Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Oct 18th 2022, 4:05 am
Just Joined

lusapal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Leon1976
I haven't seen much about Oxagon in this thread.
Most probably/hopefully going to work in the port.
Having my second interview tomorrow, all happens a bit fast within a weeks time from sending my resume to the chat.
And i can't find much about Oxagon, are those different camps from NEOM community?
If anyone could share some experience about Oxagon please, thanks
Hi Leon1976 ,
I hope your recruitment process is going well.
I am also going to Oxagon in December (currently in the last stage of getting the work visa), and there is not much information about the life there in the camp (it's called NIC "Neom Industrial City" or Oxagon Camp).
It would be great if someone has info about the life in Oxagon, access to shopping, Amazon deliveries, etc?
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 18th 2022, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lusapal
Hi Leon1976 ,
I hope your recruitment process is going well.
I am also going to Oxagon in December (currently in the last stage of getting the work visa), and there is not much information about the life there in the camp (it's called NIC "Neom Industrial City" or Oxagon Camp).
It would be great if someone has info about the life in Oxagon, access to shopping, Amazon deliveries, etc?
Thanks in advance
Oxagon is nice. It is a lot smaller than the other communities. During the day its busy because all of the contractors (Parsons etc) work out of the offices there. However, after 5pm it is empty and very quiet.

The dining hall is a nice size, the food is good too and I wont get sick of eating outside and watching the sea and the ships pass by on their way to/from Duba port.

i think the cabins there are very nice, probably larger than in NC1, however they are in semi detached style.

I cant answer any questions about packages and deliveries, I dont see why it would be any different to the other communities. Oxagon area surrounding the community itself is under construction, with a lot of groundworks and roadworks ongoing in preparation for the building to begin.

There is beach volleyball, tennis and football courts.

It is close to Duba which is handy for supermarkets, restaurants etc and some 'life' in the evenings and weekends.

Its about 40 minutes from the airport, so similar to NC1/NC2.

It depends what you are after, i would say its a lot quieter than NC1/NC2 in the evenings and weekends, but that may suit you.

Disclaimer: I dont live there so cant answer more than that. I have visited numerous times for work so what I have written above is a combination of experience from those visits and from talking to people who live there.

Hope this helps.

Old Oct 18th 2022, 5:28 am
Just Joined

lusapal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Oxagon is nice. It is a lot smaller than the other communities. During the day its busy because all of the contractors (Parsons etc) work out of the offices there. However, after 5pm it is empty and very quiet.

The dining hall is a nice size, the food is good too and I wont get sick of eating outside and watching the sea and the ships pass by on their way to/from Duba port.

i think the cabins there are very nice, probably larger than in NC1, however they are in semi detached style.

I cant answer any questions about packages and deliveries, I dont see why it would be any different to the other communities. Oxagon area surrounding the community itself is under construction, with a lot of groundworks and roadworks ongoing in preparation for the building to begin.

There is beach volleyball, tennis and football courts.

It is close to Duba which is handy for supermarkets, restaurants etc and some 'life' in the evenings and weekends.

Its about 40 minutes from the airport, so similar to NC1/NC2.

It depends what you are after, i would say its a lot quieter than NC1/NC2 in the evenings and weekends, but that may suit you.

Disclaimer: I dont live there so cant answer more than that. I have visited numerous times for work so what I have written above is a combination of experience from those visits and from talking to people who live there.

Hope this helps.
Thank you sZeroCool_HTP , first insightful information that I've got about living in Oxagon, very helpful!
Old Oct 19th 2022, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Jiao23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there, does anyone know the best way to bring my dog to NEOM from London? Any trusted pet relocating company that you would recommended? I am going there in Feb/Mar 2023 so would like to plan my way forward. Many thanks indeed and in advance.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jiao23
Hello there, does anyone know the best way to bring my dog to NEOM from London? Any trusted pet relocating company that you would recommended? I am going there in Feb/Mar 2023 so would like to plan my way forward. Many thanks indeed and in advance.
Will DM you some details.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lfqopati
Hi everyone,

all of you who relocated from Uk or another European country, how often are you travelling to you origin country to see family if you not having families with you at NEOM?

what does the travel allowance mean? A ticket per year, a cash allowance so you get you tickets?

how do you commute between the NEOM camp and the airport?

thank you
The travel allowance is money paid into your account, worked out based on the average flight ticket to your home country.
Shuttle bus run between NC1 & 2 from 7AM to 10PM. Car rental is available onsite. Buses are available between NEOM and the airport, and there are buses to Tabuk during the weekend.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
I'm in one of those units so they are definitely being used. There seems to have been a couple of big tranches of movement over the last couple of weekends - I guess as the new units have been handed over.
I have been told that NC1 will be given to new employees with school enrolment. The NC2 box will be very challenging for my wife and my dog.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jiao23
I have been told that NC1 will be given to new employees with school enrolment. The NC2 box will be very challenging for my wife and my dog.
Yes that is true at the moment, I was in NC2 until my daughter was accepted in the school and then ended up in NC1 the week after, but I know some people without kids who stay in NC2 for 9 or 10 months. From what I have seen though it isn't a hard and fast rule as they bring units on line in large batches so some people are here for 6 months and then move across with people who have been here 3 months, it all depends on when new units are available.

There are couples, dogs and even families in NC2 and they seem to be doing ok, although I agree it would be very difficult as although I found the NC2 room fine for me by myself I wouldn't like to try and share it as it is literally just a room and bathroom like a hotel. They have said they are looking to build more units based on the current need and expansion predictions but they couldn't give any more information, and mentioned having to get designs and plans signed off - so I am assuming it won't be for quite a while.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Irl1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I will be joining in January from Ireland.
the visa agency given to me by my onboarder appears to not be operating anymore.

Does anyone have an alternative visa agency they can suggest/ have experience with?

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2022, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irl1234
Hi All,

the visa agency given to me by my onboarder appears to not be operating anymore.

Does anyone have an alternative visa agency they can suggest/ have experience with?

Thanks
I think the Saudi Embassy in London UK can handle the Irish applications. Speak to A1 visas, they are great.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CrazyJohn
I was waiting until last week for a similar amount of time between my verbal and written offer. Last week however I was told that a number of departments and sectors have hit their hiring quotas for this year and that hiring will recommence in Q1 next year. I have understood from a couple of sources that quite a few people are caught up in this.
I dont know how true or widespread this statement is. The onboarding time for new recruits can be lengthy, therefore managers are preparing new roles to go out to the market, interviewing for people to join early in 2023 etc

I certainly wouldnt be put off or disheartened by the slow process, it takes time, for everyone.
Old Oct 19th 2022, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
I think the Saudi Embassy in London UK can handle the Irish applications. Speak to A1 visas, they are great.
Thanks very much! Appreciate it
Old Oct 19th 2022, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Lfqopati is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irl1234
Hi All,

Thanks
is the onboarder contact happening after the HireRight checks? I’ve upload all info to HireRight 3 days a go, got an offer 2 days before the first email from HoreRight, but never got a contact from onborder team.

Old Oct 19th 2022, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Lfqopati is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Once every 1 or 2 months seems to be the standard amount, it depends where your families are, some people with families in Dubai go twice a month. If your family is in the UK you lose almost an entire day getting there and back so you can't exactly head back for a weekend.

Travel allowance is the average cost of a return ticket to your home base which is paid in the January pay.

There are busses that run from the camps to the Airports, The buses to Neom Bay Airport are timed to meet the flights (As there aren't many and the entire plane is Neom staff) the busses to Tabuk are less aligned but there are taxis available (and often people looking for a taxi share.)
thank you so much.

yes, once a month or every 5 or 6 weeks travelling to Uk would be great; however, I do understand the travelling Allowance being 1 return ticket per year, right? I am find that not being reasonable for people not relocating with families.

I had other expat experiences and I had far much more tickets to visit family

thanking you in advance
Old Oct 19th 2022, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lfqopati
is the onboarder contact happening after the HireRight checks? I’ve upload all info to HireRight 3 days a go, got an offer 2 days before the first email from HoreRight, but never got a contact from onborder team.
I uploaded my documents to HireRight and was asked concurrently for an onboarding call which took place a few days later because that’s when I was available. Sounds like you will be contacted very shortly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.