved over from teaching jobs in Dubai or elsewhere so they are not just randomers. My children are only very young and I love their teachers. The teachers are working really hard and have a very challenging job on their hands what with it being a start up.
hi! I have kids age 7 and 4, and I’m a bit concerned about the school, are they following a European school system? Is it American? What do you guys do with the kids after school? Is there any activities for them?

Cheers,
Old Jan 18th 2022, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott78
hi! I have kids age 7 and 4, and I’m a bit concerned about the school, are they following a European school system? Is it American? What do you guys do with the kids after school? Is there any activities for them?

Cheers,
The school follows the International Baccalaureate program. Currently the school only goes to grade 7/8.

They have told me that there are after school activities for the kids each day if you choose to send them to it.

My daughter will be 6 when she starts there in September 22. Grade 1

Old Jan 20th 2022, 7:36 am
Just Joined

mm23 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you guys think about the security situation in KSA following the Houthi bombing of UAE? Does this affect Neom in anyway?

Last edited by mm23; Jan 20th 2022 at 7:43 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.