NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 21st 2022, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Hash
thank you for the reply mate.

So, why everyone more than happy to work for NEOM although they pay fixed salary to all (current + 25% )??

just want to understand!
Im sure everyone has their reasons but some of them would be:

NEOM caters for your every need basically
NEOM has great benefits
NEOM has decent housing, with Bechtel/Aecom you will not be living in decent housing
NEOM provides schooling for kids
NEOM is the client
NEOM has a wider range of roles
Old May 21st 2022, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Im sure everyone has their reasons but some of them would be:

NEOM caters for your every need basically
NEOM has great benefits
NEOM has decent housing, with Bechtel/Aecom you will not be living in decent housing
NEOM provides schooling for kids
NEOM is the client
NEOM has a wider range of roles
Fair enough.

For me, I am still in early talks with Bechtel/AECOM HR. Not even done an interview yet.

but for me really the main driver is the salary. That's why I was confused about that 25% fixed increase.

when I have more things happening with them negotiating wise I will come back here to share.

If there is anyone here hired by Bechtel/AECOM l hope he/she can share anything useful with me.

thanks mate.
Old May 21st 2022, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

thank you for the reply mate.

So, why everyone more than happy to work for NEOM although they pay fixed salary to all (current + 25% )??

just want to understand!
What’s more important to you - the opportunity or the salary? If a pay increase and no living costs isn’t an incentive then what would be? No shortage of very bright people queuing up to join.
Old May 21st 2022, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
What’s more important to you - the opportunity or the salary? If a pay increase and no living costs isn’t an incentive then what would be? No shortage of very bright people queuing up to join.
I haven't said that I am one of these bright people. So, good for them chasing an opportunity in NEOM and wish them luck.

All I am after is the salary and because most of the people here are after NEOM as an employer hence my question regarding salary not relevant until someone hired by Bechtel/AECOM is willing to share his experience with me here.

thanks mate.

Last edited by Hash; May 21st 2022 at 12:44 pm.
Old May 21st 2022, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't said that I am one of these bright people. So, good for them chasing an opportunity in NEOM and wish them luck.

All I am after is the salary and because most of the people here are after NEOM as an employer hence my question regarding salary not relevant until someone hired by Bechtel/AECOM is willing to share his experience with me here.

thanks mate.
That's how I see things works at Neom... You can make loads of money joining Neom but you are going to make it in the long-term. The salary and benefits package is designed for people who want to stay in the project/company till the end. I feel they don't want the typical expat people who want to join a middle east company only for one or two years to make money and leave it after they've loaded their pockets. As you can read the hiring and onboarding process is so complex and unbearable (in terms of timing and communications) and I suppose they don't want a high turnover every year... Not to talk about the amount of visas/iqamas they would've to process.

So, in my opinion, if your proffessional prority and main goal is only to get a very high salary here in KSA from the beggining and to be loaded in a record time (which is pretty logical and legitimate) without considering any other bennefit, then Neom is not the company that fit for you. I'm sure EPC contractors such as Betchel/Aecom is more closer to your work-mindset and you'll be happy working with them and achieving your goal.
Old May 21st 2022, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

TheXLegenD7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does someone here live in NEOM OXAGON camp, can you tell us how the accommodation is there, what are others facilities on site ?
Old May 21st 2022, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheXLegenD7
Does someone here live in NEOM OXAGON camp, can you tell us how the accommodation is there, what are others facilities on site ?
This video can help you have an idea of what accomodation in oxagon looks like. It is from last year so today oxagon will be nicer.

Old May 22nd 2022, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

menaadventure is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katy611
I am in the onboarding process and have been asked to complete a housing form - on the form it says I will be temporarily based in a studio in the Oxagon community, not NC1 or NC2. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this just what they write for all housing forms or will l actually be based in Oxagon? Is anybody else based there? I'm concerned about being in a studio as I am bringing my husband and my dog, she is small but barks A LOT at doorbells, people outside the door etc so will probably be a problem for neighbouring apartments!
Hi ladies, I also got the housing form like that. But I think it’s just an error or system default setting (it’s a drop down menu and it seems like that’s saved like that.) Oxagon camp is for the people hired for Oxagon. If you’re not, regardless of that, you’ll be put in NC2.

Oxagon arguably one of the best camps and I’d love to be placed in Oxagon. I’ve spoke to couple of people and everyone agrees that NC2 is really bad, and some people packed the bag and left after seeing NC2 - so do your research (some pics and videos available in the google map), and also consider the fact that the noise proof is really bad, you hear your neighbors :’)
Old May 22nd 2022, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

menaadventure is an unknown quantity at this point

One question to someone who did their medical tests in Dubai (UAE) - can you advise which clinic you did?

I finished background check and degree attestation, but want to first do the medical check before resign, just to be 100% sure

But as everyone complains onboarding team is really difficult to get hold of, and the agency insists they need some more documents from NEOM to start the process. So before all that, if I can get the medical checks done then I can resign with the peace of mind. TIA in case anyone can help me on this!
Old May 22nd 2022, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

I have my onboarding teams call tomorrow as I have passed the background checks. Could anyone shed any light on what this call is about?

Also, has anyone had any luck simply refusing to accept the job offer unless they are housed in NC1? I've been put down as being in a studio and I'm going to be with my husband and our dog. Our dog barks very loudly at doorbells, noises from neighbouring apartments etc and that's why we have lived in only detached villas in the last 2 years. I am very apprehensive about bringing my husband yappy dog to a tiny studio where she will undoubtedly be a nuisance to neighbours. I was informed at the beginning of this whole process that I would be getting a 1 bed villa in nc1 and obviously a studio in nc2 is quite different from that! I know that the team I am joining is very busy and understaffed at the moment so I am tempted to play hardball on this point, but I don't know how successful that would be.
Old May 22nd 2022, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

I have my onboarding teams call tomorrow as I have passed the background checks. Could anyone shed any light on what this call is about?

Also, has anyone had any luck simply refusing to accept the job offer unless they are housed in NC1? I've been put down as being in a studio and I'm going to be with my husband and our dog. Our dog barks very loudly at doorbells, noises from neighbouring apartments etc and that's why we have lived in only detached villas in the last 2 years. I am very apprehensive about bringing my husband yappy dog to a tiny studio where she will undoubtedly be a nuisance to neighbours. I was informed at the beginning of this whole process that I would be getting a 1 bed villa in nc1 and obviously a studio in nc2 is quite different from that! I know that the team I am joining is very busy and understaffed at the moment so I am tempted to play hardball on this point, but I don't know how successful that would be.
Dont waste your time. Even executive directors start off in NC2. There is no negotiating with NEOM about almost anything.

The onboarding call is fairly standard, they show you a presentation about NEOM, answer any questions you may have etc and give you an idea about what to expect!

I have It on good authority there will be flights direct from NEOM Bay airport to Dubai starting around the end of June which everyone is pretty excited about!

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; May 22nd 2022 at 7:57 pm.
Old May 23rd 2022, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Alkatraz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. Thank you for your help and advices

1. I have passed interview with consultant company and confirmed some commercial and technical points which will be included to contract by consultant company. I was told in the beginning of May that there will be online interview with NEOM. Till today no reply from them. Are you familiar with such case?

2. What is the situation with taxes from salary?

Last edited by Alkatraz777; May 23rd 2022 at 8:38 am.
Old May 23rd 2022, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

Good luck playing hardball - You will not be provided accommodation in NC1 before the rest of the people who have been in NC2 for the past few months do. Simple as that.
It is standard protocol to be provided accommodation in NC2 before moving to permanent residences at NC1. If you wish to play hard ball, then that is your choice, but it will not get you any where.

Old May 23rd 2022, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice on this, my main concern is that my dog will disturb my neighbours in a studio, but if Neom don't take that into consideration then I suppose my only options are not to take the job or hope that the disturbance isn't too bad.
Old May 23rd 2022, 10:06 am
Just Joined

The flights to Dubai would be fantastic, can i ask how certain this is? As I know that the project has been faced with a lot of delays. Any update on when they will start flying further internationally ie to the UK? I assumed this would be their last priority as what's the point in introducing international flights until the area is actually up and running as a tourist destination, but hopefully I'm wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.