Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My wife needs cataract surgery.

My wife needs cataract surgery.

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Yacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really nice
Default My wife needs cataract surgery.

Greetings:

My wife went to see her ophthalmologist today. He confirmed her suspicions. She has a cataract on her right eye. Unfortunately, although he can do the surgery, we simply won’t be in Canada long enough. The next available time he could do the surgery would be next summer during our next visit to Canada but this is simply too long to wait. My wife’s doctor recommends that she gets the cataract removed while we are overseas. He feels that my wife shouldn’t endure her visual discomfort any longer than necessary. While we are Saudi Arabia, we would like to get this surgery done but I don’t know even how to start the process of finding the right doctor. Five years ago, on the same eye, my wife had a vitrectomy. Her doctor in Halifax advices that the doctor who performs the cataract surgery should be aware of the vitrectomy so that he can take extra care during the cataract removal. It seems to me that my wife needs a very competent doctor for this operation. Does anyone on this forum know of a doctor who can do this type of surgery in the Al-Khobar/Dammam area in Saudi Arabia? If not in the Al-Khobar/Dammam area, do you know of a doctor who can do this type of surgery anywhere in the Kingdom in perhaps Jeddah or Riyadh or even outside the Kingdom like in the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, India, Thailand and so on? Any information you can give us is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My wife needs cataract surgery.

You might want to contact Dr Tabbara, perhaps he could recommend a clinic close to you in Al-Khobar/Dammam area.

http://www.eyecenter.com.sa/