Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Mar 15th 2024, 4:27 am
Just Joined

zj215 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi I am in the early stages, got email offer, awaiting contract. Taking a little while but this seems normal. I have a grown up daughter / husband who will stay in UK. Are there any opportunities for them to visit, / how do you 'manage' visitors to the region. I do not know if there are local-ish 'hotels'?

thank you

Old Mar 16th 2024, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by zj215
Hi I am in the early stages, got email offer, awaiting contract. Taking a little while but this seems normal. I have a grown up daughter / husband who will stay in UK. Are there any opportunities for them to visit, / how do you 'manage' visitors to the region. I do not know if there are local-ish 'hotels'?

thank you
Congratulations. This is very easy, if you're a direct employee you can add them as dependents, and then you will be able to get one yearly return flight paid for by NEOM for them both.

Any visitors are welcome and there is a system to request short-term visitor passes for them to access the various communities. A lot of people have spouses, children, parents and grandparents visiting during the cooler months and school holidays.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Khmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi Khmar.
First :congratulations on the baby! Best of luck!
There are a lot of questions in your post that I cannot answer as far as the nursery and availability of space there. Hopefully someone else on the board can help with that. The one thing I know for certain is that you are looking at a 2 hour drive each way between NC1 and Tabuk or 2 hours 40 minutes between Tabuk and Oxagon.
As you say, they are going to find out eventually. I'd just be honest with the recruiter and get a good understanding of what services are available in the communities and when they are available to you.
Cheers
Thank you! Yes Indeed I think I will just have to bring it up. Waiting for another job offer to bring this up to NEOM but don't expect they will be able to change the living situation unfortunately. Will have to try in a few years I guess....

Originally Posted by NEOM_oldschool
I think one of the issues is that you may not be eligible for maternity leave in the first 12 months - not sure if this is still the applicable rules. Secondly you will start at NC2 and may work at NC1 - there is a 30/45 min bus between the camps so you have to get your head around having that distance between you two. There is day care but you need to be on a family status to get the kids into day care and sometimes this takes time. I have ladies in my team with newly borns young and a little older - the newly born sub 2 year old is a hard gig as there is very little to do. Then it depends on the team you are in - do they work like crazy? Will you be expected to travel… there is a pediatrician at the hospital he is good
Thank you. Good point, as I didn't realize that one needs to be with the employer for at least a year to even get partial paid leave. Would think it complicates things with NEOM providing housing, even though I wasn't planning to stay there during the leave. But yes I think the situation is just too drastic that I would have to let this opportunity go at this moment.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:31 am
Just Joined

zj215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
Congratulations. This is very easy, if you're a direct employee you can add them as dependents, and then you will be able to get one yearly return flight paid for by NEOM for them both.

Any visitors are welcome and there is a system to request short-term visitor passes for them to access the various communities. A lot of people have spouses, children, parents and grandparents visiting during the cooler months and school holidays.
Thank you, I'm curious though, where do they stay, I assume there is a hotel somewhere, but where? I know it will all be found out when I get there, I'm just curious.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Claymoreracing is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have been following this thread and found some really helpful and interesting information whilst waiting on my Visa so thanks to all for sharing your experience. I am new to the expat community and to KSA but I am excited and all set to fly out to Neom from the UK in 2 weeks time. My biggest concern is staying in touch with my family while I’m over there and wondered if someone could please advise me on the best/easiest/most reliable way to communicate with my family back home in the UK while I am in Neom? I’m told I will be staying in the new Al Fanar Camp and will be there single status with my family remaining in the UK so I want to be able to speak with and facetime with my Wife and Daughters on a daily basis. Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me…and I’m also open to any newbie advice you might want to share! 😊
Old Mar 18th 2024, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claymoreracing
Hi, I have been following this thread and found some really helpful and interesting information whilst waiting on my Visa so thanks to all for sharing your experience. I am new to the expat community and to KSA but I am excited and all set to fly out to Neom from the UK in 2 weeks time. My biggest concern is staying in touch with my family while I’m over there and wondered if someone could please advise me on the best/easiest/most reliable way to communicate with my family back home in the UK while I am in Neom? I’m told I will be staying in the new Al Fanar Camp and will be there single status with my family remaining in the UK so I want to be able to speak with and facetime with my Wife and Daughters on a daily basis. Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me…and I’m also open to any newbie advice you might want to share! 😊
Hello and welcome to BE. Unfortunately your username is in breach of our Site Rule #15. Please use the ‘Contact Us” tab at the bottom of the page with a different username.

Please take a few moments to read through our Site Rules. Thank you.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/site...-rules-947443/
Old Mar 18th 2024, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

what’s the status on your profile when u login to the Neom portal - does it say ‘under offer’ ?

thank you
Old Mar 18th 2024, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Thank you, I'm curious though, where do they stay, I assume there is a hotel somewhere, but where? I know it will all be found out when I get there, I'm just curious.
There is a Hampton by Hilton at NC1 now, open to anyone. A couple on the beach close by also. Most people will stay in the cabins though, there are usually fold out sofa beds.
Old Mar 18th 2024, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

ajuj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also waiting for my offer letter, but my Hiring Manager informed me that NEOM currently has a budget hold on all hires (across the board). I was told that there will be an update at the end of the month. Has anyone else received similar information?
Old Mar 18th 2024, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Which project are you being hired for , Neom is massive, i doubt they can have freezes across the whole organization, and i am sure they are in a growing phase, these freezes ought to be temporary.

Originally Posted by ajuj12
I'm also waiting for my offer letter, but my Hiring Manager informed me that NEOM currently has a budget hold on all hires (across the board). I was told that there will be an update at the end of the month. Has anyone else received similar information?
Old Mar 18th 2024, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

HI - can you please layout the steps of the hiring , would be much appreciated.
For example on my profile its currently showing as "under offer" - what happens from this pt onwards. (plz note i am waiting for a formal offer letter at the moment).

Originally Posted by Claymoreracing
Old Mar 19th 2024, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
There is a Hampton by Hilton at NC1 now, open to anyone. A couple on the beach close by also. Most people will stay in the cabins though, there are usually fold out sofa beds.
and to add the hotel is very expensive (~2000 Sar++), seemingly capitalising on the consultants and visitors that will pay that rate.
Most family will stay in the residents cabin, and some of those have sofa beds or another bed can be requested. If you're lucky you might find someone who offers their cabin while away.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 9:20 am
Just Joined

bjossiebay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi,

Is anyone on this forum currently living in NEOM NC-1 community and willing to share some information?

Please send me a message

Old Mar 19th 2024, 10:51 am
Just Joined

hannibulk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajuj12
Me! I received my verbal offer the first week of January and have been going back and forth with Neom HR about the offer. Last week I was told the same thing about the hold - apparently the budget will be approved on March 24 so we should have some answers after that....
Old Mar 19th 2024, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

So the status on the NEOM portal for you is "under offer" ??

Originally Posted by hannibulk
Me! I received my verbal offer the first week of January and have been going back and forth with Neom HR about the offer. Last week I was told the same thing about the hold - apparently the budget will be approved on March 24 so we should have some answers after that....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.