NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Jan 12th 2023, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Cr471 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Achterburg
Hi

Not strictly NEOM but I am goin through the interview process for Parson's working on Oxagon - does anyone know anything about their accomodation etc?.

thanks
@Achterburg

Did you ever manager to find out information about the Parsons NEOM Oxagon accommodation?

As in, where it is relative to the work offices, what the facilities are like, etc.

The Parsons HR team don't really seem to be able to answer my questions about it.

Thanks.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 4:34 am
Just Joined

cluck is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

This forum has been so helpful, here is my experience since arriving at NEOM on Sunday 8 January 2023.
+HR will email you a code to access sites, make sure you print it out or have it on phone or you won't get into any sites under any circumstances
+HR will also email you an orientation guide. Print it and read it.
+ If arriving at an KSA airport, get a sim card in the airport of transit even if you have to exit arrivals and come back into departures otherwise you have to arrange to go to nearest town which is very difficult for new starters with taxi's etc which are somewhat unrealiable
+a few new starters arriving close timings got put in OXAGON. This is 5* luxuary BUT very far from offices at NC1. Travel is around 2.5 hours one way on bus which leaves 635am. Even if you arrive in middle of night you are still expected to go work. Travel back from NC1 is less, say 1.5 hours. Leaves at 530pm
+some of us got moved to NC2 quickly. This is 2/3* in comparison, has everything you need, tea, kettle, storage, shower, soap, sofa bed, TV, bed. No complaints. Bed is hard so maybe bring mattress cover.
+Food is amazing, everything you want/can eat. Watch out waistline.
+everyone is super friendly
+You have to be a self starter and work stuff out for yourself otherwise you will not survive. HR systems take a few days, eventually it works. Nobody will meet you at gate. Check into accommodation, find food. Ask questions. First day at NC1, work out where you need to go, collect IT, find food, find your office. Nobody will hold your hand so work it out its not hard. DO NOT FORGET your pass. It all takes time so don't expect it to work straight away. Be patient.
+ Not everyone got picked up from airport, its a bit hit and miss. bring cash and get taxi if in emergency.
+ You get an email in transit about where you will be staying, just go with it and they will change you when they can. Some of us got moved from OXAGON to NC2 within days. Others are still there. I hear others are in hotels. They are building accommodation fast at NC2.
+You also get an email about pick up when you are flying. There was some confusion with my pick up but it all worked out just fine.
+Not everyone's suitcases turned up. Pack carry on clothes otherwise you might be wearing the same clothes for 7 days or longer.
+I am now here at NC2, today i will hopefully meet some people and work out how this camp works. I already booked a massage and hair cut...
Old Jan 13th 2023, 9:19 am
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All. I am expected to land in Neom around April, and my wife will be joining me. I wondered if you could support this thread by answering the questions my wife has below, or joining in the conversation with your comments, thoughts, experiences, etc...

1. As a partner / wife, is there anything to do during the day? What type of things are there to do? Are there groups to join when partners are working, etc...
2. Is there access for partners to use the facilities that Neom employees have, such as the gym, swimming pool, restaurant, etc...
3. My wife is very arty / crafty, so is there an opportunity to do this or perhaps support the local school (what she does currently in the UK).
4. That kind of stuff......

Thank you :-)

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2023 at 11:58 am. Reason: Formatting removed to make it easier to read
Old Jan 13th 2023, 11:42 am
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent post. Thank you!
Old Jan 13th 2023, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

cluck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cluck
This forum has been so helpful, here is my experience since arriving at NEOM on Sunday 8 January 2023.
+HR will email you a code to access sites, make sure you print it out or have it on phone or you won't get into any sites under any circumstances
+ If arriving at an KSA airport, get a sim card in the airport of transit even if you have to exit arrivals and come back into departures otherwise you have to arrange to go to nearest town which is very difficult for new starters with taxi's etc which are somewhat unrealiable
+a few new starters arriving close timings got put in OXAGON. This is 5* luxuary BUT very far from offices at NC1. Travel is around 2.5 hours one way on bus which leaves 635am. Even if you arrive in middle of night you are still expected to go work. Travel back from NC1 is less, say 1.5 hours. Leaves at 530pm
+some of us got moved to NC2 quickly. This is 2/3* in comparison, has everything you need, tea, kettle, storage, shower, soap, sofa bed, TV, bed. No complaints. Bed is hard so maybe bring mattress cover.
+You have to be a self starter and work stuff out for yourself otherwise you will not survive. HR systems take a few days, eventually it works. Nobody will meet you at gate. Check into accommodation, find food. Ask questions. First day at NC1, work out where you need to go, collect IT, find food, find your office. Nobody will hold your hand so work it out its not hard. DO NOT FORGET your pass. It all takes time so don't expect it to work straight away. Be patient.
+ Not everyone got picked up from airport, its a bit hit and miss. bring cash and get taxi if in emergency.
+ You get an email in transit about where you will be staying, just go with it and they will change you when they can. Some of us got moved from OXAGON to NC2 within days. Others are still there. I hear others are in hotels. They are building accommodation fast at NC2.
+You also get an email about pick up when you are flying. There was some confusion with my pick up but it all worked out just fine.
+Not everyone's suitcases turned up. Pack carry on clothes otherwise you might be wearing the same clothes for 7 days or longer.
+I am now here at NC2, today i will hopefully meet some people and work out how this camp works. I already booked a massage and hair cut...
First day of weekend. Found SPA, booked massage (AUD$85). Found food and was not tempted by the range of EVERYTHING on offer (which actually far beats the recent hotel i stayed in for Christmas at an exclusive Sydney Harbour Hotel). Walked out of camp and found some great big mountains/hills and climbed up them. Came back and found the pool which is heated to around 32 degrees. Now I am waiting to for dinner to open where I will likely eat EVERYTHING tonight. Then I will work out how the TV works, so far its beyond me so I'm hoping to meet somebody nice to help me. Re what is their to do... seems like pool, beach etc. I am yet to work out sports clubs and socials. That is tomorrows job.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 12:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

First day of weekend. Found SPA, booked massage (AUD$85). Found food and was not tempted by the range of EVERYTHING on offer (which actually far beats the recent hotel i stayed in for Christmas at an exclusive Sydney Harbour Hotel). Walked out of camp and found some great big mountains/hills and climbed up them. Came back and found the pool which is heated to around 32 degrees. Now I am waiting to for dinner to open where I will likely eat EVERYTHING tonight. Then I will work out how the TV works, so far its beyond me so I'm hoping to meet somebody nice to help me. Re what is their to do... seems like pool, beach etc. I am yet to work out sports clubs and socials. That is tomorrows job.
It's really nice of you to post all that first-hand information, I'm sure a lot of people will find it extremely helpful.
Best of luck in your new country and job, I hope you have a wonderful adventure!
Old Jan 13th 2023, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

enpala92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krb
Hi All. I am expected to land in Neom around April, and my wife will be joining me. I wondered if you could support this thread by answering the questions my wife has below, or joining in the conversation with your comments, thoughts, experiences, etc...

1. As a partner / wife, is there anything to do during the day? What type of things are there to do? Are there groups to join when partners are working, etc...
2. Is there access for partners to use the facilities that Neom employees have, such as the gym, swimming pool, restaurant, etc...
3. My wife is very arty / crafty, so is there an opportunity to do this or perhaps support the local school (what she does currently in the UK).

+1 on this... looking for feedback from partner/wife living in NC1/NC2
Old Jan 13th 2023, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Call 8888 - they will come set the TV up for you. They are usually very quick and efficient.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cluck, thanks for sharing this I think it provides an excellent insite into what to expect upon arrival for first few days. Hoping to be arriving myself within the next two weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has taken the initial flight out as London Heathrow direct to Neom Bay on a Sunday at 5.5hrs duration. Not sure if using this option, can you get Sim Card from Neom Bay Airport or would you then need to go to Tabuk to obtain?
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Krb
Is there a thread for ‘wives, partners, etc…’

My wife will be joining me in Neom and she is asking if there is a thread in this forum to ask questions, get feedback, etc.. she is a little nervous, so wants to connect. Rightly so :-)

Thanks.
Let her know she's free to message me if she likes.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Webby1966
Hi Cluck, thanks for sharing this I think it provides an excellent insite into what to expect upon arrival for first few days. Hoping to be arriving myself within the next two weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has taken the initial flight out as London Heathrow direct to Neom Bay on a Sunday at 5.5hrs duration. Not sure if using this option, can you get Sim Card from Neom Bay Airport or would you then need to go to Tabuk to obtain?
Hi - I am flying out from Heathrow to Neom on Sunday. I asked the same question and was told that you can't get a sim at Neom airport, and have to arrange to travel to Tabuk to get that sorted.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Antony92
Hi - I am flying out from Heathrow to Neom on Sunday. I asked the same question and was told that you can't get a sim at Neom airport, and have to arrange to travel to Tabuk to get that sorted.
STC are coming to NEOM on Sunday 15th to Tuesday 17th, 6PM to 10PM at the Rec Centre in NC1 Expansion. They will be in NC2 on Wednesday 18th 6pm to 10pm in the rec centre. You can get a SIM there hopefully.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
STC are coming to NEOM on Sunday 15th to Tuesday 17th, 6PM to 10PM at the Rec Centre in NC1 Expansion. They will be in NC2 on Wednesday 18th 6pm to 10pm in the rec centre. You can get a SIM there hopefully.
That is brilliant - thank you. I will look into that although it means I may have to taxi back to the Duba hotel I am staying at afterwards as the I believe the Neom bus leaves at 17:30!!
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Krb

My answers are related to living at NC1. I can't speak for the other camps as I've never lived there.

1) Yes, plenty. Exercise classes are popular. Coffee mornings. There's usually some kind of activity going on. The wives community is tight and looks out for one another. She'll be taken care of.
2) Yes to all. We have access to all facilities.
3) There are several arty/crafty wives on camp who like to arrange activities, she will be welcomed. Not sure what opportunities there are with the school but it's such a friendly environment, she can reach out once she arrives and perhaps arrange something with them.

Another note: there is a lovely volunteer group that works to specifically welcome non-working spouses and introduce them to friends, take them around the community and make them feel welcome.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Antony92
That is brilliant - thank you. I will look into that although it means I may have to taxi back to the Duba hotel I am staying at afterwards as the I believe the Neom bus leaves at 17:30!!
Lucky for you there is an STC shop in Duba open from 09:00 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 21:00 Sunday to Thursday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.