NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 28th 2023, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Traikoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Sharky03
Hi,

Is anyone here from Canada who has gone through the Visa process and is willing to chat?

Thanks!
Hey Sharky,

I'm halfway through the process. Have you finished yours or are you still going through it ?
Old May 29th 2023, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

can anyone recommend an affordable company to ship things from Australia to KSA. We’re relocating there and we want to ship some things without paying so much. Even if it’s slow shipping! Thanks so much!
Old May 29th 2023, 8:08 am
Just Joined

amalikn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
Hi all

can anyone recommend an affordable company to ship things from Australia to KSA. We’re relocating there and we want to ship some things without paying so much. Even if it’s slow shipping! Thanks so much!
I am also interested to know the same.
which role were you able to secure? how long did the whole process take?
Old May 29th 2023, 8:11 am
Just Joined

amalikn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Always worth a search to see if you can find relevant info, tax status for Aussies has been discussed before -

Can't see why a bank transfer wouldn't be possible, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with info if it's not.
thanks for the info
Old May 29th 2023, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amalikn
I am also interested to know the same.
which role were you able to secure? how long did the whole process take?
What would you be bringing? We came out with two suitcases. Depending on where you are living you probably won't have much storage.
Old May 30th 2023, 9:29 am
Just Joined

DHDP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Was wondering whether anyone had videos or photos of the family accommodation, daycare and schooling in NEOM.

Thanks in advance
Old May 30th 2023, 9:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DHDP
Hi all

Was wondering whether anyone had videos or photos of the family accommodation, daycare and schooling in NEOM.

Thanks in advance
If you Google you'll find some videos on Youtube or Instagram - but you're aware that there is no family accommodation etc available for quite some time?
Old May 30th 2023, 9:57 am
Just Joined

DHDP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you Google you'll find some videos on Youtube or Instagram - but you're aware that there is no family accommodation etc available for quite some time?
Hey thanks for the reply. I am aware family accommodation is some time away. Was trying to see what it looks like anyway to get a feel for it. Struggling to find on google and YouTube..any links you can share?

Are they still forecasting about 6 months at least?
Old May 30th 2023, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DHDP
Hey thanks for the reply. I am aware family accommodation is some time away. Was trying to see what it looks like anyway to get a feel for it. Struggling to find on google and YouTube..any links you can share?

Are they still forecasting about 6 months at least?
Last I heard it was way longer than that (end of next year I think?), but a search of the forum will give you the most up to date info. This thread is a good starting point - Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Afraid I haven't seen any videos myself, have just seen them mentioned on here (specifically, an Instagram account with lots of videos on) - so again, a search should chuck up some results. Good luck.
Old May 31st 2023, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Alex12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, looking for a bit more information on the situation there for Aecom staff. Are they also based in the same communities or separate? I’m discussing a move there with them but unsure what the life is like in comparison to all the Neom info I can find.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I would like to thank you all for the great information you share in this thread.
I applied for Design Manager role using NEOM job site, and a recruiter works directly for NEOM asked for an interview which happened 10 days ago.
I didn't hear from the recruiter after the interview, I sent a follow up email to check my application status and she did not reply. I just want to know the result even if it is negative.
Is there any other way to check application status?

Old Jun 2nd 2023, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

BSUTD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krb
Hi,

You will be asked to prove your day rate (based upon current contract / client invoices). This day rate will then be calculated into an annual salary. I.e day rate x 40 weeks per year (or something very similar). Please note that if your salary is then too high / expensive due to the role, Neom will negotiate a lower rate with you.

This happened to me as a day rate contractor. The 25% plus current salary doesn’t always apply and your final offer will hennaed upon your current salary and the max that the role is offering.
That's absolutely correct. My uplift was approximately 13%, which I am ahppy with because that's applied against the gross.
Old Jun 4th 2023, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

LPMG_Canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Traikoff
Hey Sharky,

I'm halfway through the process. Have you finished yours or are you still going through it ?
Feel free to send a dm. I have completed my process in January.
Old Jun 4th 2023, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the campus has a clinic that offers maternity check ups for pregnant women?

Thanks

Old Jun 5th 2023, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

IntlWorkr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

This is a very interesting community with lots of details!

I have only just applied for a couple of jobs at NEOM careers website. As i wait to see what happens next, I'd like to get to know some Canadians who are already working there, or in the process of moving there.
I know nothing about taxation in Canada if I were earning elsewhere, taxation in the middle east, transferring money back to Canada and tax implications thereof. It would be good to know from someone who if they've already gone through this.

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.