Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Natural spring water in KSA

Natural spring water in KSA

Old Mar 16th 2021, 8:43 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Natural spring water in KSA

Has anyone watched the Netflix series called "Down to Earth"? In the episode "France" they made an interesting point about how drinking filtered water drains out all the minerals from your body. So water apparently has this basic property to attract minerals towards itself. And when it doesn't have any of its own which is usually the case with filtered water then it sucks in minerals from your body after consumption to end up making them go to waste through you know what.

So this made me start to look at the labels on water bottles in my grocery visits. And I noticed that they do not mention source on the packaging. So does this mean that most of us are drinking lowest quality water from the bottles?

Does anyone now if its possible to get natural spring water in the Middle East esp KSA?
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Natural spring water in KSA

My mate ended up in hospital with low sodium after switching to drinking the zero sodium Al Ain stuff. He switched back and all was well.

Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Has anyone watched the Netflix series called "Down to Earth"? In the episode "France" they made an interesting point about how drinking filtered water drains out all the minerals from your body. So water apparently has this basic property to attract minerals towards itself. And when it doesn't have any of its own which is usually the case with filtered water then it sucks in minerals from your body after consumption to end up making them go to waste through you know what.

So this made me start to look at the labels on water bottles in my grocery visits. And I noticed that they do not mention source on the packaging. So does this mean that most of us are drinking lowest quality water from the bottles?

Does anyone now if its possible to get natural spring water in the Middle East esp KSA?
The majority of the water in Riyadh comes from Lime stone aquifers.
there used to be a spring at Al Ulu but water levels were reduced due to agriculture and it dried up so only well water now.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 6:02 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
The majority of the water in Riyadh comes from Lime stone aquifers.
there used to be a spring at Al Ulu but water levels were reduced due to agriculture and it dried up so only well water now.
Interesting to know Saudi had it's own natural springs once.

Although I was asking if somebody knows of a foreign brand bottled water that is sourced from natural springs and is available in retail.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Interesting to know Saudi had it's own natural springs once.

Although I was asking if somebody knows of a foreign brand bottled water that is sourced from natural springs and is available in retail.
Evian

Zam zam - the spring that never dries up no matter how much is pulled from it and sold.