Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 16th 2022, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Saudiexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Yesterday I wrote a post on here confirming the rent for a 2 bed in NC1. I live in one. It is 4k.
Thanks, is there any charge for a 1-bed in NC1 or NC2?
Old Apr 16th 2022, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

flowt69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new here....Appreciate any answers

I will be joining NEOM soon from UK.

1. Do they normally fly us direct to Riyadh with Saudia airline and then on to Tabuk or via Jordan?
2. Do they pay salary into overseas bank account or do I need to open a Saudi bank acct, if so which one do you recommend?

Thanks Marc
Old Apr 16th 2022, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

kikwok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flowt69
Hi Everyone,

1. Do they normally fly us direct to Riyadh with Saudia airline and then on to Tabuk or via Jordan?
2. Do they pay salary into overseas bank account or do I need to open a Saudi bank acct, if so which one do you recommend?

Thanks Marc
Hi there, I am new as well. I will find out more from the onboarding officer this evening when I get to speak with him to understand flight arrangement and also on how do we get paid on the first month.
Old Apr 16th 2022, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flowt69
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Marc
Normally its to Riyadh or Jeddah, and then onto NEOM bay airport which is like 25 mins from NC2.

They will pay everything into foreign bank account until you get your iqama. Once you have this, they expect you to have a saudi bank account setup and they will pay you into this. You wont be able to set it up until you get your iqama number. Most people use SAAB, and you can set it up online and get your card sent to you.
Old Apr 17th 2022, 8:24 am
Just Joined

TommyWelsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to NEOM

Hello !

First time posting here, need some advice. I have taken a job working on NEOM and have been told im moving from the UK at the end of May and my camp will be located in Tabuk :/ (2 Hours away from the site).

Does anyone here live on NC3 ? and can anyone share their experience. ?

Thanks

Tom
Old Apr 17th 2022, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to NEOM

Originally Posted by TommyWelsh
Hello !

First time posting here, need some advice. I have taken a job working on NEOM and have been told im moving from the UK at the end of May and my camp will be located in Tabuk :/ (2 Hours away from the site).

Thanks

Tom

Never heard of NC3 - What project are you working on??
Old Apr 18th 2022, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to NEOM

Originally Posted by TommyWelsh
Hello !

Thanks

Tom
Are you working directly for NEOM. If so, what project/department? Never heard of NC3 either, but can enquire further.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Fuzzy0wuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me a little more about the primary school?
1. When does the new school year begin?
2. Are families guaranteed a spot in the school ?
3. How is the quality in general? (Grade 3 and 7)

Thanks!
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fuzzy0wuzzy
Can anyone tell me a little more about the primary school?
1. When does the new school year begin?
2. Are families guaranteed a spot in the school ?
3. How is the quality in general? (Grade 3 and 7)

Thanks!
Hi
1. 23rd August 2022
2. No there is no guarantee. you need to check with the school if there is still a vacancy. the onboarder can get you in touch with them.
3. I heard its pretty ok. good staff and lots of kids. many after schools activities and lots more. my son is already enrolled for Grade 1 and he will finish daily around 3.45PM. FYI, theres no school uniform neither.

hope this helps

Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Fuzzy0wuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
Hi
1. 23rd August 2022
2. No there is no guarantee. you need to check with the school if there is still a vacancy. the onboarder can get you in touch with them.
3. I heard its pretty ok. good staff and lots of kids. many after schools activities and lots more. my son is already enrolled for Grade 1 and he will finish daily around 3.45PM. FYI, theres no school uniform neither.

hope this helps
Thank you. Thats helpful!
How long were you waitlisted before being granted admission into the school? And for NC1?

Old Apr 20th 2022, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
Hi
1. 23rd August 2022

hope this helps

My daughter is enrolled to commence year 1 in August as well.
Of all the processes involved in the onboarding debacle, the schooling is surprisingly the easiest part!

Old Apr 21st 2022, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Expat_Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys

In the final few weeks of my notice period, degree has just been attested so I now need to start the process for my work visa for KSA. Just wanted to check if anyone else has done this whilst in the UAE?

NEOM have provided an agency called ASCS to complete the process from Dubai however, I have received an invoice from them and their prices are ridiculous. Are we obliged to use them as I have another agency I can use who are considerable cheaper?

On another note, anyone on this forum travel back and forth Dubai? What is the best routes?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

kikwok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expat_Traveller
Hey Guys

In the final few weeks of my notice period, degree has just been attested so I now need to start the process for my work visa for KSA. Just wanted to check if anyone else has done this whilst in the UAE?

NEOM have provided an agency called ASCS to complete the process from Dubai however, I have received an invoice from them and their prices are ridiculous. Are we obliged to use them as I have another agency I can use who are considerable cheaper?

On another note, anyone on this forum travel back and forth Dubai? What is the best routes?

Thanks in advance.
how long did you have your degree being attested? did you go through the agent or did you go direct to the embassy? Cheers.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expat_Traveller
Hey Guys

Thanks in advance.

There really isnt any good routes to Dubai in terms of time/duration. The minimum travel time from NEOM to DXB is 8hrs door to door.
Depending on what day you travel, there are options on Thursday afternoon from Neom Bay to Jeddah or Riyadh then onto Dubai. Any other day, you're having to go through Tabuk to Jeddah/Riyadh then Dubai.

Its painful, but obviously doable..
Old Apr 21st 2022, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Makiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Gents and ladies, what are the rates (average) for car rental on site at NEOM?
Many of people are renting or mostly driving the bus to the office?
Do somebody has the car as a part of their package?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.