Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jun 6th 2022, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

When people say there's no school until 2023, are we talking about January or September?

After 2 months of interviews, they promised an offer, then they ghosted me for 2 months. Now, they said they want to resume conversations again... really, I don't know what to expect from these people... but the school is a deal-breaker for me. do you guys know if the school is fully booked until Sep 2023?

Cheers,
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know for sure, but i have heard that the school is at full occupation for this coming school year (22-23). It is being expanded for next year to nearly double the pupils however.
We enrolled our daughter into the school once applications opened up in February while still in Australia and received confirmation in April for this coming school year commencing end of August.
To be honest, the schooling enrollment was one of the easiest parts of the whole process.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously I can only speak for myself (Not in Neom yet still going through Visa process etc...)
I filled out the school enrollment form about 2 weeks ago and last week a place was confirmed (not sure how it will pan out as they are expecting her to start in August but will likely take much longer than that to get them their visas etc...) but definitely doesn't feel like it is full - again this could be specific to the age groups we wanted so it may be different for different ages.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
When people say there's no school until 2023, are we talking about January or September?

After 2 months of interviews, they promised an offer, then they ghosted me for 2 months. Now, they said they want to resume conversations again... really, I don't know what to expect from these people... but the school is a deal-breaker for me. do you guys know if the school is fully booked until Sep 2023?

Cheers,
Classes for younger age group are currently over-subscribed but as others have mentioned, they might still have spaces for older age groups. To give you an idea, we're fortunate to get a space for my son but my husband's colleague was not able to get a place for his daughter. Both applications were submitted few days apart. It's a catch-22 in your case as the school can't confirm a space for your child/children until your job offer/background check has been confirmed. Realistically speaking, August timeline might be too tight at this point. You also have to think about accommodation. All new employees (even high-level director levels) are being given studio cabins in NC2 and then moved to NC1 (where the school is located) after 5-6 months.

Would it be possible for you to join first and your family will follow next term (that's what my husband did)? It has helped us expedite the process, as my husband is in the HR office almost every week, following-up matters.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
Would it be possible for you to join first and your family will follow next term (that's what my husband did)? It has helped us expedite the process, as my husband is in the HR office almost every week, following-up matters.
This is what the onboarding team have suggested for me as well, apparently everything is much easier if you are actually over there so I will be going across and my family will join once an NC1 unit is available. I really don't fancy trying to squeeze my wife, child and dog into an NC2 unit for any length of time.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

DrNg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. I really enjoy and get a lot insight in this group. I have a question, how do you guys find the position? Is it through Linkdln?. I applied since 2 weeks ago and heard nothing. When would I expect to hear if I have been selected for interview? Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2022, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Ewings999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maryke
Hi, can you please more details on Aecom housing? I have got an offer and trying to find info but could not so far. I am not in manager position. Thank you!
also interested in the housing info for Bechtel/AECOM, are they still in the same NC1&2 camps.
Old Jun 9th 2022, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Noemcity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

any family who has relocated to Neom city?

we are a family of 4 and we are also considering Neom.

I have no idea what to expect. Any school at all?

Thanks for the advice
Old Jun 9th 2022, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noemcity
Hi

any family who has relocated to Neom city?

we are a family of 4 and we are also considering Neom.

I have no idea what to expect. Any school at all?

Thanks for the advice
read the 36 pages
Old Jun 9th 2022, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jun 10th 2022, 10:45 am
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Does anyone know how far NC2 camp is from the sea? And the NC1 camp? I've seen a lot of pictures that imply one of the camps is right beside the beach, but on Google maps it looks like the beach is a half hour drive away
Old Jun 10th 2022, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

TheXLegenD7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katy611
Hi all

Does anyone know how far NC2 camp is from the sea? And the NC1 camp? I've seen a lot of pictures that imply one of the camps is right beside the beach, but on Google maps it looks like the beach is a half hour drive away
its the OXAGON camp
Old Jun 11th 2022, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

NC2 is 30 minutes from NC1. NC1 is close to the sea, less than 5 minutes.

But when you say sea, do you mean accessible beach? because this is not the case. Swimming and snorkling is generally done further north, nearly 30-40mins away from NC1
Old Jun 11th 2022, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Is the sea beside NC1 not accessible at all? My dog loves swimming so I was hoping to take her! A few people on this group have mentioned great beaches and snorkeling, is this at the beach 30-40 minutes away?
Old Jun 11th 2022, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply.

Is the sea beside NC1 not accessible at all? My dog loves swimming so I was hoping to take her! A few people on this group have mentioned great beaches and snorkeling, is this at the beach 30-40 minutes away?
Dog in the water is probably fine. But not for you to swim or snorkel. The water is patrolled by security being so close to the Royal Palaces.

Snorkeling is done 30 mins away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.