Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Aug 10th 2023, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by FelixC
Thanks for that info - very helpful. The process is slow and I need to do some long distance personal travel out of country between now and when I arrive at NEOM. Does anyone know whether the KSA Embassy ties up one's passport during their protracted Visa process, or is the passport only needed at the end? Or maybe it's an e-visa and the passport isn't needed at all? Grateful to anyone who can clarify how the KSA visa get's physically processed. I may have to wait weeks before any onboarder appears.
Yes, the embassy will have your passport during the visa process. They need it to issue the stamp.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info - very helpful. The process is slow and I need to do some long distance personal travel out of country between now and when I arrive at NEOM. Does anyone know whether the KSA Embassy ties up one's passport during their protracted Visa process, or is the passport only needed at the end? Or maybe it's an e-visa and the passport isn't needed at all? Grateful to anyone who can clarify how the KSA visa get's physically processed. I may have to wait weeks before any onboarder appears.
Processing time will depend on where you're applying. Speak with the visa agency for guidance on how long it should take for your situation. Proactively chase onboarders for information.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Mr Cenary
1. Key man risk. What if MBS loses interest, dies or is replaced?

2. Project risk. What if the project fails for other some other reason (eg cumulative setbacks eventually overwhelm it or lenders don’t wanna lend)?

Interested to hear the thoughts of those on the ground, in particular what weight they gave these considerations before taking the job or what weight they give them now.
Interesting questions.
1. Hard to call this one. Neom has a board and there is a lot of support and willingness from many levels of the Kingdom, but sure there could be changes.

2. If it fails, then leave and get another job. No shortage of opportunities in the region and beyond.

Didn't think too much about it to be honest. It's early stages and we are just a blip on the overall development program. I probably thought more like would I regret it if i dont take the opportunity to be an early contributor on some amazing project? Would I regret not getting to discover an untravelled region? Would I regret not tripling my take home income. Would I regret not reducing my living expenses massively. Answer, highly probable.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Akoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for female British/African in Neom

Hi hoping to hear about the experiences of black British born females in Neom?thanks
Old Aug 10th 2023, 11:01 am
Just Joined

FelixC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Yes, the embassy will have your passport during the visa process. They need it to issue the stamp.
I've been told the Visa process can be 6 to 8 weeks, so do you mean that the KSA Embassy will sit on my passport for that entire period? Your insights are very helpful. Thank you.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been told the Visa process can be 6 to 8 weeks, so do you mean that the KSA Embassy will sit on my passport for that entire period? Your insights are very helpful. Thank you.
Your visa agent will ask you to send your passport when it is needed by the embassy. Usually one of the last steps of the process.
The embassy could have it for up to 2 weeks (maybe more depending on how diligent they are, or how pushy your agent is).
Old Aug 10th 2023, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Looking for female British/African in Neom

Originally Posted by Akoa
Hi hoping to hear about the experiences of black British born females in Neom?thanks
Might be best to start a new thread, but I think it's still unlikely there will be someone of the same background reading the forum.

I recommend going to the LinkedIn page for each company (Neom, Trojena, Oxagon, Enowa) and searching through the employee list for someone who appears to match, and message them directly.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Akoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Oh I thought I did! Sorry & thank you.
Old Aug 12th 2023, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone else going through the visa process and waiting on the UK ACRO test? Hearing it's 4-6 weeks to process a request right now. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Aug 12th 2023, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatalex
Is anyone else going through the visa process and waiting on the UK ACRO test? Hearing it's 4-6 weeks to process a request right now. Can anyone confirm this?
Wow, that's shot up. Mine took about 4 days from application to dispatch. This was late 2021
Old Aug 12th 2023, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
Wow, that's shot up. Mine took about 4 days from application to dispatch. This was late 2021
yeah not ideal considering without it I can't really start any of the other Visa items to move over!
Old Aug 13th 2023, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

I'm currently in that phase but its only been a week or so - so i havent been tracking it. - 4 to 6 would be more of a pain but nothing unusual for this whole NEOM process 😁
Old Aug 13th 2023, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeepSix
I'm currently in that phase but its only been a week or so - so i havent been tracking it. - 4 to 6 would be more of a pain but nothing unusual for this whole NEOM process 😁
Thanks mate for the quick response. When you emailed your application over to ACRO did you get any form of confirmation e-mail or note? So far it's been radio silence.
Old Aug 14th 2023, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

no - - nothing - - email and money disappeared into the electronic space and nothing back to say its gone anywhere
Old Aug 14th 2023, 3:50 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone confirm what the salary split looks like, I’ve currently been offered 50k SAR a month for a Manager Role (I haven’t accepted yet) and I understand the bonus is based on the basic I was wondering how that 50k a month might be split across. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.