Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Aug 9th 2022, 2:15 am
  #706  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 39
Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by max_2000
It's hit and miss. I gave them 2.5 weeks notice and received confirmation a week before I flew out.
Send them specific info a few weeks in advance. Tell them exactly what flight you want to be on, this should make it easier for them to book. Copy in a few people too, that usually gets them moving.
Thanks for this info. Do you think it is better to give them more notice, like a month, or a few weeks would be better? I am supposed to start in September, so am thinking how to better approach this challenging logistics... lol
Chrisreak is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2022, 2:46 am
  #707  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 6
max_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Ok, didn't think about that, but a good plan.

Has anyone flown with any other airline or do they only use Saudia? I assume you can't see the Riyadh to Neom section of the flight? (At least it has never come up when I have been searching.) Are these at a regular time? (By that I mean do I need to find a flight that gets into Riyadh at X:XXPM to be sure to make it to Neom)
You can fly any other airline, I flew Emirates to Dubai, then FlyDubai to Riyadh, then Riyadh to Neom in Saudia. The timing worked well for me as I dint fancy staying in a hotel over night.
Use Sky Scanner, month view to see the flights to Neom from Riyadh, they are on fixed days and times.
Note that when you get to Riyadh, you will have to collect your bag and check back in at terminal 5. There is a free bus that goes from outside the terminal 1 (where you will be).
There will be some Saudi's at the airport arrival in the traditional gear, they look official and will offer to help. DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR HELP! They are not officials and they will ask you for a commission to direct you to the bus stand! Shamefully, I got ripped off! Do not let them follow you either, because they perceive that as help!!
max_2000 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2022, 1:12 pm
  #708  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 39
Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

I just received an email from Hire Right saying they have finalised my background check and NEOM is asking me to resign from my current job... I don't really have any signed contract with them... so when is it safe to resign? How long will it take for the visa process and the degree attestation?

Really helpful forum!
Scott78 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2022, 1:40 pm
  #709  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 39
Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Scott78
I just received an email from Hire Right saying they have finalised my background check and NEOM is asking me to resign from my current job... I don't really have any signed contract with them... so when is it safe to resign? How long will it take for the visa process and the degree attestation?

Really helpful forum!
Congrats! Do not resign yet, the attestation takes quite a bit of time. So, better resign after you get your visa, or at the earliest when the agency submits an application to the embassy.
Chrisreak is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2022, 7:28 pm
  #710  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 90
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Scott78
I just received an email from Hire Right saying they have finalised my background check and NEOM is asking me to resign from my current job... I don't really have any signed contract with them... so when is it safe to resign? How long will it take for the visa process and the degree attestation?

Really helpful forum!
I said I wouldn't resign until after I had completed the medical etc... (My Assumption was that I would then have everything I needed for the Visa application) As it turns out this still led to a few sleepless nights as my medical was over a month before I got the documents I needed.
Obviously it will depend on how long your notice period is, but I wouldn't bet on getting everything from Neom in under two months, I have heard that it happens, but have also heard a lot worse stories.
Evilbungle is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2022, 8:45 pm
  #711  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 6
NeomSands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Would anyone mind sharing the size/dimensions of the 1 beds in NC1?
NeomSands is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 3:39 am
  #712  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 6
renchesbijo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi Everyone,
I had my interview in June this year and got the verbal approval? Have been waiting for the official feedback since then. Anyone with similar experience, how long did you have to wait to get the official interview feedback?
renchesbijo is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 5:15 am
  #713  
Forum Regular
 
Gulf_European's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 61
Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Ok, didn't think about that, but a good plan.

Has anyone flown with any other airline or do they only use Saudia? I assume you can't see the Riyadh to Neom section of the flight? (At least it has never come up when I have been searching.) Are these at a regular time? (By that I mean do I need to find a flight that gets into Riyadh at X:XXPM to be sure to make it to Neom)
You can check flight times to NEOM through Flight Connections website. Check for NUM airport
Gulf_European is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 9:48 am
  #714  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 28
thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by renchesbijo
Hi Everyone,
I had my interview in June this year and got the verbal approval? Have been waiting for the official feedback since then. Anyone with similar experience, how long did you have to wait to get the official interview feedback?
I've been in a holding pattern since June as well. I've sent multiple emails to no avail. I'm going to keep on waiting.
thorshammer is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 11:05 am
  #715  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 39
Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

My process started in January... and I'm currently getting my degree atested... it's very frustrating.
My interview process took 5 months, I had 3 different interviews, 1 month after the verbal confirmation I received the offer, and the on-boarding journey started 1 month after that.
Scott78 is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 5:37 pm
  #716  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2022
Posts: 9
tuxedokosovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

is there anyone here from UK did your degree attestation from Korea degree?
please inbox me if possible? thanks in advance for your support.
tuxedokosovo is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 5:59 pm
  #717  
Forum Regular
 
Gulf_European's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 61
Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by alloush2828
I tried to call and the only way to talk to someone is after one has shared their personal data and bank info. I cannot reach them before. Where you able to have a conversation with anyone prior to paying?
Dont know about this - surely you should be able to ask someone general questions about their services without sharing payment details?
Gulf_European is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2022, 6:13 pm
  #718  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 6
max_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by renchesbijo
Hi Everyone,
I had my interview in June this year and got the verbal approval? Have been waiting for the official feedback since then. Anyone with similar experience, how long did you have to wait to get the official interview feedback?
On average it takes about 7/8 month for you to get here from initial contact. I understand the frustration and anxiety as I went through it. It's just extremely slow, it will happen but will take time, you just have to be patient. Drop them an email every two weeks just to give them a friendly nudge. Your manger on this side is probably hounding HR to move faster too... Unfortunately HR is under resourced...
max_2000 is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2022, 8:41 am
  #719  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 53
Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Guys, I am here and once you are here it’s all worth. Have faith and just be patient. Don’t over think as everything will work out. The patience needs to continue when you are out here as quite a few things take time.

flights was the most stressful but I got 36 hours notice for my flight and I was packed ready to go so I had my forth goodbye dinner with family and then flew off. Hell of a journey.

riyadh and jeddah and Dammam all fly to neom on certain days. Also u can go tabuk and you’ll get a taxi booked to neom from there.

don’t fall for the riyadh trick. Happened to me where I was charged 100 riyals for a ten min ride which was actually a personal car. He tried to up the price to 150 in the car but I pushed back. So be careful. They dress in National attire - white outfit with the red and black headdress. So be careful.

keep an ironed shirt with u as no iron here but u can ask housekeeping to do it. No need for anything other than a travel iron maybe for Day one if you’re very good.

People are great and easy to chat to
ppl. Food i good. Work is good. Well worth the move. Bring a hat and shades. You’ll need other. Maybe some linen bits as that’s saved me in the heat. I usually struggle in dubai heat but im out midday between buildings and fine in 45degree.

get your esim sorted before u leave if u want easy access to uk phone. Other than that good luck.
Laguna_1 is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2022, 8:50 am
  #720  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saff_Parker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 330
Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
Guys, I am here and once you are here it’s all worth. Have faith and just be patient. Don’t over think as everything will work out. The patience needs to continue when you are out here as quite a few things take time.

flights was the most stressful but I got 36 hours notice for my flight and I was packed ready to go so I had my forth goodbye dinner with family and then flew off. Hell of a journey.

riyadh and jeddah and Dammam all fly to neom on certain days. Also u can go tabuk and you’ll get a taxi booked to neom from there.

don’t fall for the riyadh trick. Happened to me where I was charged 100 riyals for a ten min ride which was actually a personal car. He tried to up the price to 150 in the car but I pushed back. So be careful. They dress in National attire - white outfit with the red and black headdress. So be careful.

keep an ironed shirt with u as no iron here but u can ask housekeeping to do it. No need for anything other than a travel iron maybe for Day one if you’re very good.

People are great and easy to chat to
ppl. Food i good. Work is good. Well worth the move. Bring a hat and shades. You’ll need other. Maybe some linen bits as that’s saved me in the heat. I usually struggle in dubai heat but im out midday between buildings and fine in 45degree.

get your esim sorted before u leave if u want easy access to uk phone. Other than that good luck.
Welcome
Saff_Parker is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.