Negotiating rent

Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Negotiating rent

Is it possible to negotiate rents out here? For example, if I am looking at a flat for 200/year, can I offer 180K in two cheques etc cetera? I'm wondering what the norms are in the real estate market.

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Negotiating rent

depends on the property to be honest with you, give it a try and see what happens. Can't see you getting anywhere though not with an apartment.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:00 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Is it possible to negotiate rents out here? For example, if I am looking at a flat for 200/year, can I offer 180K in two cheques etc cetera? I'm wondering what the norms are in the real estate market.

Thanks

**** me thats a funny one

heres how it goes.

You: so the rent is 200k
landlord: no its now 220k
u: eh? you said it was 200k
lr: yeh not anymore its paradise dont you know
you: ok ok how about 180 in two cheques
lr: no, goodbye
u: wait wait, ok 200 two cheques
lr:no (picks up phone and offers it to someone else for 230k
u:woah hold on there, ok 220k two cheques
lr: no price is now 230k 1 cheque take it or leave it
u: but but
lr: goodbye

(nb it is possible to negotiate with some landlords but you need to find a poor one with only 1 place) who desperatly needs to rent it out.........good luck with that
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

r but the landlords that are poor and only have one house will rent it to you for one year and then he will want it back because you have just paid off his loan for him...! obviously not all landlords are like that but some are, so you are sometimes better with ones that have loads, because then you will not be kicked out further down the line, for the family to move in (only more money etc)