National ID Card

Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently living in Wrexham North Wales, UK but soon to move to Dubai with work.
AndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to all
Default National ID Card

Hi All,

Just thought I would ask a rather stupid question in relation to the National ID Card fiasco. Has anyu one managed to get there card or have you battled against the usual crap here.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National ID Card

some reading material....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570046
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently living in Wrexham North Wales, UK but soon to move to Dubai with work.
AndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to all

Thanks Matahari,

Just as I thought, think I will wait till the new year, as I am off to the UK this week untill 2nd week of Jan09
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:12 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndyB123
Thanks Matahari,

Just as I thought, think I will wait till the new year, as I am off to the UK this week untill 2nd week of Jan09
The whole idea been delayed till 2009, the deadline was moved from Dec 31 2008 till another announcment in 2009.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

My card arrived safe and sound.
The bigger question is: "Does it do anything?"
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:14 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
My card arrived safe and sound.
The bigger question is: "Does it do anything?"
not really, just makes you another fonded member of the big brother society.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

The Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) has given professional expatriates an additional two months to get an identity card after officials admitted that thousands were going to miss the original deadline.

Registration centres have been overwhelmed in recent months after professionals, including anyone holding a university degree, were told they would not be able to access government services, including health care and possibly use of the banking system, without a card after Dec 31.

A schedule released to the public today now gives professional expats and anyone working for the government a new deadline of Febr 28 to register for the card. Administrative workers, including secretaries, translators, typists and shopkeepers, as well as expatriates employed in the hotel, restaurant and tourism industries, will start from March 1.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20.../82452668/1040
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the local radio, the deadline for expat professionals has been "extended" to end-February 2009 so the hassle will resume after the New Year festivities it seems...unless you are one of those BE members who think that we British are too civilised to deal with such trivial regulations.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
According to the local radio, the deadline for expat professionals has been "extended" to end-February 2009 so the hassle will resume after the New Year festivities it seems...unless you are one of those BE members who think that we British are too civilised to deal with such trivial regulations.
And who would that be LH?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by annacarna
And who would that be LH?
They are of the male chauvinist persuasion, my dear.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

And the confusion continues..........

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...581069732/1010
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
And the confusion continues..........

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...581069732/1010
Lubbly jubbly
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's National ID was "declined" by the authority several months ago. At that moment, I decided it would be a waste of time to re-apply and gave up.

Today I got a call from Empost - they are now delivering the ID!

This is clearly a well-oiled machine we're dealing with.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Email forward:
Life after UAE National ID - starting 2009

Operator: ' Thank you for calling Pizza Hut . May I have your...

Customer: 'Helloo, can I order..'

Operator: 'Can I have your multi UAE identity card number first, Sir?'

Customer: ' It's eh..., hold..........on......889861356102049998-45-54610'

Operator: 'OK... you're... Mr Singh and you're calling from 17 Jalan Kayu. Your home number is 4094! 2366, your office 76452302 and your mobile is 0142662566. Which number are you calling from now Sir?'

Customer: ' Home! How did you get all my phone numbers?

Operator: ' We are connected to the system Sir'

Customer: 'May I order your Seafood Pizza...'

Operator : 'That's not a good idea Sir'

Customer: 'How come?'

Operator :'According to your medical records, you have high blood pressure and even higher cholesterol level Sir'

Customer:'What?.... What do you recommend then?'

Operator :'Try our Low Fat Hokkien Mee Pizza. You'll like it'

Customer:'How do you know for sure?'

Operator :'You borrowed a book entitled 'Popular Hokkien Dishes' from the National Library last week Sir'

Customer:'OK I give up... Give me three family size ones then, how much will that cost?'

Operator :'That should be enough for your family of 10, Sir. The total is $49.99'

Customer:'Can I pay by credit card?'

Operator :'I'm afraid you have to pay us cash, Sir. Your credit card is over the limit and you owe your bank $3,720.55 since October last year. That's not including the late payment charges on your housing loan, Sir.'

Customer:'I guess I have to run to the neighbourhood ATM and withdraw some cash before your guy arrives'

Operator :'You can't Sir. Based on the records, you've reached your daily limit on machine withdrawal today'

Customer:'Never mind just send the pizzas, I'll have the cash ready. How long is it gonna take anyway?'

Operator : 'About 45 minutes Sir, but if you can't wait you can always come and collect it on your motorcycle...'

Customer:'What!'

Operator :'According to the details in system ,you own a Scooter,...registration number 1123...'

Customer:'????'

Operator :'Is there anything else Sir?'

Customer:'Nothing... by the way... aren't you giving me that 3 free bottles of cola as advertised?'

Operator : 'We normally would Sir, but based on your records you're also diabetic....... '

Customer:#$$^%&$@$% ^ tum kidere.....abe dyega... neye!!!!!!!..............

Operator :'Better watch your language Sir. Remember on 15th July 1987 you were convicted of using abusive language on a policeman...?'
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:11 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
wot he said
pmsl!

The only thing is, that scenario is completely implausible... phone operators are never that eloquent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.