Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 21st 2022, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Expat_Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by kikwok
how long did you have your degree being attested? did you go through the agent or did you go direct to the embassy? Cheers.
My degree is from the UK so used an agency in London (A1 Services) - in total it has taken 6 weeks including obtaining approval from UKSACB website.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Makiavelli
Gents and ladies, what are the rates (average) for car rental on site at NEOM?
Many of people are renting or mostly driving the bus to the office?
Do somebody has the car as a part of their package?

Each team here is allocated with a number of cars to be used amongst us. New rules in place from last week however mean only people with KSA licenses can drive them, so there is a mad rush right now for us all go to get our licenses so we can drive them.

We usually car pool in the mornings and afternoons to get & from the office at NC1 from NC2, however the bus transportation is perfectly fine too. It takes about 10 minutes longer on the bus.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Each team here is allocated with a number of cars to be used amongst us. New rules in place from last week however mean only people with KSA licenses can drive them, so there is a mad rush right now for us all go to get our licenses so we can drive them.

We usually car pool in the mornings and afternoons to get & from the office at NC1 from NC2, however the bus transportation is perfectly fine too. It takes about 10 minutes longer on the bus.
Do you know how long it takes to get a KSA license?
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expat_Traveller
Do you know how long it takes to get a KSA license?
You need to get your IQAMA first. So depends on your long this takes before you can start the process.
Then you need a medical test (to determine blood type etc)
Then you need to pay the official fees (you need a KSA bank account in order to do this)
Then you go to the Driving Registry office and do the paper work and verification of documents.

Its a lot of admin, but i can say that it would probably be done within a month of you moving here if all goes well.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
We're not forced to do anything. We knew about it when moving here. For us personally, the benefits outweigh the (in my opinion) minimal rent.
Hi, I saw you were in the family cabin and wanted to know how long it took you to get on of these? Is there a waiting list for them?

I understand there is a charge of 4k per month but I just would like to know the process of getting one and how long it takes etc... as I am planning on bringing the family out after my arrival.

TIA
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I saw you were in the family cabin and wanted to know how long it took you to get on of these? Is there a waiting list for them?

I understand there is a charge of 4k per month but I just would like to know the process of getting one and how long it takes etc... as I am planning on bringing the family out after my arrival.

TIA

It is linked to the school enrolment process.
Without the confirmed enrollment in the school, there is no way to get a family unit.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys

In the final few weeks of my notice period, degree has just been attested so I now need to start the process for my work visa for KSA. Just wanted to check if anyone else has done this whilst in the UAE?

NEOM have provided an agency called ASCS to complete the process from Dubai however, I have received an invoice from them and their prices are ridiculous. Are we obliged to use them as I have another agency I can use who are considerable cheaper?

On another note, anyone on this forum travel back and forth Dubai? What is the best routes?

Thanks in advance.
I was given the same agency from NEOM and also thought the price I had to pay was ridiculous ($1500 which apparently is 75% of the total cost). But probably should have questioned if I need to use them or can go with someone else. The ridiculous thing is that they are using CIBT as the "local office" of my home country, so in the end I could have just gone through CIBT myself? Already paid so too late for that...

They are doing my degree attestation, and it's taking forever. According to their estimation, I'll be 3 weeks off my notice period (3 months notice period!) by the time it's all done. Avoid them if you can.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Saudiexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
There really isnt any good routes to Dubai in terms of time/duration. The minimum travel time from NEOM to DXB is 8hrs door to door.
Depending on what day you travel, there are options on Thursday afternoon from Neom Bay to Jeddah or Riyadh then onto Dubai. Any other day, you're having to go through Tabuk to Jeddah/Riyadh then Dubai.

Its painful, but obviously doable..
i believe NEOM pay for your visa and medical but not your degree attestation. At least this is what the PDF onboarding brochure stated, no?
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Saudiexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain a multi-entry exit permit from NEOM?

Also, do you need a booster shot after 3 or 8 months to go into NEOM offices?
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
I have a 4 year old and 2 year old.
Warm lunch is provided at the school for my kids but I send my 2 year old in with a packed lunch.
I posted a video of my 2 bedroom cabin on Instagram and a fellow Neom resident uploaded it to her account - @siselarabia
You can see it on her Stories about Neom Life.
If you search for my posts I've written several things about life as a family here which may answer some of your questions.
If you have other questions that haven't been answered please feel free to ask.
My overall feeling for Neom, as a mum of two young children, is good. I am happy here and so is my husband.
My wife and I are so thankful about these videos! Thank you so much. Looks really great (we expected them less good tbh).

thanks to your videos we are so relieved and looking forward to come in July. We have a 6 year and a 1 1/2 year old

thanks again to you and siselarabia
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saudiexplorer
i believe NEOM pay for your visa and medical but not your degree attestation. At least this is what the PDF onboarding brochure stated, no?
your relocation allowance covers for all this as it’s paid out in full with your first Neom salary. That’s what the forum says and my Neom onboarding team.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Hey Guys

In the final few weeks of my notice period, degree has just been attested so I now need to start the process for my work visa for KSA. Just wanted to check if anyone else has done this whilst in the UAE?

NEOM have provided an agency called ASCS to complete the process from Dubai however, I have received an invoice from them and their prices are ridiculous. Are we obliged to use them as I have another agency I can use who are considerable cheaper?

On another note, anyone on this forum travel back and forth Dubai? What is the best routes?

Thanks in advance.
I was recommended the same by the onboarder and used them (I am in dubai).

i think it’s pretty fair and all went super smooth. In any case, it’s paid out of your relocation allowance.

inwill use them again for my family visa.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
My wife and I are so thankful about these videos! Thank you so much. Looks really great (we expected them less good tbh).

thanks to your videos we are so relieved and looking forward to come in July. We have a 6 year and a 1 1/2 year old

thanks again to you and siselarabia
I have posted some videos of NC2 and my B Unit cabin as well if you want to check them out.
https://goo.gl/maps/bf4Av3dpyb79dEX69
https://goo.gl/maps/VVnFe6x8koWju2k78
https://goo.gl/maps/UuizTJoZ9oq4L8HY6
https://goo.gl/maps/LXv4qRa9sMtVuf4h6
https://goo.gl/maps/FCj1PZYzp9sgEUYR6
https://goo.gl/maps/NyJKfAjQe2zgjEYx5
https://goo.gl/maps/KGZZvVS7Pu47CJTFA
https://goo.gl/maps/wnNrGhBbt8TYFSjR9

NC1
https://goo.gl/maps/8YK6rZbN7KBW4Hh57

Last edited by Pkingston; Apr 22nd 2022 at 8:40 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point

These are great and super helpful! Any updates on how the NC1 expansion is going and expected move from everyone to NC1?

I've had my flights details sent to me. London to riyadh, then a 20 hour layover before riyadh to neom bay. Is this normal? I will get to neom at 10pm on a Saturday, so are they expecting me to get to work on a Sunday?
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Farhan28
These are great and super helpful! Any updates on how the NC1 expansion is going and expected move from everyone to NC1?

I've had my flights details sent to me. London to riyadh, then a 20 hour layover before riyadh to neom bay. Is this normal? I will get to neom at 10pm on a Saturday, so are they expecting me to get to work on a Sunday?
Yes, that is completely normal unfortunately. I flew from sydney and was on the same flight from RUH to NUM. Landed at 10pm, 11pm at NC2, and in the office the following morning at 9am! It is what it is...

Expansion still going - but there is no information on when we move there. It wont happen any time soon, that's for sure... NC2 is fine anyway; its quieter, same facilities and more laid back.. I wouldn't worry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.