Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jun 26th 2022, 9:02 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

I connected with a few folks working at Neom on LinkedIn, and they were all hired by recruiters/head hunters. Does anyone have a contact you can DM who's recruiting for Neom's land mobility team?
Old Jun 26th 2022, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
I connected with a few folks working at Neom on LinkedIn, and they were all hired by recruiters/head hunters. Does anyone have a contact you can DM who's recruiting for Neom's land mobility team?
Depending on your field…
Old Jun 28th 2022, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question regarding the police check.
do they request a police check for each place you have lived in? I have started updating docs, I haven’t gotten there just yet, but it would take me a while to gather all that information

Cheers,
Old Jun 28th 2022, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

just wanting to understand your experience of the onboarding process and whether it’s similar
to mine?

Background checks done, offer accepted, onboarding meeting done, resignation handed in, visa service on board…wait…I need a degree letter from Neom for attestation (cue 5 weeks and several email requests for said letter and still waiting). (Insert facepalm emoji here)

FTR I’ve worked in the ME before and understand the slow process and requirement to be uber patient, but my process is being scuppered by the onboarding team which is not very ‘onboardingingly’ of them really.

I know from previous post they’re very busy at the moment, but if they’re doing it to stall the process, then I’d rather they just let me know so I can amend logistics plans accordingly. (Rant over!)
Old Jun 28th 2022, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Che0201308
just wanting to understand your experience of the onboarding process and whether it’s similar
to mine?

Background checks done, offer accepted, onboarding meeting done, resignation handed in, visa service on board…wait…I need a degree letter from Neom for attestation (cue 5 weeks and several email requests for said letter and still waiting). (Insert facepalm emoji here)
This matches with my experience as well, Thankfully I didn't resign when they asked me to as otherwise I would be out of work in a couple of weeks or so, I was offered the role about 8 weeks ago but found out that I couldn't get my degree attested as it is from the OU which is not accepted in Saudi, I asked Neom for a Degree Exemption letter which came in English about a week later, The visa Agency asked for an Arabic version which I asked Neom for and that came back about 3 weeks after that. I sent the Arabic translation to the Agency only to be told that it was the degree attestation letter, not the exemption letter. I then requested the Degree Exemption letter again in Arabic and was told (by another onboarder) that it would come that week but the next week they told me that my regular onboarder was back and would handle it. I then recieved all the other documents I needed along with a note asking how I was getting on with my Degree Attestation. I explained again that I was just waiting on the Degree Exemption letter in Arabic and they said it was requested and they will send it through when it arrives - That was last week.

As you pointed out they are seriously busy but there definitely seems to be a lot of issues with the process but it has now been over a month since I recieved the degree exemption letter in English and the Arabic version is the last thing I need for my Visa.

Also half way through this process they sent me a message saying that my role was now an agency roll and as such I would not qualify for relocation or accomodation - after several messages backwards and forward and reaching back out to the employment agency that first contacted me I was told the original email was sent in error - I think the fact a simple miss sent email took so long to resolve shows just how busy they must be, I don't know how big the team are but I definitely feel like they need more support to make it go smoothly.

Last edited by Evilbungle; Jun 28th 2022 at 6:04 am.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi interesting review I'm going through the same issues ....question what is a OU ? where are you applying from
Old Jun 28th 2022, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Claud123
Hi interesting review I'm going through the same issues ....question what is a OU ? where are you applying from
The OU is The Open University. Saudi don't accept any distance learning degrees. (My fault for believing the "its the same as a traditional degree" advertising) I am applying from the UK.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Sound like you applied from Dubai ?
Old Jun 28th 2022, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
Question regarding the police check.
do they request a police check for each place you have lived in?

Cheers,
I believe only the country of origin (passport).

Also, I concur with the onboarding experience you guys are having. After coming here, I didn't hear a word from onboarding on where to go or what to do. Thankfully a colleague reached out and helped me resolve some access issues, otherwise I'd be stuck at the gate the first morning having no clue. I was told "oh we sent you emails with all instructions" - oh you mean you sent emails to my neom email which I couldn't access before today? Chicken and egg problem.

Everytime I visit onboarding office my onboarding officer is not there. And don't get a proper answer as to where she is. I get instructed to come back in the afternoon. I go back, still not there. No replies on Teams, suddenly get a call from nowhere asking if I need anything - yes I need a lot of things. But I only have time to ask for one, then the onboarder needs to hang up.

I hear that it's crazy and just hang in there.. these issues are for those on site. Imagine those not even here yet.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 10:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sound like you applied from Dubai ?
If you could use the quote function so that people know who you're responding to or asking questions of, that would be super helpful.

Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi menaadventure I hope you don't mind I have just pm'd you about doing the medical in Dubai
Old Jun 29th 2022, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
This matches with my experience as well, Thankfully I didn't resign when they asked me to as otherwise I would be out of work in a couple of weeks or so, I was offered the role about 8 weeks ago but found out that I couldn't get my degree attested as it is from the OU which is not accepted in Saudi, I asked Neom for a Degree Exemption letter which came in English about a week later, The visa Agency asked for an Arabic version which I asked Neom for and that came back about 3 weeks after that. I sent the Arabic translation to the Agency only to be told that it was the degree attestation letter, not the exemption letter. I then requested the Degree Exemption letter again in Arabic and was told (by another onboarder) that it would come that week but the next week they told me that my regular onboarder was back and would handle it. I then recieved all the other documents I needed along with a note asking how I was getting on with my Degree Attestation. I explained again that I was just waiting on the Degree Exemption letter in Arabic and they said it was requested and they will send it through when it arrives - That was last week.

As you pointed out they are seriously busy but there definitely seems to be a lot of issues with the process but it has now been over a month since I recieved the degree exemption letter in English and the Arabic version is the last thing I need for my Visa.

Also half way through this process they sent me a message saying that my role was now an agency roll and as such I would not qualify for relocation or accomodation - after several messages backwards and forward and reaching back out to the employment agency that first contacted me I was told the original email was sent in error - I think the fact a simple miss sent email took so long to resolve shows just how busy they must be, I don't know how big the team are but I definitely feel like they need more support to make it go smoothly.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I’m glad I gave 3 months notice at work, as reading from previous posts I knew the 30 days wouldn’t even cover it. For me it would just be great to understand whether my proposed start date in September time is an eventuality?!?! Reason being, I’m going to have to move back to the UK from ME (due to canceled visa) and then go to KSA from UK within a short (but doable timeframe), but ideally want to know what the timeframe will eventually be. Anyway I’m sure it will all come together in a last minute fashion.
Old Jun 29th 2022, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Che0201308
Thanks for the response. Yeah I’m glad I gave 3 months notice at work, as reading from previous posts I knew the 30 days wouldn’t even cover it. For me it would just be great to understand whether my proposed start date in September time is an eventuality?!?! Reason being, I’m going to have to move back to the UK from ME (due to canceled visa) and then go to KSA from UK within a short (but doable timeframe), but ideally want to know what the timeframe will eventually be. Anyway I’m sure it will all come together in a last minute fashion.
I will have my fingers crossed that it will work out for you as that is the same timeframe as me - I had hoped to be there by Mid-July but with the visa delays have pushed it back to Mid-September (I am on holiday at the start of September so couldn't land mid-August and then take off again immediately. - Have to admit that I will sleep a lot easier when I get the Visa stamp in my passport and know that everything is in place. Hopefully we can catch up in September in Neom and laugh about how long it all took
Old Jun 29th 2022, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi All I was made an offer by Neom after interview as an X amount after back ground check has been cleared. They've then provide me via on boarding team the Employment contract (Riyadh Chamber) attested at a Y lower amount per month ...the contract is for visa application, I've issued an email back to the HR Manager waiting for answer.
Has anybody faced this with the onboarding process?
Old Jun 29th 2022, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All I was made an offer by Neom after interview as an X amount after back ground check has been cleared. They've then provide me via on boarding team the Employment contract (Riyadh Chamber) attested at a Y lower amount per month ...the contract is for visa application, I've issued an email back to the HR Manager waiting for answer.
Has anybody faced this with the onboarding process?

Can only speak for myself but my offer letter and contract for visa application both match in terms of pay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.