NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 22nd 2023, 11:28 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Thanks all for the replies
Good to know that they at least understand how people with Ltd companies actually work when it comes to getting their money (This is not understood in Taiwan ).

I also sort of got the impression that - you cant break the top of the band - if the role is a Senior manager but your current pay puts you at director level - - tough
So what i thought looks like its the reality. Obviously a tax free salary has to be looked at in that contact - - not having the government top slice you - may make up for the differences.

I'm also curious as to how they will go about doing background checks - i work for myself? A lot of the projects i work on are joint ventures setup purely to build the project and then a new company is formed to take over once built. So I'm not too sure who they are going to be trying to contact

Anyway - i will cross that bridge once the process gets to it - - still very early doors at the moment and I'm in a nice contract at the moment so not desperate to get it all done by tomorrow.

thanks all for your help
I'm in the same boat. I just received my offer and yep, it appears that they no longer go above the band offered. Your hypothetical applies to me--very high pay based on my current billing rate but offered a role in a lower grade--like 2-3 grades lower.

It may be that the previous advice of them adjusting your grade based on your pay is no longer accurate. I was told that it could only happen if your hiring group had the slot available or could swap roles with another group. So for example if you're offered a Manager role, but your pay is in the Sr Manager grade, they could only adjust you to the Sr Manager grade if they had a slot available or if someone else could swap.

This makes me think that the previous advice of grading up took place before a lot of roles got filled (and lots are getting filled as we speak). Now that more slots are taken, maybe there's less flexibility.

Of course, this is just me trying to interpret things so I could be way off as well.
Old May 22nd 2023, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
I'm in the same boat. I just received my offer and yep, it appears that they no longer go above the band offered. Your hypothetical applies to me--very high pay based on my current billing rate but offered a role in a lower grade--like 2-3 grades lower.

It may be that the previous advice of them adjusting your grade based on your pay is no longer accurate. I was told that it could only happen if your hiring group had the slot available or could swap roles with another group. So for example if you're offered a Manager role, but your pay is in the Sr Manager grade, they could only adjust you to the Sr Manager grade if they had a slot available or if someone else could swap.

This makes me think that the previous advice of grading up took place before a lot of roles got filled (and lots are getting filled as we speak). Now that more slots are taken, maybe there's less flexibility.

Of course, this is just me trying to interpret things so I could be way off as well.

Oh thats really not good. Looks like either they have changed their recruitment process or the process was actually different for the different teams. So you were not even offered the 25% increment? I hope they did not downgrade your role then.
Old May 22nd 2023, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

The role i have been contacted about is a Senior Manager - so if the monthly rates I've seen on here are true then I might be squeaking at the top of the band or hitting the glass ceiling of a director level.

As long as they don't expect me to take a pay cut and try and sell it on the tax free element - - meh - - we will see

The back stop is always- you asked me if i was interested - - i didn't ask you for a role

Its a "Willing Buyer, Willing Seller"

Lots of things to weigh up so to speak

Last edited by DeepSix; May 22nd 2023 at 12:13 pm.
Old May 22nd 2023, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

brish89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day, can anyone please share their experience on how long the results of " Bechtel Neom " interview results take time? Are the results comes from HR within one week or normally takes more than a week? I've been waiting yes or no from HR , emailed her last week but still no response.
Old May 22nd 2023, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

EAK1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brish89
Good day, can anyone please share their experience on how long the results of " Bechtel Neom " interview results take time? Are the results comes from HR within one week or normally takes more than a week? I've been waiting yes or no from HR , emailed her last week but still no response.
They take time, more than week is normal
Old May 22nd 2023, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Xert1492 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Is anyone being hired by NEOM to be based in their Riyadh office? I'd like to get in touch.
Old May 23rd 2023, 7:12 am
Just Joined

brish89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EAK1
They take time, more than week is normal
Thank you, got some motivation now. Normally when you don't get response within one week , your chances becoming 30 / 70 , hopefully will get some response this week.
Old May 23rd 2023, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Slatts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I was contacted by a Dubai recruitment consultant in March, had an initial discussion about roles and was told my CV would be put forward. I heard nothing for over six weeks so I contacted the consultant again last week (mid May) and was told my CV was with the client. I have read lots of posts about the length of time it takes but as there are lots of jobs advertised on the Neom web site I am wondering if I should just apply direct. Any thoughts or experiences appreciated.
Old May 23rd 2023, 9:48 am
Magicman

sqadri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slatts
Hi - I was contacted by a Dubai recruitment consultant in March, had an initial discussion about roles and was told my CV would be put forward. I heard nothing for over six weeks so I contacted the consultant again last week (mid May) and was told my CV was with the client. I have read lots of posts about the length of time it takes but as there are lots of jobs advertised on the Neom web site I am wondering if I should just apply direct. Any thoughts or experiences appreciated.
I had a similar experience. I would suggest that best to apply direct, their website also allows you to upload your CV to see how it matches against the role. Also keep an eye on LinkedIn as I found that my profile was looked at before I got a call.
Old May 23rd 2023, 4:57 pm
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

One for the UK folks please. Can someone please tell me the uk tax rule for working outside the UK and not paying tax. I am aware of the ‘non-return’ for more than 90 days rule. However, when does this 90 day ruling start? Is it from the start of the new tax year (April 6th) or from the moment you leave the country and then for each rolling 12 months?

Thank you.
Old May 23rd 2023, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Dangerousmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krb
Hi All,

One for the UK folks please. Can someone please tell me the uk tax rule for working outside the UK and not paying tax. I am aware of the ‘non-return’ for more than 90 days rule. However, when does this 90 day ruling start? Is it from the start of the new tax year (April 6th) or from the moment you leave the country and then for each rolling 12 months?

Thank you.
​​​​​​Tax year.

Got to be outside for a full tax year, less your 90 days.

Last edited by Dangerousmouse; May 23rd 2023 at 5:05 pm.
Old May 23rd 2023, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Slatts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - will give that a go.
Old May 24th 2023, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Mynudding is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for aussies currently working at NEOM. Would love to know about the tax rules and how to transfer salary from a Saudi account to an Australian bank account.
Old May 24th 2023, 7:44 am
Just Joined

amalikn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mynudding
Looking for aussies currently working at NEOM. Would love to know about the tax rules and how to transfer salary from a Saudi account to an Australian bank account.
I am also interested to know the same
Old May 24th 2023, 9:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mynudding
Originally Posted by amalikn
I am also interested to know the same
Always worth a search to see if you can find relevant info, tax status for Aussies has been discussed before -

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM Potential Job

Can't see why a bank transfer wouldn't be possible, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with info if it's not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.