Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Mar 18th 2022, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
Really - we know how picky Neom are in bringing in the right hires so they wouldn’t put you in a post above your experience. What’s ur title as it does seem as I also wonder how much of the ins and outs of the accountancy world someone in the embassy would know.

seems like other than stressing yourself about what could happen, stay strong. Escalate to your contact in neom and get them onto it. They also won’t want to lose u at this late stage although am I right in thinking you’ve fronted all the cash so far hence the worry as u don’t get the neom relocation until month 1 end.

hang in there - stay positive.
its completely unexpected - I have doubts on the agent I am using, as to me it seems like they have screwed up. I have raised this with NEOM and now lets see what happens, very nervous and equally upsetting to know about this at the very end.
Not sure if anyone have had to deal with anything like this and how NEOM responded to this. My concern is will NEOM go ahead and send me the letter required by saudi embassy :S?

Yes i paid for the agent fees and everything but tbh at this stage i am not even thinking about that.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adymaster85
its completely unexpected - I have doubts on the agent I am using, as to me it seems like they have screwed up. I have raised this with NEOM and now lets see what happens, very nervous and equally upsetting to know about this at the very end.
Not sure if anyone have had to deal with anything like this and how NEOM responded to this. My concern is will NEOM go ahead and send me the letter required by saudi embassy :S?

Yes i paid for the agent fees and everything but tbh at this stage i am not even thinking about that.
Is it the london embassy? Are you using A1 visas?

I would say not to stress over it, NEOM have their own Government affairs department and it feels like they are quite powerful. Also remember that everyones bonus is KPI related, directors and sector heads have to hit their employment targets each year and there are a lot of roles unfilled at the moment. They simply cant get the calibre of staff they need, and so if you have made it all the way to the visa stage, i would be pretty confident that it will all work out, it may just take a little time to get past this hiccup.

I sympathise with your stress and frustration, just hang in there and see what happens next.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
They simply cant get the calibre of staff they need, and so if you have made it all the way to the visa stage, i would be pretty confident that it will all work out, it may just take a little time to get past this hiccup.
Agree on this, remember that at this stage everyone wants you to succeed and move over there. The heavy lifting has been done already
I'm also at the visa stage and its getting delayed (3 weeks since accepting offer and just now did the agency start the process). But at this point its going to take the time it takes, and I've done all I could (provide them with all documents they required). Unless you are waiting without a job atm, I'd say try and just move with the flow. Things will be back and forth I assume, that's middle east for ya.

As the visa process started, I've been asked to provide my original passport to the local visa agency office. But I kind of need to travel for the next month. Degree attestation is still underway, which is also another thing it says I need to provide. So I'm assuming all these things will be okay to give them at the end, meaning I can make my travels (work related so can't really avoid it) and give everything at the end of next month? How did you guys do it?
Old Mar 18th 2022, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Agree on this, remember that at this stage everyone wants you to succeed and move over there. The heavy lifting has been done already
I'm also at the visa stage and its getting delayed (3 weeks since accepting offer and just now did the agency start the process). But at this point its going to take the time it takes, and I've done all I could (provide them with all documents they required). Unless you are waiting without a job atm, I'd say try and just move with the flow. Things will be back and forth I assume, that's middle east for ya.

As the visa process started, I've been asked to provide my original passport to the local visa agency office. But I kind of need to travel for the next month. Degree attestation is still underway, which is also another thing it says I need to provide. So I'm assuming all these things will be okay to give them at the end, meaning I can make my travels (work related so can't really avoid it) and give everything at the end of next month? How did you guys do it?
I gave them my passport on Monday am and had it back on Thursday PM. I didnt need to do the degree attestation stage though.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Is it the london embassy? Are you using A1 visas?

I would say not to stress over it, NEOM have their own Government affairs department and it feels like they are quite powerful. Also remember that everyones bonus is KPI related, directors and sector heads have to hit their employment targets each year and there are a lot of roles unfilled at the moment. They simply cant get the calibre of staff they need, and so if you have made it all the way to the visa stage, i would be pretty confident that it will all work out, it may just take a little time to get past this hiccup.

I sympathise with your stress and frustration, just hang in there and see what happens next.
Hi There
this forum is really helpful and some very nice people around. Thanks for giving me that much needed positivity I need. TBH since i got to know about this yesterday I was like this is not going to happen but as you said I have gone through the stages to get to this stage so will give it that push and lets see.

how come you didnt had to go through the attestation, did you applied using other educational doc?
Old Mar 18th 2022, 5:33 am
Just Joined

the process is quite tedious tbh, i think you are good to carry on doing your travel related things as you need to have the degree attested, medical done, apply for police certificate which are all needed to be legalised/stamped. once these are all done then you hand in your passport to the agent. all this can take some time. I havent done the degree attestation so mine was quite quick - 2.5 weeks
Old Mar 18th 2022, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

the process is quite tedious tbh, i think you are good to carry on doing your travel related things as you need to have the degree attested, medical done, apply for police certificate which are all needed to be legalised/stamped. once these are all done then you hand in your passport to the agent. all this can take some time. I havent done the degree attestation so mine was quite quick - 2.5 weeks
That's good to hear, thanks! You didnt need to do the degree attestation or had done it from before already?
Old Mar 19th 2022, 2:16 am
Just Joined

That's good to hear, thanks! You didnt need to do the degree attestation or had done it from before already?
I used my Professional Chartered Accountancy Qualification - which only needs to be attested by Saudi Embassy and not SACB (Saudi Cultural Bureau)
Old Mar 19th 2022, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Plotsk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

First of all thanks for this thread I could find a lot of valuable info.

I have been contacted by a headhunter for a role in procurement in NEOM and have a few questions before getting back to him (and see if this is worth moving forward..)

1- From what I read a lot of you guys got a 25-30% vs you previous salary. Now the recruitment agency mentionned to me 15-20%. Any reason? Has the policy recently changed? Or is this a pure procurement thing to get lower increase?
Is this increase on the basis of the Gross Salary or After taxes? That makes a big difference for the folks coming from Europe for ex..

2- the cabins/accommodation : I would be coming alone in the beginning and (after a few months) with my wife and my 2-3 years child.
Are the cabins fine for a family? I heard from the headhunter that I would be given a 1 bedroom cabin - would that be big enough/decent enough for a small familly?
How are the cabins? Are talking about individual/separate cabins or are they "stacked" one on the other/next to the other (=labour camp type of cabins?)? Do you hear you neighbors talking/yawning/or any kind of noise? How is the furniture? How is the quality of the cabins in general? I am not expecting a 5 stars condo, but something decent is vital and I want to avoid sleepless nights because I can hear my neighbours for any single move or because it's too hot/cold etc.

3- from what I read there is neom community 1 and 2. Seems that NEOM Community 1 is full, and most likely I would end up in Community 2. How good or bad is Community 2?

4- is there a possibility to rent a car on site? What cost can you expect for a 1 month car rental (let's say for a basic sedan car)?

5- are there any prospects of developments for the community or area quite soon? ie I understand it's in the middle of nowhere with nothing around. But are we expecting to have some "life" around in the short term? I don't know, like malls, restaurants, "organised" beach, areas for leisure (besides the compound sports amenities..) - can we expect this kind of things in a pretty short term?

6- has anyone an experience or heard anything about working in procurement for Neom? How good or bad it is? Is the job worth it?

7- I understood there would be 2 free flights inside the country per year. How far/accesible is the airport? Any possibility to get to jeddah, Riyadh etc. easily?
I saw on some posts they would open lines with Dubai, Europe etc. Is it from the neom Airport or from tabuk/other cities?

The project seems really exciting and not something usual but there are a lot of question marks.

Thanks a lot for any other insights you would have.

​​

Old Mar 20th 2022, 1:12 am
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point

I used my Professional Chartered Accountancy Qualification - which only needs to be attested by Saudi Embassy and not SACB (Saudi Cultural Bureau)
I replied to your post in the other thread. I am also an ACA and I have been thru this process in the past. I have PM'ed you.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 8:49 am
Just Joined

OlivierAtton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello, has anyone got any images of the family unit in NC1? Those who live on family unit, do they have the food covered as well or do they need to cook for themselves in their family unit?
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Expat_Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to see if anyone has relocated with pets and if this is allowed in the community? I have two dogs so wanted to check beforehand?

Appreciate the response.

Old Mar 23rd 2022, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

TheBigFella is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a job offer for Neom.

- does everyone need to live in the camp/village there or you can work remotely and commute occasionally from say Dubai or similar?
- what's it like if families join you in the village accommodation, are the 2 bed apartments OK? Could my wife continue her virtual work from there?
- Generally what's the area like?
Old Mar 23rd 2022, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheBigFella
I have a job offer for Neom.

- does everyone need to live in the camp/village there or you can work remotely and commute occasionally from say Dubai or similar?
- what's it like if families join you in the village accommodation, are the 2 bed apartments OK? Could my wife continue her virtual work from there?
- Generally what's the area like?
Hey BigFella,

Congratulation on the offer. Is this a verbal offer or have you had it in black and white? I ask as I continue to wait for mine.

I recommend that you read this thread from the beginning, there is a lot of insight here from a lot of people. And it answers the questions you are asking.

With regards to your first question, my understanding is that you have to be on site. You have an allowance of c23 days to work remotely only.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Has anyone experienced any issue with getting Saudi work visa. I just got to know from my agent in London that Saudi Embassy have not approved my visa because my Job title is higher than my qualification (out of all those things this is what I get to know). Embassy is now asking to get a Letter from NEOM that they are happy to hire me based on my experience, skills and Accountancy qualification. This has created so much stressed when you already have gone pass through all other stages. Would really appreciate if anyone here can share any insight if you have heard anything like this before or know of someone who has to deal with this kind of an issue?

any insight would really help.
Many Thanks
Ady

I am pretty sure Neom can sort this out with a confirmation letter that they "vouch" on your designation against your expertise and experience & education. The letter can take 2-3 weeks though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.