Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need a good travel agent (honeymoon)

Need a good travel agent (honeymoon)

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:55 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need a good travel agent (honeymoon)

I'm trying to plan my honeymoon for early next year and need a decent travel agent in Dubai.... Most of the numpties I have spoken to so far have been fairly scary and seeing as this is prob one of the most important holidays we will ever take we want to get it right... Sooo any recommendations or contacts... Thanks (Suitable small & tacky gift from destination for any recommendation used )

Last edited by Welivehere; Dec 13th 2005 at 5:58 am.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need a good travel agent (honeymoon)

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I'm trying to plan my honeymoon for early next year and need a decent travel agent in Dubai.... Most of the numpties I have spoken to so far have been fairly scary and seeing as this is prob one of the most important holidays we will ever take we want to get it right... Sooo any recommendations or contacts... Thanks (Suitable small & tacky gift from destination for any recommendation used )
al arabi are supposed to be really good - owned by a british lady - dont have the number though sorry! (and congrats!)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:01 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barsha barbie
al arabi are supposed to be really good - owned by a british lady - dont have the number though sorry! (and congrats!)
Thanks BB, we have put a call into them and are just waiting for some recommendations on hotels / prices etc... K on the way...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Heartfelt congratulations in advance....
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

A friend used Emirates Holidays on SZR near the Metropolitan and was helped by an English lady who was very patient with them.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:47 am
W10

Are there any good travel agents in Dubai?

Seriously...if you settle on a place and a hotel...let us all know. We're such a well travelled bunch that one of us has bound to have been there

And congrats...

Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:20 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats in advance! We spent our honeymoon 1/2 in New York in swanky hotel and lots of top food and the other 1/2 in a log cabin 20 miles from Inverness in Scotchland.... was amazing...

Anyway - where are you thinking of going - as W10 mentions someone here may have been and can give you some further pointers?

Auto.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Orient Travels were very good they have an office inside Jebel Ali Free Zone ask for a guy called Sanjay Alreja. Don't have the number any more I'm afraid.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:24 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbryant
Orient Travels were very good they have a guy called Sanjay Alreja. Don't have the number any more I'm afraid.

He is not a British/English lady so how can he be good?

Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by CasaNova
He is not a British/English lady so how can he be good?
Cas - Thats not very PC.

Every-one else thanks for the best wishes and thoughts. We were looking at:

Maldives - People said great for a few days, but can get a bit boring + very expensive for anything once you are there.

Seychelles - Ditto above (but a bit cheaper)

Thailand - Too touristy now, you are either away from everything or on top of it all. And as I am a fussy bastard I want the best of both worlds so we went for.... Mauritius as the final choice.

Still not picked a hotel or even an particular area we are just looking for idea's and recommendations and thats where a decent travel agent was meant to come in. There are plenty of agents here that can sort you out if you know exactly where you want to stay (therefore the deals are not that great) and when but when you are just shopping it seems to confuse them.

BB's recommendation of Al Arabi we were pretty good and they sent through some idea's but they seem limited to one chain of hotels "Beachcombers", nice hotels but I want to see some others before we commit to one.

So any feedback is welcome....

Tacky gift reward now upgraded to not so tacky for the right resort....

Last edited by Welivehere; Dec 15th 2005 at 9:44 am.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:03 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Cas - Thats not very PC.

Every-one else thanks for the best wishes and thoughts. We were looking at:

Maldives - People said great for a few days, but can get a bit boring + very expensive for anything once you are there.

Seychelles - Ditto above (but a bit cheaper)

Thailand - Too touristy now, you are either away from everything or on top of it all. And as I am a fussy bastard I want the best of both worlds so we went for.... Mauritius as the final choice.

Still not picked a hotel or even an particular area we are just looking for idea's and recommendations and thats where a decent travel agent was meant to come in. There are plenty of agents here that can sort you out if you know exactly where you want to stay (therefore the deals are not that great) and when but when you are just shopping it seems to confuse them.

BB's recommendation of Al Arabi we were pretty good and they sent through some idea's but they seem limited to one chain of hotels "Beachcombers", nice hotels but I want to see some others before we commit to one.

So any feedback is welcome....

Tacky gift reward now upgraded to not so tacky for the right resort....

Seychelles and Maldives are both pretty expensive . Qatar Airways have some good package deals if u want to check that out. Thailand on the other hand is so soo much cheaper and very beautiful as well . I was there for my honeymoon, Phuket and Phi Phi. Amazing tho not sure if all still the same after the tsunami. What about Goa (not sure of its written that way). A lot of ppl talking about it lately. Seems like the latest holiday destination.

Make sure u plan carefully. Good Luck!!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:08 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
Seychelles and Maldives are both pretty expensive . Qatar Airways have some good package deals if u want to check that out. Thailand on the other hand is so soo much cheaper and very beautiful as well . I was there for my honeymoon, Phuket and Phi Phi. Amazing tho not sure if all still the same after the tsunami. What about Goa (not sure of its written that way). A lot of ppl talking about it lately. Seems like the latest holiday destination.

Make sure u plan carefully. Good Luck!!
I am sure he prepare for that Malt. Only once in a life time
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

dont write off thailand just yet.

we went to the very southern tip of phuket on honeymoon, nice and quiet v romantic but only 20 mins from the insanity

try the royal meridien phuket yacht club, we absolutely loved it and had the beach to ourselves most of the time.
they are now open again after the tsunami and have renovated the restraunts that got damaged

or bust the budget and stay at the oriental in bangkok, truely the most awesome hotel i've ever stayed in. not over the top, briliant rooms and the services is out of this world
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:27 am