Reload this Page >

Need someone to help me

Need someone to help me

Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hisham Mohamed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need someone to help me

Hi everybody
I live in Saudi Arabia actually in Riyadh , before a few months ago I decided to take IELTS exam and I started with one British native teacher but unfortunately for some reason she had gone for final exit and nowadays I'm looking for someone else to complete what I've started , So any on can advice me or recommend someone or something useful to me I'll appreciate that
Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

fyodor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need someone to help me

Contact the British Council in Riyadh, there are many teachers there who can teach and also examine IELTS candidates.

Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fyodor
Contact the British Council in Riyadh, there are many teachers there who can teach and also examine IELTS candidates.

thanks so much but my former teacher didn't recommend that and she recommended to study with a privet tutor that's why I'm looking for a privet tutor cause she went for final exit from here to UK her own country
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

fyodor is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I don't think that's terribly good advice. BC teachers are well-qualified and experienced. They also do take on one-to-one students.

But are you sure you have to study one-to-one? I think that is an overrated method of language learning. Languages are by nature social and having a few fellow travellers can provide sources of encouragement, motivation, competition, reflection etc. A class and individual study at home should be enough. Also, if you're doing targeted exam preparation there is no need to do that one-to-one.

Just some thoughts. Good luck with the test, I hope you get the score you need.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fyodor
Personally I don't think that's terribly good advice. BC teachers are well-qualified and experienced. They also do take on one-to-one students.

But are you sure you have to study one-to-one? I think that is an overrated method of language learning. Languages are by nature social and having a few fellow travellers can provide sources of encouragement, motivation, competition, reflection etc. A class and individual study at home should be enough. Also, if you're doing targeted exam preparation there is no need to do that one-to-one.

Just some thoughts. Good luck with the test, I hope you get the score you need.
Thanks so much for a precious advice , I'm really find myself comfortable with your advice because as you said learning languages are by nature social that's right so when I talk with my friend who is from UK I feel myself too much better and comfortable so I'll go with your advice

thanks so much dear
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are men in KSA allowed to employ private female tutors? Sounds very dodgy to me. I wonder why your former tutor suddenly left?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are men in KSA allowed to employ private female tutors? Sounds very dodgy to me. I wonder why your former tutor suddenly left?

She didn't deployed she was a housewife came here with her husband who was worked here somewhere but suddenly he made an operation because he was ill after he came back he found his contract is finish then he left and she had gone with him .
She was rent a class in western compound and make her class their