NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:33 am
Just Joined

elenash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Give it a month or so.
Have you had your medical? Resigned from your current role?
What role have yiu accepted at NEOM?
Not yet. I'm just getting in contact with the agent in Sydney to do my degree attestation, medical and visa.
I feel like it will be at least a month or even longer.

How long did it take you to get the visa, medicals, attestation since you've been contacted by the local agent?

I'll be in finance. What about you?
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:40 am
Just Joined

elenash is an unknown quantity at this point

The contract you sign for the VISA is not the 'official' employment contract that you need to sign when you arrive at NEOM. This is what my onboarder has told me. The signing of this and initialing of each page is merely for the visa and DOES NOT initiate a commencement date with NEOM. The contract I was provided does not note any dates.
So - I take that as you are not officially employed until you arrive on site.

The onboarding is a bit of shambles I agree. Considering they are onbaording 30 new employees a week, you would think this process would be as smooth as can be!! They told me to resign back in December, which i was in no way going to do with the uncertainty in timing for both VISA, degree legalisaiton and the medical results. I resigned once the medical and degree stuff was done, and now just waiting for the visa to go through, which I believe will happen this week/early next.
Completely agree with the first part. How long have you been waiting for the visa so far? I've been told that the degree attestation will take the longest out of three.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elenash
The offer has been accepted. The contract will be signed once you land in KSA and become an employee at NEOM.

I've been informed from early on that onbarding, visa, degree attestation might take 6 to 8 weeks, sometimes even longer. So it's up to you if wish to resign asap and have a bit of time off before starting a new role.
I had the second Neom's meeting directly (no agents) with the HR department one month ago. I haven't heard from them since then, although I've sent an email asking for the status of my process with no answer. I don't know what to think or expect... There's only silence and uncertainty.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 11:40 am
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All
I just joined this forum and can see very useful and valuable comments from everyone.
I had my initial interview in late Jan 2022 and then there was a period of complete silence and then all of a sudden I was set for the 2nd interview which happened 2 weeks ago. Following the 2nd interview the recruiter told me that the hiring manager should get in touch with me again and explain more about the organization and the role etc. I have been waiting ever since. There is also no response to my follow-up emails from Neom or the recruiter. Wanted to ask people who have already been through or in the hiring process, if this is something normal and what is the turnaround time that people have experienced.

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amshauka
Hello All
I just joined this forum and can see very useful and valuable comments from everyone.
I had my initial interview in late Jan 2022 and then there was a period of complete silence and then all of a sudden I was set for the 2nd interview which happened 2 weeks ago. Following the 2nd interview the recruiter told me that the hiring manager should get in touch with me again and explain more about the organization and the role etc. I have been waiting ever since. There is also no response to my follow-up emails from Neom or the recruiter. Wanted to ask people who have already been through or in the hiring process, if this is something normal and what is the turnaround time that people have experienced.

1st interview, 3 days later 2nd interview, verbal offer the next day.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amshauka
Hello All
Me: 1st interview at the beginning of Jan-22 and 2nd interview one month later... since then I'm still waiting...
I donΒ΄t know if this is something normal, what I know is both HR and Onboarding departments are overwhelmed and they aren't answering follow-up emails. It seems that's the way things are currently at Neom. So be patient and keep on doing your life as usual. Sooner or later they will contact you again.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

1st interview, 3 days later 2nd interview, verbal offer the next day.
This doesn't happen in the entire ME. You are one lucky person. When did your interviews take place?
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Leela
Me: 1st interview at the beginning of Jan-22 and 2nd interview one month later... since then I'm still waiting...
I donΒ΄t know if this is something normal, what I know is both HR and Onboarding departments are overwhelmed and they aren't answering follow-up emails. It seems that's the way things are currently at Neom. So be patient and keep on doing your life as usual. Sooner or later they will contact you again.
Looking at the number of positions that are currently open in Neom I believe you are right. They went on a hiring spree this year I guess.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 10:14 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm not joking. It's supposed that they are processing your VISA because you have accepted they offer and signed their contract. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible for them to initiate the VISA and relocation processes. And the contract has a starting date, so... What happens if you officially are working for NEOM but you are still waiting in your country to be relocated?
It would be very appreciated if someone with experience working on NEOM could give me an answer (other than to take lightly my question/comment). I think the key issue here is the gap between the last day of work at your current company and first one at NEOM. Does this gap (without working and getting paid) really exists?
My experience working abroad with US and EU companies is that this gap doesn't exist, and I've worked remotely from my country untill I've been relocated. Of course I have been paid working remotely at home.
Welcome to KSA, basically anything you sign to get a visa counts for nothing. You sign a proper contract when you arrive. You get paid from day 1 in country.
I don't work in Neom, but that's always been the way everywhere else I've worked in KSA.

Why on earth would they pay you when they don't know you're going to show up!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 10:17 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

IBM... Insha'Allah, Bukhra, Mumpkin!
3 words you'd do well to learn....
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Welcome to KSA, basically anything you sign to get a visa counts for nothing. You sign a proper contract when you arrive. You get paid from day 1 in country.
I don't work in Neom, but that's always been the way everywhere else I've worked in KSA.

Why on earth would they pay you when they don't know you're going to show up!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

EXACTLY!!
Old Mar 3rd 2022, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had experience in bargaining?
Have you succeeded to negotiate more then was in the offer?
If yes what %?
What is the attitude of NEOM on this?
Who decides on the final figures / budget - HR decides or Hiring-manager(potential line manager)?
Old Mar 3rd 2022, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on what I've read, you'll get between 20-30% no negotiation and you have to show proof of payslips going back up to 3 months. Here's my question, what's everyone's pay band if you're comfortable disclosing, even if you have to give a range, and what's your level? (manager, senior, director, etc)
Old Mar 4th 2022, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thorshammer
Based on what I've read, you'll get between 20-30% no negotiation and you have to show proof of payslips going back up to 3 months. Here's my question, what's everyone's pay band if you're comfortable disclosing, even if you have to give a range, and what's your level? (manager, senior, director, etc)

Manager - Grade 07
60k SAR pm
Old Mar 4th 2022, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mm23 Have you heard more on the accommodation side of things from anyone at Neom or the HR, what will you be getting? anything firm to make you comfortable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.