On my way!

Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:41 am
Account Closed

cosmoclaire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On my way!

Hi All!
Im moving out to Dubai in January with my partner..his work.Im really looking forward to it...so would you if you were living in Swansea at the moment!
English girl in Wales,and cant wait for some sun!
What I am dreading is leaving behind my friends 37,no kids,a shih-tzu and soon to be friendless! Any top tips on a fast way to make new ones?!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On my way!

Originally Posted by cosmoclaire
Hi All!
Im moving out to Dubai in January with my partner..his work.Im really looking forward to it...so would you if you were living in Swansea at the moment!
English girl in Wales,and cant wait for some sun!
What I am dreading is leaving behind my friends 37,no kids,a shih-tzu and soon to be friendless! Any top tips on a fast way to make new ones?!
Hiya Cosmo, stay on here and join the other sites, it's a small world in Dubai and that way you will have a good grounding for when you get here.

Good Luck
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

hi and welcome...what sort of things do you like to do...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Hi Matahari!
I like most things...and am willing to try anything once!
Im outgoing and get along with most people.A fun loving gal! Im not your sewing club kind of person,but like I said I just want to get to know people who are cheerful with a good sense of humour!
Have you been out there long?How have you found things?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:30 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here nearly 3 years and I love it...don't want to move any time soon...
It's a bit different for me, cause I have 3 kids, so my days are sort of segmented around the schoolruns and kids activities, plus it's somewhat easier to meet other women through school...apart from that I do some freelance work in interior decorating.
But I am sure if you are outgoing and openminded, you will soon find your feet here. There's always loads of newcomers looking for a bit of laugh and a natter...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Now that was something I was wondering about!
When you are renting,are the landlords generally happy to let tenants decorate the house,or are they fairly rigid about that sort of thing?
Also,it is going to be my partner choosing the house in December...god help me! We are wanting a 3 bed house,are there any areas we should avoid?So far ive liked the look of the springs and arabian ranches but you cant really tell from pictures on the web.

Last edited by cosmoclaire; Nov 4th 2007 at 12:45 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

Now that was something I was wondering about!
When you are renting,are the landlords generally happy to let tenants decorate the house,or are they fairly rigid about that sort of thing?
It depends on the landlord...but mostely they will expect you to hand back the house in the same state that you took it...
It's not a problem to paint the walls, if you move out they will have to repaint the house again anyway, or you just get a 'little man' to do it for you...also you can hang pictures (well, if the wall is solid enough for it), curtain rods etc...
A lot of villas come with horrible lighting fixtures by the way...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

any tips on areas? sorry i just edited my last thread!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

that all depends on what you are after...and where your husband works, cause traffic can be a bit of a nightmare...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

im not too sure where he will be working,so thats not much help.We are after a 3 bed villa,house.Ive been looking on the web,the springs and the arabian ranches seem nice,but its hard to tell just by looking at the pictures.The houses may seem nice but are the areas?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:04 pm
hmmmm...nice

im not too sure where he will be working,so thats not much help.We are after a 3 bed villa,house.Ive been looking on the web,the springs and the arabian ranches seem nice,but its hard to tell just by looking at the pictures.The houses may seem nice but are the areas?
well...you will have to find out first where he works and how much housing allowance he'll be getting...as for areas, it very personal, I would never want to live in Springs or AR, but there are loads and loads that love it there...like I said, it all depends on what you are after...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

any particular reasons you wouldnt want to live there? Im really after somewhere thats just friendly,a nice area to live.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

any particular reasons you wouldnt want to live there? Im really after somewhere thats just friendly,a nice area to live.
well given that you're in Swansea right now you won't be that fussed, but they are square km after square km of identical houses.... like a council estate with pretensions towards arabian styling on an obscene scale...

but, hey, some people like it there....
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Please give me some tips on the areas that are nice! If my other half is going to be choosing the house at least i will be able to give him some idea!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
well given that you're in Swansea right now you won't be that fussed, but they are square km after square km of identical houses.... like a council estate with pretensions towards arabian styling on an obscene scale...

but, hey, some people like it there....
lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.