Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jul 26th 2022, 7:23 am
Just Joined

PaulF1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Claud123
You have to get the background check before obtaining attested contract... I'm in Bahrain received an attested employment contract by email with non matching salary to offer letter ...more.confusion. Then happen to know by VFS that the attested contract presented at VFS center has to be the original attested contract. My on boarder is on vacation just need this verified. They are are also requesting education degrees to be attested back in the country of education...so would think you studied in Dubai.
You also need a power of attorney letter allowing VFS centre to take charge of Saudi matters.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. My background check cleared about a month ago and I have 3 months notice with current employer. So tentative start date is end of September. My degree was attested in the US (I'm from the US) when I joined my UAE company, so just needed a stamp affirming or authorizing the attestation. I didn't know about the power of attorney either. I will follow up with the onboarder today. Thanks again
Old Jul 26th 2022, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Hejeksnd12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by menaadventure
Just make it sure
- bring passport, emirates ID, offer letter
- check if your MOFA attestation is recent enough: mine was 3 years old and he asked me to get a newer stamp, so I get another uae MOFA attestation and went back. If I had a new stamp he’d done it during my first visit.
Hi- I am in a similar situation (my MoFA stamp is more than 3 years old). Where did you go in Dubai / Abu Dhabi to get a “new” stamp? Did you have to do the entire process again? Or MoFA rely on the ”old” stamp and just add a new one?

thanks in advance

Has anyone tried flying in and out of Aqaba to get to Neom? Any difficulty crossing the border? Is says around 3hrs on google maps. Is this realistic?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 26th 2022 at 9:54 am. Reason: Fixing quote
Old Jul 26th 2022, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hejeksnd12
Hi- I am in a similar situation (my MoFA stamp is more than 3 years old). Where did you go in Dubai / Abu Dhabi to get a “new” stamp? Did you have to do the entire process again? Or MoFA rely on the ”old” stamp and just add a new one?

thanks in advance
I also had to renew my UAE stamp before getting the Saudi stamp. I did it online at mofaic.gov, paid 150 AED for same day service (plus another 150 AED for the attestation), then Aramex comes takes my document and returned it to me 5 hours later. Went to Saudi embassy next day and received the stamp.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 26th 2022 at 11:22 am. Reason: Fixing quote
Old Jul 26th 2022, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Happy_Camper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
+

I received flight confirmations 36hrs before departure..

Absolute joke of an onboarder who i was dealing with.
I’m so frustrated with my onboarder. Communication is slow and does not address questions that I may ask (and I try to keep my communications very succinct). I am supposed to be on site by August 1 but have not received my flight information yet. He informed me he’s on holiday until the end of July but would still arrange my flight. This was 2 weeks ago and no response. I’m a bit relieved to hear that a few others are having some similar issues, but am frustrated nonetheless. I’m going to plan on receiving my flight info last minute, so I’m starting to pack up now.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

aali1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azorek
Hello, I have a related question please: Being a UAE resident located in the UAE with my family on work-visa and children having UAE schooling, I am currently considering an offer to join Neom. My concern is that once I join Neom, my UAE visa would be cancelled, my family would need to relocate and children who were born in UAE would need to start searching for another schooling options. Is there, as per your experience, a way to keep the family stay in the UAE to cause them minimum disruption while allowing me to be visiting them regularly? Moving them to KSA is not an option. E.g. are there any UAE family visas supporting expats working in KSA? (or is there a need for free a UAE zone visa for them?) Thank you very much in advance.
A lot of guys I know in KSA do the following; register a company in UAE (Sharjah seems the cheapest option re. Fees and yearly charges); issue visas for the family through that. Nothing stopping you yourself having a UAE residency visa through the company to be honest and then sponsoring family. So long as stuff like medical insurance and schooling benefits can be used overseas, which I believe they are with NEOM - thats the option a lot go for
Old Jul 26th 2022, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulF1981
My onboarder told me I need to wait for an attested Neom contract from the Government Affairs office. I should get it through email. Once I receive that, I need to sign, visit a VFS center (I'm based in Abu Dhabi), and send back to them. Along with the signed contract I have to send an attested degree, medical, and police report. The degree was simple, visited the Saudi embassy in Dubai and got the stamp within 5 minutes. I'm doing the medical tomorrow and once results come back I will get them attested. Same with police report. I heard police report is easy as well.

But I've been waiting for this attested contract now for almost 2 months. Anyone else experiencing delays in receiving this? Or better yet has anyone else been required to get this? I know a few recent joiners that don't recall having to receive an attested contract. Only the degree, medical, and police report.

May I ask, was your degree from Dubai or somewhere else? I’m in Qatar as a resident and I have attested UK degree certs for Qatar. As per above, do you think it would be a similar process and I could take the Qatar attested degree and get it stamp by the KSA embassy?
Old Jul 27th 2022, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just received an email informing me that I have finished my onboarding journey and everything will now be handled by HR instead of the onboarding team.

I have just received my visa but haven't yet had travel booked or received any details about starting etc...

Just wanted to check if this was normal for those of you that have already gone across (to finish onboarding before you get there.) And if HR would manage the process from here?
Old Jul 27th 2022, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Che0201308
May I ask, was your degree from Dubai or somewhere else? I’m in Qatar as a resident and I have attested UK degree certs for Qatar. As per above, do you think it would be a similar process and I could take the Qatar attested degree and get it stamp by the KSA embassy?
My degree was from the US. It went through the full attestation process back in 2019 when I joined a company in the UAE. In order to satisfy Saudi attestation requirements I just needed an updated UAE stamp. Once I got that I went to the Saudi embassy in Dubai and they gave me the stamp within 5 minutes. You being from Qatar, I would expect the process to be the same as long as you have a current Qatar stamp on the documents. If the embassy is not too far from where you reside, it's worth a try. From some of the stories I heard on this forum, the degree attestation can be very time consuming otherwise.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Have just received an email informing me that I have finished my onboarding journey and everything will now be handled by HR instead of the onboarding team.

I have just received my visa but haven't yet had travel booked or received any details about starting etc...

Just wanted to check if this was normal for those of you that have already gone across (to finish onboarding before you get there.) And if HR would manage the process from here?
can I ask you how long did the background check take?

Congrats! You are nearly there!
Old Jul 27th 2022, 9:07 am
Just Joined

herbert2060 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone advise on whether there is a foreign exchange outlet in Tabuk and whether the rates are competitive.

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2022, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
can I ask you how long did the background check take?

Congrats! You are nearly there!
My background check wad quick, about two to three weeks. It has been getting the documents from Government Affairs that takes the time.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Azorek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aali1987
A lot of guys I know i... - thats the option a lot go for
Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated, let me explore this option.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

CrazyJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, in the package that was presented to me it mentions a "matched savings scheme". Does anybody know how this works, what the maximum saving is they will match and how you can get it out of the savings scheme again? Just curious if that's another interesting multiplier for my earnings or a bit of a nothing perk.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Max up to 7% of salary up to SM
Max up to 10a% of salary Director and above

Cant touch for three years or they give u what put in only. But yes. Good multiplier.

QUOTE=CrazyJohn;13131736]Hi, in the package that was presented to me it mentions a "matched savings scheme". Does anybody know how this works, what the maximum saving is they will match and how you can get it out of the savings scheme again? Just curious if that's another interesting multiplier for my earnings or a bit of a nothing perk.[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 31st 2022, 8:32 am
Just Joined

AE2022 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commuting b/n NC1 and Tabuk

Hi - I am planning to join Neom with my family. I have gone through with my interviews and currently waiting for the offer. I was told by the recruiter that there is a six months waiting on the 2beds. I was thinking to bring in my family and temporarily stay in Tabuk city until the housing and schooling is sorted in Neom. Is this practical? I have worked in Saudi in the past and have a valid local driving license. Are there staff out there that have done/ are doing this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.