Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Aug 14th 2023, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by M2ULR
Can someone confirm what the salary split looks like, I’ve currently been offered 50k SAR a month for a Manager Role (I haven’t accepted yet) and I understand the bonus is based on the basic I was wondering how that 50k a month might be split across. Thanks in advance.
I am not totally sure but I think the basic is 72% of the total so could be 36,000 SR.
Old Aug 14th 2023, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone confirm what the salary split looks like, I’ve currently been offered 50k SAR a month for a Manager Role (I haven’t accepted yet) and I understand the bonus is based on the basic I was wondering how that 50k a month might be split across. Thanks in advance.
The offer letter should include the breakdown of basic salary and allowances for transportation, housing and mobile.
Old Aug 14th 2023, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sam1980
I am not totally sure but I think the basic is 72% of the total so could be 36,000 SR.
it's about 73% for me. So ballpark right.
as has been said , the breakdown is in the offer letter
Old Aug 14th 2023, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Ausspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, has anyone heading over from Australia had to pay for baggage beyond their 30kg allowance? (eg if you took an additional 30kg) and how much was it?
Thanks!
Old Aug 14th 2023, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ausspouse
Hi, has anyone heading over from Australia had to pay for baggage beyond their 30kg allowance? (eg if you took an additional 30kg) and how much was it?
Thanks!
Yes, it depends on the airline and how much you're bringing. I spent 500 AUD with Emirates for excess baggage, and it was around 70 AUD with Saudia for the same baggage.
Once you receive your relocation tickets you should be able to pre-purchase excess baggage with the airline. Although I couldn't do it for Saudia but it was easy enough at the domestic check-in desk in Riyadh.
Old Aug 16th 2023, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

dxbjazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

can you please confirm if this was based on 30% increase on your salary or just based on the role? As I'm waiting for my offer also Manager role and would like to know whether it will be based on the current salary

Thanks.
Old Aug 16th 2023, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxbjazzi
can you please confirm if this was based on 30% increase on your salary or just based on the role? As I'm waiting for my offer also Manager role and would like to know whether it will be based on the current salary

Thanks.
The salary increase is not as cut and dry as just 30% uplift from current.
It could be anything from nothing to 20-30%, depending on the role.

Old Aug 18th 2023, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
The salary increase is not as cut and dry as just 30% uplift from current.
It could be anything from nothing to 20-30%, depending on the role.
I heard it heavily depends on the level of the role.
Old Aug 18th 2023, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

it does that - - mine was was over 30% uplift - based on the package not the "salary" component.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 7:59 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxbjazzi

Thanks.
As others have mentioned I looked at the total salary offer, which was well over 30% mark up on my current salary.

In reality what everyone used to be getting is up to 30% mark on your current salary (makes up around 73% of total salary) and the remaining 27% is for other allowances, one of which has the potential to be deducted if they start charging for all accommodation, I’ve read on here that it costs around 4,000 SAR a month to get family accommodation, they didn’t used to enforce this until recently.

so if you get a total salary offer and you work it out to be more than a 30% markup, you need to work out what the basic salary component of this is, things like your bonus is based on your basic salary not total salary, and if your basic salary isn’t marked up I’d go back to them, they seem to no longer do this whole 25/30% markup most of these predatory recruitment agencies lure you in with.

it seems manager roles are in the 50k SAR range unless they can pay you less based on your current salary.

drop me a DM

Last edited by M2ULR; Aug 19th 2023 at 8:04 am.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

just to say - - the "Salary" component was just above what i get now - what's taken it way past is the Housing, Transport and the mobile allowance - So the package is better.

What i didnt look at - for my decision to take the role or not was any bonus - because they can be take away easily or reduced severely ( had that before).

So the package along with no bills and relocation paid for - made it an easy call.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DeepSix
just to say - - the "Salary" component was just above what i get now - what's taken it way past is the Housing, Transport and the mobile allowance - So the package is better.

What i didnt look at - for my decision to take the role or not was any bonus - because they can be take away easily or reduced severely ( had that before).

So the package along with no bills and relocation paid for - made it an easy call.

How long have you been out there now? If more than a year have you received a bonus?
Old Aug 19th 2023, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Not out there - - just waiting on a joining date
Old Aug 19th 2023, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Not out there - - just waiting on a joining date
good luck!
Old Aug 19th 2023, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Just to add, for most expats the income tax free environment is also part of their decision making process.
For those paying >30% of total income to taxes, it's a significant incentive.

There's often other tax advantages from investments whilst being a foreign resident for tax purposes.
For some people, foreign exchange rates may be a consideration too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.