NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Aug 23rd 2022, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JayVeeBee
Hi ALL,

I've recently cleared the Background Check and have been asked to resign & confirm my start date. I've advised my onboarder that I will resign & estimate a start date once I've received my contract & the other visa documents from Neom (been told these documents will take 2-weeks......).

For those on the ground, when did you resign?

Thanks - J
Not on the ground yet (Hopefully next month) but I resigned after I did my medical (As I also believed it would take 2 weeks to get all the documents) I received the documents after a couple of weeks but I had to wait 2 months for a letter to do with my degree. In the end I had to go back in and change my start date (Originally I planned to arrive last week but decided to stay until September so I would be here for my daughters birthday (As it looks like it may be a couple of years until my family can join me.)
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 12:22 am
Just Joined

wiseman231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Claud123

Thats exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Thanks a ton. You are a legend.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Thanks for your insight, Great to hear some experience from further along the line that a lot of us are at.

If I can ask a more personal question, how do you make the 1 bed work? Does the front room convert to a bedroom? Is it a sofa bed? How many bathrooms does it have?

My wife is worried about trying to fit into a 1 bed unit as we have 1 child and 1 dog. I know it is a bit of a frivolous position but asking my family to move from our current 4 bed family home to not having a living room is a bit too much for me to do, I have also been told that as we only have 1 child we would be the bottom of the priority list for 2 bed units and given the number of people coming in all the time I can't see how we would ever get one?
There's a good-size L-shape convertible to sofa bed (slightly smaller than a queen size). Our 8 year old sleeps there. We've brought 1 medium size luggage worth of toys and books and they all fit well underneath the storage in the other section of the sofa. Once the sofa bed is laid out, there's pretty much no more space left in the living room. One minor issue is that there's only 2 dining chairs. Not a problem for now because we always eat in the dining hall but we might need to buy at least a foldable chair later on.

The cabin is compact but properly laid out. The space on top of the main wardrobe can fit at least 6 luggages, to give you an idea. No need to bring any soft linens (towels and blankets), as housekeeping and laundry comes 2x a week. Maybe some beach towels for the beach but that's it. There's 2 sets of dining cutleries and cooking essentials. We've brought some plastics cutleries (again, not a lot!) for our child. The only major thing that we have bought so far is a Nespresso machine. They also provide a covered decent size storage box located in the balcony for your outdoor and beach gears. Hope this help! Good luck on the move.

One last thing, only 1 bathroom, we're still getting the hang of it

Last edited by Anshjo3; Aug 23rd 2022 at 2:13 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 6:50 am
Just Joined

JayVeeBee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Not on the ground yet (Hopefully next month) but I resigned after I did my medical (As I also believed it would take 2 weeks to get all the documents) I received the documents after a couple of weeks but I had to wait 2 months for a letter to do with my degree. In the end I had to go back in and change my start date (Originally I planned to arrive last week but decided to stay until September so I would be here for my daughters birthday (As it looks like it may be a couple of years until my family can join me.)
Thanks Evilbungle.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
We've recently moved from UAE, hope these insights will help you out with your decision to move:
1. My husband has stayed in NC2 for 6 months and has moved to 1 Bedroom cabin in NC1 recently. NC1 expansion is still pretty much a construction site, so realistically speaking, we don't expect to move to 2Br cabin for another 3-4months.
2. NC2 studio is just not viable for family even with 1 kid. We've visited my husband for 2 nights and it's just too cramped for 2 persons. NC2 community is also not designed to have kids. There's no playground and except for the pool, small kids will not have any place to play. Bus shuttle between NC1 and NC2 is about 30mins.
3. New school will open in November. It should allow them to double their current student intake.
4.We've opened a freezone company in Fujairah to keep all our residency. This has helped as we didn't have to close dewa, etisalat and bank accounts while in transition.

Having first hand experience of how the onboarding has worked for us, my personal opinion is to try to confirm the school space for your son (or for his name to be put on waitlist) at the soonest and be prepared to fly in and move with your husband as soon as he's been given 1 bedroom cabin in NC1. It seems that it's easier to get 2 bedroom cabins once the family is physically here. If you manage your expectations, 1 BR will suffice temporarily for family with 2 small kids. The children can stay in school until 5.45 pm (after school care is free) and with cooking, laundry and housekeeping already taken care of, you're all sorted. Keep it light and bring only the necessary stuffs. We're family of 3 and we've only used half of the available cupboards and closets. Amazon.sa is efficient and there's no need to bring a lot of stuffs. Lulu Supermarket is also open in NC1 and they give you option to order from Lulu (Tabuk) online and they will arrange collection the next day.

My husband's onboarding phase took 6 months from first contact. Give or take another 6months to be allocated 1br cabin in NC1, you are looking at about at least year from now until you can move in with your husband. Flydubai flies Dubai-Tabuk several days a week, and this should help with your husband's commute.

There's been few minor hiccups during our journey but I personally believe that onboarding and HR are doing a good job, considering the number of new and ongoing employees' requirements that they have to deal with. Try to be as flexible as you can (e.g. start advising your landlord about closing contract and possible extension if needed, flexible nursery enrolment for your child, de-clutter, sell stuffs etc). Hope these help. Good luck!
I like your positivity.
And agree with what you say re onboarding.
Welcome to NC1.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

DariaM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys! Can you please share your experience on how long it took from verbal job confirmation to the offer? 10 days ago I was told by hiring manager that they will offer me the role, now waiting for the info & link to upload docs. Is this waiting time pretty normal? Thanks!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DariaM
Hi guys! Can you please share your experience on how long it took from verbal job confirmation to the offer? 10 days ago I was told by hiring manager that they will offer me the role, now waiting for the info & link to upload docs. Is this waiting time pretty normal? Thanks!

From hearing from prospective hires back in Australia now, they waited nearly 2.5mths to receive the official offer after the verbal..
Patience required.......
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Interview to notification that I would receive an offer was 5 days. Then 6 days later I got the official written offer. Notification that background checks were complete and that I could resign was another 7 days.
Old Aug 24th 2022, 1:03 am
Just Joined

AE2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DariaM
I recently went through this - it took two weeks for them to send me the link to apply after the confirmation to proceed... and the same day I was asked to upload the docs. Two days later I was given a verbal offer. 2.5 weeks after that I received the written offer. Hang in there...
Old Aug 24th 2022, 1:06 am
Just Joined

tuxedokosovo is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have to attest your certification from a country where you are not currently living please share your experience or inbox me please. I have some queries which might need your experience<br />thanks.
For my case, I am living in the UK and will apply visa from UK but required to attest my korean degree. Kissflow advised me to contact VHS Taheel but it is not straight forward in their website

Last edited by tuxedokosovo; Aug 24th 2022 at 1:11 am. Reason: update
Old Aug 26th 2022, 1:22 am
Just Joined

CrazyJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo
Anyone have to attest your certification from a country where you are not currently living please share your experience or inbox me please. I have some queries which might need your experience<br />thanks.
For my case, I am living in the UK and will apply visa from UK but required to attest my korean degree. Kissflow advised me to contact VHS Taheel but it is not straight forward in their website
I have a similar situation and emailed the Saudi embassy in The Netherlands. They replied within a day, nicely explaining what I need to do.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 7:37 am
Just Joined

CanadianAtNEOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

In the background check phase now, anyone at NEOM Sport?
Old Aug 26th 2022, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries mate hope it works out.
Old Aug 29th 2022, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hash
How did you guys (who got the job with NEOM) have been hired through a headhunter or via applying through NEOM website?

just wondering and thanks for the help in advance.
Almost everyone I ask have been approached by headhunters/recruiters
Old Aug 29th 2022, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone here has Procurement Experience and looking for a new opportunity, reply to my message. The company I work for has many openings in KSA (NEOM PIF, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.