Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Neom children education allowance

Neom children education allowance

Old Nov 25th 2022, 9:25 am
Just Joined

smartbutcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Neom children education allowance

I am interested in the NEOM project and am currently in the early stages of the hiring process.

They are advertising 60k SAR per child up to 3 children schooling allowance. I was wondering if my children stay in the UK would I still be able to claim the children's education allowance?

Old Nov 25th 2022, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neom children education allowance

Originally Posted by smartbutcher
I am interested in the NEOM project and am currently in the early stages of the hiring process.

They are advertising 60k SAR per child up to 3 children schooling allowance. I was wondering if my children stay in the UK would I still be able to claim the children's education allowance?
Hi, welcome to BE. Head to the main NEOM thread and search that, I'm 99% sure your question has already been asked and answered in that.

HTH, good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy to 100% confirm the 60k allowance can be applied to your children's education anywhere in the world.
Old Nov 26th 2022, 8:19 am
Just Joined

smartbutcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Does that mean children would need to go to private school in the UK to claim the 60k SAR allowance or we can claim it any how?

Secondly what if we just take private home tutions, are they counted towards the allowance.

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2022, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

In Neom's words ...NEOM contributes towards the cost of eligible dependent children’s education from KG to Grade K-12 (or equivalent, from 3years old) in a fee-paying school offering a formal curriculum – in KSA or abroad. The assistance is provided for a maximum of 3 children per academic year.

Reimbursement will cover registration fees, tuition fees, entrance test fees, school official uniform or any other fees associated with school tuition. Fees relating to school activities, trips, meals, transportation or any other noneducational activity are not eligible for reimbursement.
Old Nov 26th 2022, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

I forgot to mention, in case its not obvious, reimbursement requires you to provide receipts/invoices ...
Old Dec 12th 2022, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Mum3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newopps
I forgot to mention, in case its not obvious, reimbursement requires you to provide receipts/invoices ...

Hi, thanks for this useful information. Is this also the case if your eligible dependents are not sponsored by you (i.e. don’t have iqamas) not relocating my family as the unit doesn’t have enough space for us. My kids go to a private school outside of ksa
Old Dec 12th 2022, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

See post #5 above
Old Dec 12th 2022, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Checked it out.
I was also asking for reassurance - so my family are coming with me when I first arrive to spend a few days in NEOM. Im paying for this flight as it’s not classed as a family relocation, which is fair enough. They’re paying for my flight only for now. They know I’m coming alone because of accommodation and spaces - - My offer letter does state exactly what is says in post 5. Juts hoping it’s adhered to.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Happy to 100% confirm the 60k allowance can be applied to your children's education anywhere in the world.

Sorry one more question, do you sponsor them even though they are being educated in another country? Or is that not necessary until or if they relocate. My biggest worries right now are leaving them behind but they are settled in a good school here and can’t move them or have time to bring them over to have iqamas made but I definitely need the fees reimbursed as that was one of the factors in accepting the offer.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sponsored". If you have children for whom you pay school fees, at a registered school anywhere in the world, then on production of invoices, you will be reimbursed at a rate of up to 60k per child, pro rata'd If your kids subsequently join you in KSA, the same will apply there

Personally, the only thing I am not quite clear on is implementation of the pro rata part. In the UK we have 3 terms, so I guess that is 20k per term. But if I start on 1 Feb, can I claim the full 20k or only 13.33k for the remaining (approx) 2 months of the term. Or perhaps it's pro rata on a weekly basis? But I guess that's detail that will become clear when I arrive.

Have I helped??
Old Dec 12th 2022, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sponsored". If you have children for whom you pay school fees, at a registered school anywhere in the world, then on production of invoices, you will be reimbursed at a rate of up to 60k per child, pro rata'd If your kids subsequently join you in KSA, the same will apply there

Personally, the only thing I am not quite clear on is implementation of the pro rata part. In the UK we have 3 terms, so I guess that is 20k per term. But if I start on 1 Feb, can I claim the full 20k or only 13.33k for the remaining (approx) 2 months of the term. Or perhaps it's pro rata on a weekly basis? But I guess that's detail that will become clear when I arrive.

Have I helped??
Thanks for replying - by sponsored I mean when you move to the Middle East one person is the main sponsor for that family and they have a work residency and they then become eligible to sponsor their family for residency (so they can stay with them in the said country) which means they then become eligible for the ‘full’ medical cover and also the annual flights. Until you don’t sponsor them - they only get part medical cover and no annual flights. Hope this makes sense.

With school fees (currently I’m in the Middle East) they reimburse me the school fees but only if my child is sponsored by me and lives with me. Obviously with NEOM this can’t be the case as there are limited school places and only 1 bed Cabins or studios so I can’t mobilise my whole family (hence they reimburse school fees - as you kind of have to leave your kids behind if you want to take the job)

I think in terms of fee structure they will reimburse whatever you pay if it’s paid by you after the date you enter ksa. So if you pay the spring fees in January and Join 1st feb, I’m not sure they’ll be reimbursed - i could be wrong? I’m in the same predicament as you but I will be heading there in two weeks time so once I’m there I’ll get answers and I’ll tell you. I have to pay the kids fees for term 2 soon and want to have them reimbursed when I get there. Hope this makes sense.

I’m glad to meet someone who is in the same boat as me! Are you heading there alone too? Hope to see you on the other side.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

exaramcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smartbutcher
Does that mean children would need to go to private school in the UK to claim the 60k SAR allowance or we can claim it any how?

Secondly what if we just take private home tutions, are they counted towards the allowance.

Thanks
Hi - Did anybody have the answer to the private tuitions question? If the UK private tuition company provides invoices and we provide receipts - then can this be reimbursed?
Old Feb 6th 2023, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by exaramcon
Hi - Did anybody have the answer to the private tuitions question? If the UK private tuition company provides invoices and we provide receipts - then can this be reimbursed?

The allowance is for eligible dependent children from KG to Grade K-12 (or equivalent, from 3 years old) in a fee-paying school offering a formal curriculum – in KSA or abroad.