Reload this Page >

Need Advice on renting an appartment

Need Advice on renting an appartment

Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Hamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Advice on renting an appartment

Hi guys,

I am going to work for ZADCO, my office is in Khalifa Bin Zayed street. I will locate to AD alone in September 2011 and would need 1 bedroom apartment. I pay for the rent by myself.

Could you help me with some suggestion? which area? should rent a residential apartment or a serviced apartment? payment term?

I search dubizzle.com and confused by area, agent fee, some with no fee, some with high fee up to 1,000usd.

Thank you,
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Advice on renting an appartment

as an adnoc company woulda thought they just gave you one of the hundreds of apartments in the company name all over town... In any event since your gonna be here on your own you should probably wait till you are here to look around and see what suits you. Agent fees are 5% of your annual rent and near impossible to get out of.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niddy
Agent fees are 5% of your annual rent and near impossible to get out of.
Unless you deal directly with the landlord.

Typical 1 bedroom serviced hotel apartments in that area are around the 15,000 Dhms mark per month which gets you a decent place.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Unless you deal directly with the landlord.

Typical 1 bedroom serviced hotel apartments in that area are around the 15,000 Dhms mark per month which gets you a decent place.
Or you could get an unfurnished, normal apartment for about 120-140k if you don't want or need the convenience of it being serviced and furnished. You may well be able to get a one-bed much cheaper than that--have a look round dubizzle.com.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Or you could get an unfurnished, normal apartment for about 120-140k if you don't want or need the convenience of it being serviced and furnished. You may well be able to get a one-bed much cheaper than that--have a look round dubizzle.com.
It's just a hunch, but I think is budget is 73,400 AED per annum.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Hamin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It's just a hunch, but I think is budget is 73,400 AED per annum.
I think this matches my budget. Do you have any agent contact number? Thank you.