Reload this Page >

Need help to understand life in Dubai

Need help to understand life in Dubai

Old Apr 14th 2016, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

nilimaaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Need help to understand life in Dubai

Hi,

I am 34, I just got a new job in Dubai and my appointment has been fixed to take charge in July. I have been given an apartment of 2BHK near Bur Dubai. Its about 3 months to go and meanwhile I want to know as more as about Dubai.

As Dubai is my first visit and does not know what to do in my free time and want to make things arranged accordingly.

Can somebody please help me to short-out this situation by posting their actual life experiences in Dubai. However, I know whats not all things to be shared in public but still need information to grow well in Dubai.

I am flying to Dubai first time and I want to make sure I never fails when choosing any place to stay, to live and to go on my leisure. I actually never knows how I am going to survive the culture. How I deal with people of different languages and where I go independently with no bothering.

So I need certain places for my easy survival and below are the list :

Public Parks , Shopping Malls , Merchant Store of Home supplies and Indian Food Restaurants in Dubai .

I hope all of Dubai insiders will love to send their own tried places where they felt comfort and had good leisure.

Thanks to All !
Old Apr 15th 2016, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help to understand life in Dubai

Originally Posted by nilimaaka
Hi,

I am 34, I just got a new job in Dubai and my appointment has been fixed to take charge in July. I have been given an apartment of 2BHK near Bur Dubai. Its about 3 months to go and meanwhile I want to know as more as about Dubai.

As Dubai is my first visit and does not know what to do in my free time and want to make things arranged accordingly.

Can somebody please help me to short-out this situation by posting their actual life experiences in Dubai. However, I know whats not all things to be shared in public but still need information to grow well in Dubai.

I am flying to Dubai first time and I want to make sure I never fails when choosing any place to stay, to live and to go on my leisure. I actually never knows how I am going to survive the culture. How I deal with people of different languages and where I go independently with no bothering.

So I need certain places for my easy survival and below are the list :

Public Parks , Shopping Malls , Merchant Store of Home supplies and Indian Food Restaurants in Dubai .

I hope all of Dubai insiders will love to send their own tried places where they felt comfort and had good leisure.

Thanks to All !
Are you Oh from the movie Home?
Old Apr 16th 2016, 11:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The poster isn't British and isn't coming from the UK clearly.

nilimaaka, if you found this forum you can easily google for the info you seek. Dubai is full of malls and places to eat. No shortage of either.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 3:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nili, Indian expats far outnumber British Expats in Dubai, it'll be like home from home for you.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 4:25 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Just to throw in a curve ball, Im gonna suggest she is Eastern European..

I have a Romanian guy works for me and this pretty much matches how he emails / speaks..

Of course, he is a little more liberal with the c0ksu(kers, fu(ks etc....
Old Apr 16th 2016, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

another warm welcome then
Old Apr 16th 2016, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself a guide book Lonely Planet or Rough Guide.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The clue is The use of 2BHK.Two bedroom hall and kitchen. Only Indians use it. Combined with that the apartment is in Bur Dubai? 99.99% chance he's Indian.

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Just to throw in a curve ball, Im gonna suggest she is Eastern European..

I have a Romanian guy works for me and this pretty much matches how he emails / speaks..

Of course, he is a little more liberal with the c0ksu(kers, fu(ks etc....
Old Apr 18th 2016, 7:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The clue is The use of 2BHK.Two bedroom hall and kitchen. Only Indians use it. Combined with that the apartment is in Bur Dubai? 99.99% chance he's Indian.
He's not Lou Reed.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well done guys. For a minute I thought someone else would be joining our clique
Old Apr 18th 2016, 8:53 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well done guys. For a minute I thought someone else would be joining our clique
Go on then.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Profile has a little PINK icon, which means FEMALE, so the 'he's' should be 'she's'
Old Apr 18th 2016, 9:22 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
He's not Lou Reed.
Originally Posted by mikelincs
Profile has a little PINK icon, which means FEMALE, so the 'he's' should be 'she's'
Ahem. Morning coffee first, then post
Old Apr 18th 2016, 10:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Ahem. Morning coffee first, then post
Richard!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2016, 12:13 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Richard!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.