Reload this Page >

Need to see a family doctor in Doha

Need to see a family doctor in Doha

Old Oct 25th 2014, 5:37 am
Just Joined

yirara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to see a family doctor in Doha

Hello,

I'm looking for a family doctor/GP in Doha. I must admit that I have difficulties dealing with Arab doctors: they don't understand what I need and I don't understand what they suggest. I need a doctor for general things like really bad colds, infections and the likes, and my Vit-B12 deficiency migh have caught up with me again. I know I can get a lot of stuff just from the pharmacy, but I have a pre-existing condition with which I cannot take everything. That's why I need a doctor's opinion. Preferably a doctor I can just go to and not wait days for an appointment. Every practice/hospital will do. I'm in the Ramada Signal area but everything within 8km is fine.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 6:04 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to see a family doctor in Doha

Who is your insurance provider?
Old Oct 25th 2014, 6:59 am
Just Joined

yirara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
Who is your insurance provider?
No insurance. Employer is paying every bill. I can go everywhere but would prefer just a simple family doctor.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Doha I used the following:

The Apollo Clinic - Qatar
P.O. Box 23656
Al Mumtaza Street 230 (near Al Hafza signal)
Masoura area
Doha
Qatar

+974 441 8441

They were recommended to me by my work colleagues, and I found the doctors to be very good. They are Indian, and I had no problem with them understanding my condition. I did not make an appointment - I just went along and waited ten minutes or so and they saw me. They have many doctors in the clinic, so you can choose to see the one you think is most appropriate to your needs.