Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need advice shipping dog from UK to Dubai anyone got experience of doing this

Need advice shipping dog from UK to Dubai anyone got experience of doing this

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

reefreveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice shipping dog from UK to Dubai anyone got experience of doing this

Hi,

I need advice for shipping my dog from UK to Dubai has anyone got experience of doing this any good companies to deal with or any nightmares I should watch out for? Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need advice shipping dog from UK to Dubai anyone got experience of doing this

We transported 2 and a cat from the US to here and there is so much paperwork, deadlines regarding shots etc and certain time frames required for import ( can't do this too soon, can't do that too late) we hired a pet relocation company. We used Air Animals but they are US based. However, they may handle any/all international areas. If so, they were great and handled everything! All we had to do was have the pets at the vet when told to for the health certs. If you don't know yet, all animals have to come in via cargo. There is no getting around it.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:31 am
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need advice shipping dog from UK to Dubai anyone got experience of doing this

Originally Posted by reefreveller View Post
Hi,

I need advice for shipping my dog from UK to Dubai has anyone got experience of doing this any good companies to deal with or any nightmares I should watch out for? Thanks
We just brought a dog across from Canada and used BVC http://www.britvet.ae/pettravel.htm. They were extrremely helpfull and efficient.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please be mindful that the UAE is not particularly dog friendly. First of all, muslims simply dislike dogs. Secondly, the ambient heat is oppressive. Thirdly, the humidity is not much better. Fourthly, there are very few parks where dogs are allowed to walk...need I continue? Good luck though.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Loads of useful info here: http://dkc.ae/ (and I can recommend them if you want an agent to do the Dubai clearing for you.)