need your help

Old May 4th 2008, 10:05 am
Just Joined

yasmina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need your help

Hi,
I did the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London two years ago. Although I have obtained good grades throughout (at school, University, and at the College of Law) however I have not yet found a job in the uk. I am fluent in English, Spanish, Arabic and intermediate French and have some legal work experience in Spain. What possibilities would I have to work in the legal sector in Dubai, and if that would not be possible what alternative graduate jobs could I apply for? Also I would like to know what would be the best way to apply, online or by going personally to recruitment agencies in Dubai?

I would really appreciate any advice,

Thank You
Old May 4th 2008, 10:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need your help

Not yet another UAE wannabee? What is wrong with the UK these days?
Old May 4th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
What is wrong with the UK these days?
everything, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 4th 2008, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
everything, lol...

MM, xx
yes I agree with you, there are lots of things wrong with the uk, its expensive, its cold and everything closes after 5.
so can you give me any advice?
Old May 4th 2008, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yasmina1
yes I agree with you, there are lots of things wrong with the uk, its expensive, its cold and everything closes after 5.
so can you give me any advice?
I doubt that you will get something in the legal field out here without qualification or decent experience as a paralegal in the city.

did the LPC myself at NLS 2005-2006.
Old May 7th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I doubt that you will get something in the legal field out here without qualification or decent experience as a paralegal in the city.

did the LPC myself at NLS 2005-2006.
Thank you for your message. Do you currently work in duabai?
Old May 8th 2008, 10:21 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Hi,
I did the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London two years ago. Although I have obtained good grades throughout (at school, University, and at the College of Law) however I have not yet found a job in the uk. I am fluent in English, Spanish, Arabic and intermediate French and have some legal work experience in Spain. What possibilities would I have to work in the legal sector in Dubai, and if that would not be possible what alternative graduate jobs could I apply for? Also I would like to know what would be the best way to apply, online or by going personally to recruitment agencies in Dubai?

I would really appreciate any advice,

Thank You
Hi

I have a friend who works for one of the top legal firms in Dubai. I have no idea but he may be able to help. I am also in the process of recieving an offer and know how difficult it can be to get your 'foot in the door' - If I can be of any help I will try. If your interested please feel free to contact me.

Ali

Last edited by zuzu143; May 8th 2008 at 10:23 am.
Old May 8th 2008, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your message. Do you currently work in duabai?
Yes I work in Dubai but not in law. Went back to my old career after the LPC.
Old May 10th 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

I have a friend who works for one of the top legal firms in Dubai. I have no idea but he may be able to help. I am also in the process of recieving an offer and know how difficult it can be to get your 'foot in the door' - If I can be of any help I will try. If your interested please feel free to contact me.

Ali
Hi,

Thanks for your message. I would really appreciate your help. Would it be possible for me to send you my CV and you pass it on to your friend. Are you about to work in the legal sector in london? Congratulations on your offer...yes as you say it is very difficult to get your foot in the door.