Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Negotiating rent in AD (and other q's)

Negotiating rent in AD (and other q's)

Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Negotiating rent in AD (and other q's)

Originally Posted by csdf
The problem is that many of the landlords are so sodding rich (mine owns Abu Dhabi mall, for instance) that they really don't care if 1% of their property empire is empty for a few months, or even a year. It's a real distortion of market economics.
Which makes the whole refusing to reduce the rent thing even more ridiculous doesn't it? If they don't care if the property is empty, then what difference would reducing the rent by the appriate market value amount make?? Crazy!!!!! Can't wait to be back in the midst of the madness !!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
Which makes the whole refusing to reduce the rent thing even more ridiculous doesn't it? If they don't care if the property is empty, then what difference would reducing the rent by the appriate market value amount make?? Crazy!!!!! Can't wait to be back in the midst of the madness !!
yep they just dont get it...!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 4:18 am
Just Joined

PrKoll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Yes it's possible....we started out at 250K and signed on 230K
Sounds promising, how big is the villa you are renting and in which neighborhood?
Old Nov 7th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PrKoll
Sounds promising, how big is the villa you are renting and in which neighborhood?

It's in Khalifa City A, on Street 34.

5 bedrooms (counting the room on the ground floor which we use as a dining room), 2 lounges, 2 big bedrooms with en-suites, 2 others, maid's quarters & laundry room at the top.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
It's in Khalifa City A, on Street 34.

5 bedrooms (counting the room on the ground floor which we use as a dining room), 2 lounges, 2 big bedrooms with en-suites, 2 others, maid's quarters & laundry room at the top.
its still way over priced. they still have a way to come down yet.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busybee2
its still way over priced. they still have a way to come down yet.
I keep on reading this! Since last summer, when I was offered my job in AD, people have been telling me the prices are dropping, yet it seems (from afar - I'm still in the UK, moving across on my own in Jan, and looking for a home for my family from April) that prices aren't exactly sinking. Is there really any likelihood that they will come down further - or is that wishful thinking? I'd greatly appreciate people's thoughts!

Thanks!