Reload this Page >

Need info about family visa Qatar

Need info about family visa Qatar

Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

srt8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need info about family visa Qatar

Greetings,
I am very confused about the procedure for obtaining a family visa in Qatar. The situation is as follows: My wife is in Doha Qatar and she is still in the process of obtaining residence permits. After that she will apply for a residence permit for his spouse and child as their sponsor. I've found on the net information that she will need to attach the six-month bank statement with all other documents. Has anyone recently brought family in Qatar and did you really need this bank statement?

thank you
Old Jan 21st 2015, 6:33 am
Just Joined

cdn3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need info about family visa Qatar

Originally Posted by srt8
Greetings,
I am very confused about the procedure for obtaining a family visa in Qatar. The situation is as follows: My wife is in Doha Qatar and she is still in the process of obtaining residence permits. After that she will apply for a residence permit for his spouse and child as their sponsor. I've found on the net information that she will need to attach the six-month bank statement with all other documents. Has anyone recently brought family in Qatar and did you really need this bank statement?

thank you
Are you guys in the country with her at the moment? You are correct that in order to get the Family Visa you need the bank statements and other documents. At this point I'm going to assume that she has your work visa and not her RP/ID. This is what you can do.

Assuming you guys are in the country with her:
1. Leave the country (border run) go to Oman, Dubai or wherever and come back (how long you decide to stay outside the country is up to you).
2. She gets you guys a Family Visit Visa (this gives you and your son a six month visa)
3. While you're here on your family visit visa her sponsor will get the paperwork in order for her to sponsor you guys under a family visa
4. By the time your family visit visa expires you should have your family visa all in order.
5. Enjoy Qatar.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

Will be in somewhat similar situation.

Arriving early February and have been told will not be able to get permanent accomodation until my RP is processed, which I am hoping takes a month.

Once processed and family accomodation is assigned, I will be moving my family over with visit visa and apply for their RP. My only concern is, do you really need 6 month bank statements to apply? I am working for a Govt organization and their HR is not aware of the 6 month requirement OR are conveniently ignoring it.... I have learned not to trust HR.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

cdn3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shake2000
Will be in somewhat similar situation.

Arriving early February and have been told will not be able to get permanent accomodation until my RP is processed, which I am hoping takes a month.

Once processed and family accomodation is assigned, I will be moving my family over with visit visa and apply for their RP. My only concern is, do you really need 6 month bank statements to apply? I am working for a Govt organization and their HR is not aware of the 6 month requirement OR are conveniently ignoring it.... I have learned not to trust HR.
You might want to trust your HR, I have heard of people circumventing the 6 month rule but I guess it depends on who your sponsor is or your HR departments connections.

Either way I wouldn't be too concerned, you will have your work visa before you arrive, your RP is a different beast, could take days, could take months depends on your company. But you can bring your family on a family visit visa, and that buys you enough time to get the six months worth of bank statements and until you get your RP.

Make sure you get details regarding your 'temporary accomodation'.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

srt8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest unverified information that I heard is that, to get visit family visa,sponsor (in my case - my wife) must have the three-month bank statement.
Is it true or not, I have no clue.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srt8
Latest unverified information that I heard is that, to get visit family visa,sponsor (in my case - my wife) must have the three-month bank statement.
Is it true or not, I have no clue.
At least 3 months bank statements , this can waived if you have a powerful sponsor like all things here or it could be longer .
Old Feb 15th 2015, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I have seen, this rule of the 6 month bank statement applies only to some sponsors. For us (Qatar Foundation) did not apply and we (family) could apply for a residence permit after 2 month from the arrival of my husband (our sponsor). In the meanwhile we (family) were in Europe at home.

the only certain thing is that without the residence permit children will not be admitted at school EVEN IF they have a place in a school and even if they paid the school fees.

So if you have kids that need to attend a school don't come here before they are eligible to ask for the residence permit, otherwise they risk to miss month of school days.