Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 24th 2023, 11:49 am
Just Joined

klas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

hi all,

can anyone advise what the quickest way to attest my UK degree please? any company you can recommend?

Thanks
Old May 24th 2023, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to attest a UK degree through the UKSACB. It's the only place that will be accepted. NEOM however can grant an exemption, so you don't need to get your degree attested prior to getting a visa, however you must have it attested within 3 months of arrival. But still, has to be done by the UKSACB.

Also worth pointing out that they will 100% NOT attest a degree that has any sort of online component - distance learning, Open University etc. If you have a degree that this might apply to, speak to your recruiter and any of the NEOM team you have contact with (interviewer / onboard etc) at the earliest opportunity as it while they company can exempt you from the attested degree requirement, there are some ramifications for doing so that are absolute.

Last edited by Diplo; May 24th 2023 at 6:33 pm.
Old May 24th 2023, 6:50 pm
Magicman

sqadri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
You have to attest a UK degree through the UKSACB. It's the only place that will be accepted. NEOM however can grant an exemption, so you don't need to get your degree attested prior to getting a visa, however you must have it attested within 3 months of arrival. But still, has to be done by the UKSACB.

Also worth pointing out that they will 100% NOT attest a degree that has any sort of online component - distance learning, Open University etc. If you have a degree that this might apply to, speak to your recruiter and any of the NEOM team you have contact with (interviewer / onboard etc) at the earliest opportunity as it while they company can exempt you from the attested degree requirement, there are some ramifications for doing so that are absolute.
Thanks for this as very useful. I am wondering when you say online is it particular universities like OU etc, would you know?
Old May 24th 2023, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have been waiting the NEOM documents for the visa since 3 weeks ago. Are you also facing the same? Anyone that received recently the documentation for the visa?

Thanks
Old May 24th 2023, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sqadri
Thanks for this as very useful. I am wondering when you say online is it particular universities like OU etc, would you know?
​​​​​​​Any university, it doesn't matter. One of the questions specifically asked of the university by the UKSACB is if there was any online learning to the course, including distance learning, e learning, online lectures etc. If the answer is yes, then they refuse to attest it. I believe it's to do with the number of fake degrees that were floating about, or those that the named person didn't actually do!
Old May 25th 2023, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

JR1900 me, I have been also getting in touch with the onboarder twice per week since I am supposed to join in July. He advised me to commence visa process ( whatever can be arranged) without the documents (ca. criminal record, medical check). So maybe there's certain bottleneck in their process.
Old May 25th 2023, 5:33 pm
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dangerousmouse
​​​​​​Tax year.

Got to be outside for a full tax year, less your 90 days.

Thank you Dangerousmouse!

So, as long as I don’t go home for more than 90 days in any tax year I am OK? I do not have to provide any evidence to HMRC or do I???

Some Google posts suggest that you may be taxed if you have a house in the uk, a bank account, a spouse living in the uk, etc….

I am trying to glean as much info to put my mind at ease, rather than pay an IFA for advice (I was expecting it to be fairly easy to figure out).
Old May 25th 2023, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

klas is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Diplo

Thanks very much Diplo, very useful indeed. No issues with my degree (in-person), thankfully.

The visa agent sent me today further information regarding the visa application. There are many steps involved, the degree attestation is a key one (to be done via UKSACB as you suggested). I am curious about the best way to do all this, via the visa agent suggested by the onboarding team? or by myself? I did my research and it does not look too complicated and also I expect to start in late August, have some time then. The visa agency (suggested by the onboarding team) is happy to help of course, but did not mention the cost of their services, neither provide a breakdown of optional services (ie medical certificate can apparently be provided by the GP?), FCO legalisations, etc. Any further insights would be appreciated.
Old May 25th 2023, 6:18 pm
Magicman

sqadri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by klas
Thanks very much Diplo, very useful indeed. No issues with my degree (in-person), thankfully.

The visa agent sent me today further information regarding the visa application. There are many steps involved, the degree attestation is a key one (to be done via UKSACB as you suggested). I am curious about the best way to do all this, via the visa agent suggested by the onboarding team? or by myself? I did my research and it does not look too complicated and also I expect to start in late August, have some time then. The visa agency (suggested by the onboarding team) is happy to help of course, but did not mention the cost of their services, neither provide a breakdown of optional services (ie medical certificate can apparently be provided by the GP?), FCO legalisations, etc. Any further insights would be appreciated.
So in the same boat. At present have not been overly impressed with the provider recommended and have asked NEOM onboarding team if I can use an agent I have used before who was very efficient and charged around £900 for everything.
Old May 26th 2023, 8:51 am
Just Joined

JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had much success with applying for jobs online as opposed to the process being handled by a recruiter? I am wondering how long the online process takes!
Old May 26th 2023, 11:32 am
Just Joined

AAsweden is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi, Really appreciate all the information present in the thread. Kudos to the contributing members.
Anyone here applying from Sweden? Seems it is impossible to reach Visa agency in Sweden. Any help will be really appreciated.

Old May 28th 2023, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR1900
Hi All,

I have been waiting the NEOM documents for the visa since 3 weeks ago. Are you also facing the same? Anyone that received recently the documentation for the visa?

Thanks
Hi JR.
Two to three weeks is usually the turn time on the letters you need for the visa. I'd give them until Tues/Wed and then reach out to the onboarder unless you have a call with them already on the books, in which case ask away.
If you haven't gotten anything next week, let your hiring manager know as well, they may be able to ping some other pepole.
Good luck!
Old May 28th 2023, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAsweden
Hi, Really appreciate all the information present in the thread. Kudos to the contributing members.
Anyone here applying from Sweden? Seems it is impossible to reach Visa agency in Sweden. Any help will be really appreciated.
Hi AA,
Have you spoken with your onboarder yet? They may have more than one suggestion or be able to send a message to get the agent moving...
Good luck
Old May 28th 2023, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Its been more than 3 weeks since the HR manager told me they will potentially send an offer. He also emailed and said he wants to have a call. I followed up twice since then and there was no response. Everything is quiet now and I am unsure should I follow up again or probably this means the role or my candidature has been closed?
Thanks.
Old May 28th 2023, 8:39 am
Just Joined

AAsweden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi AA,
Have you spoken with your onboarder yet? They may have more than one suggestion or be able to send a message to get the agent moving...
Good luck
Thanks BMH77, Yes I have contacted my onboarder in this regard, but no luck so far. Will try again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.