Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need leads/advice re apartment

Need leads/advice re apartment

Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

True_Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need leads/advice re apartment

I've just spent the last six weeks in Abu Dhabi sharing a three bed apartment and paying out just less than $4,000 USD per month for my share. The apartment was pretty good: pool and gym on the roof, cleaners and clean bedding every day but the assignment came to an end and we all returned to our base in Dubai. We are now returning to Abu Dhabi for at least three months and need to find new accomodation. I'd prefer a one bedroomed apartment for myself rather than sharing.

Can anyone advise me what I should expect to pay for this? Will I be able to rent for a minimum of three months and does anyone have any leads?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: Need leads/advice re apartment

A friend yesterday found a one-bed for Dhs140k per year. I guess that is the going rate now.
Would have thought it unlikely that you'd find a landlord willing to give you a three month contract when everyone is so desperate for housing at the mo.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need leads/advice re apartment

According to my dodgy arithmetic, you were paying the equivalent of over AED175,000 per year for one bedroom within a three bedroom apartment, which makes AED525,000 for the entire property...not even a villa! Christ, no wonder they only want Emiratis as Landlords down there. Its a rip off.