Neom City

Old Feb 27th 2020, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Neom City

Hi guys!

Anyone with any experience of working for Neom? Looks like a fantastic project, but there's a lot of big talk to back up... No experience at all of the Middle East, but I've been doing plenty of reading on the lifestyle. I've seen a few comments about CVs being burned by working in KSA. Is this an industry specific thing or more general? Is it simply the case that working there is looked down on when you look to move on?

Lots to think about...
Old Feb 27th 2020, 8:05 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neom City

Have a look at Neom on Google maps, the airport looks great right now.

Don't expect anything to happen quickly. Read up on KAEC.
Just because people say something is going ahead, doesn't mean it is.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Have a look at Neom on Google maps, the airport looks great right now.

Don't expect anything to happen quickly. Read up on KAEC.
Just because people say something is going ahead, doesn't mean it is.
Indeed, and I have read that. Jobs are there now though, so trying to find out as much as I can.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Neom, is going forward. Contracts are being awarded. The project delivery is for hard core expats only. It is a remote and inhospitable location. The accommodation is basic and the facilities none existent. In terms of your CV it does not matter, there's two very distinct types of expat in KSA those earning incredible salaries to work in a hardship location with a shower of shit and those who could not get works elsewhere. It will be evident to any future employer which group you fall into.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. That makes sense on the cv thing. Looking at a 60/40 split between Riyadh and Neom, certainly initially. All sounding interesting so far.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Well, we will be on our way at the end of August sometime. I've always said, the best time to make life altering decisions is in the middle of a global pandemic!!