Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Aschia
Not sure, but my ticket for 6th August was booked today, in case this information can be helpful for you.
mins booked for the 30th july ..... will update here for u then...

Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aschia
Not sure, but my ticket for 6th August was booked today, in case this information can be helpful for you.
Stock answer: it depends.

If it’s at the end of a holiday (Eid, Christmas etc) and people are coming back to work, it’ll be really busy. Otherwise it just depends how many people are flying. There aren’t many direct flights per week, so that adds pressure. But then on the flip side the direct flights are really expensive when compared to going via Riyadh, so many people opt for the latter.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Macster
Hi, any idea how busy is the direct flight from london heathrow to Neom?
Flight was full last night.
Old Jul 17th 2023, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, has anyone from the newcomers to Oxagon been accommodated at NC2? I have been informed that I will be accommodated there right after receiving my plane tickets in spite of the fact that throughout the whole process I have been re-assured that I will be granted a 1-bedroom accommodation in Duba. Has anyone found themselves in such situation? I am supposed to mobilize in 3 weeks and this is a major change for the expected quality of life. In case someone was in a similar situation, could you share how you acted?
Old Jul 18th 2023, 3:41 am
Just Joined

TotalBadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hello,
I'm flying out to Neom in a fortnight, I've never worked in the Middle East before - and wondered if anyone had any tips, or things they wish they had known before flying out? I've looked through most of the threads, and have listed some of my questions and notes below - in case anyone had any comments or feedback.

I'm working on the Line, and will be living in NC2. I'm not bringing my family, and was told on the induction call that family accommodation is not available until 2024 earliest.

Clothing
What do people wear in the office? My guess is shirt and chino trousers.
What do people wear on their feet? My guess is brown formal shoes, but I'm hoping something more comfortable?
I'll be an office worker in NC1. Does each department have its own dress code?

What to bring?
Should I pack light to begin with, or is any particular kit recommended?

Remote working
How is the 2 days per month working out for people? Are they being very strict, or is it department dependent?

Other
For banking I've setup a Revolut premium account, and HSBC (UK) USD account. There is a good thread re: banking: "Banking in KSA"
I'm worried about my 1st paycheck being sent directly to my UK bank account, and the fees I'll have to pay on this.
I've been recommended Express VPN.

Thanks in advance!

Old Jul 18th 2023, 3:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by TotalBadger
Hello,
I'm flying out to Neom in a fortnight, I've never worked in the Middle East before - and wondered if anyone had any tips, or things they wish they had known before flying out? I've looked through most of the threads, and have listed some of my questions and notes below - in case anyone had any comments or feedback.

I'm working on the Line, and will be living in NC2. I'm not bringing my family, and was told on the induction call that family accommodation is not available until 2024 earliest.

Clothing
What do people wear in the office? My guess is shirt and chino trousers.
What do people wear on their feet? My guess is brown formal shoes, but I'm hoping something more comfortable?
I'll be an office worker in NC1. Does each department have its own dress code?

What to bring?
Should I pack light to begin with, or is any particular kit recommended?

Remote working
How is the 2 days per month working out for people? Are they being very strict, or is it department dependent?

Other
For banking I've setup a Revolut premium account, and HSBC (UK) USD account. There is a good thread re: banking: "Banking in KSA"
I'm worried about my 1st paycheck being sent directly to my UK bank account, and the fees I'll have to pay on this.
I've been recommended Express VPN.

Thanks in advance!
Some of these questions i.e dress code, are already asked and answered in the big NEOM threads - I'll move your post to them now (we try to keep all NEOM queries in the same place, to make it easier for people to search).

Good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2023, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Some of these questions i.e dress code, are already asked and answered in the big NEOM threads - I'll move your post to them now (we try to keep all NEOM queries in the same place, to make it easier for people to search).

Good luck.
i am on the same platform.. can you please advise where the answers are for these above questions?
Old Jul 18th 2023, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i am on the same platform.. can you please advise where the answers are for these above questions?
You just need to do a search, i.e. if I search this thread for 'dress code', I get these posts -

https://britishexpats.com/forum/midd.../#post13163065

https://britishexpats.com/forum/midd.../#post13109895

HTH.
Old Jul 19th 2023, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

BraKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had any experience in renting car in a mothly basis?
What are the best providers and the average price for a Suv?
Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2023, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

AussyheadingtoSaudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Been tracking my application, it's been showing status “In offer” for about a week and half now, no word back from HR though - What is typically the next steps?
Old Jul 19th 2023, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AussyheadingtoSaudi
Been tracking my application, it's been showing status “In offer” for about a week and half now, no word back from HR though - What is typically the next steps?
It depends. I've been waiting for an offer since uploading all documents on 17 April. HR stopped responding. Honestly. I have actually lost all hope now.
Old Jul 20th 2023, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Finally I am moving to Neom.... go an email from the housing team to say that they will have my apartment ready by the time i get there

didnt mention which 1 it is ... its studio but i thought there were 2 types of studios?

can i negotiate which 1 i want and where i want?
Old Jul 20th 2023, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally I am moving to Neom.... go an email from the housing team to say that they will have my apartment ready by the time i get there

didnt mention which 1 it is ... its studio but i thought there were 2 types of studios?

can i negotiate which 1 i want and where i want?
Hi Macster,
Congrats and welcome. It never hurts to ask for what you want, but as far as full blown negotiate, probably not.
Housing is thin right now and they are doing everything they can to get people out of off-site hotels and apartments so there aren’t a whole lot of options.
I say that not to discourage, but to just manage expectations.
​​​​​​​safe travels!
Old Jul 20th 2023, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AussyheadingtoSaudi
Hi. Best source for info at this point is typically your recruiting rep from Neom or your hiring manager.
That isn’t much help, but it’s the best I have…
good luck!
Old Jul 20th 2023, 8:02 am
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asileo
Hi, wondering if kids must learn arabic language in international school?
At Neom Community School all the children learn Arabic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.